First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D Badlands(2023)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know the the auto-stop/start works fine for most everyone, but I am not the biggest fan. For me the fuel savings benefits are negligible and I know there are multiple threads where people talk about not liking it. I am debating if I should disable it permanently(sounds like Forscan might not be best method?), but I am disabling double-honk. All it takes is just a handful of people telling me they had any kind of issue, for any reason, and I will probably dive into it disabling it without having to constantly hit the button. I am sure a lot of people will want to respond saying never had an issue, and that is where I am as well, but looking for anyone that has had or heard about people having a restart/starter/battery issue with their Bronco that left them dead in an intersection, etc.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
VailDan

VailDan

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D Badlands(2023)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sandbergo

Outer Banks
First Name
Jelani & Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I disabled it in Forscan and haven’t had any issues, been riding like that for about a year and a half now. I think they should have made it default to off and use the button to engage when you want it not the way they have it now.

Sponsored
OP
OP
VailDan

VailDan

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D Badlands(2023)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks - That helps as trying to decide if I should use Forscan for it or not. No way I am tearing into the dash to disable it

Sandbergo

Outer Banks
First Name
Jelani & Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The dash is pretty easy if you get the work around instead. I believe if you get the Ford Performance Cal you can turn it off on there and it will leave it off. I figure I will forscan back to normal when I get the tuner.

Calm horse

Big Bend
First Name
MO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 f150 king ranch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yes...the tune keeps it at whatever you last set it to.
Strongly recommend procal tune...so far about 1.2 mpg better...better throttle response..more power...shifting way better!...and it takes care of A.S.S without deleting it..

Fly

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thanks - That helps as trying to decide if I should use Forscan for it or not. No way I am tearing into the dash to disable it
Yeah I thought about the little box you plug into the dash, then realized Forscan would be faster, cheaper, less invasive. No issues at all since disabling

AK007

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting my Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I got the auto-start stop eliminator from Amazon and it made my truck do all sort of weird stuff, Extra loud chimes, back window rolling down on its own. I returned and I just ordered the Procal Ford performance tune.

Sponsored
OP
OP
VailDan

VailDan

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D Badlands(2023)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not hearing of any issues at all yet where someone had an alternator problem or something where battery was low and they were left stranded, etc.

I was still going to disable through Forscan, but it appears as if Forscan has changed as the new setting for 2023s is 023A and reading of multiple people now having trouble making changes through latest version of Forscan 2.3.53

Bronccraig

Big Bend
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Challenger RT Hemi Orange
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
You could just punch the button in the center of the dash that defeats it until the next power on cycle.
Yeah i have this on my gladiator and manual bronco, i never understood how barely lifting your foot off brake so that car starts right back up again is such and inconvenience and if you double brake as your braking on my jeep it never cuts off..but thats just me

Kyukidoeric

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco (former 69 & 77 Bronco owner)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I know the the auto-stop/start works fine for most everyone, but I am not the biggest fan. For me the fuel savings benefits are negligible and I know there are multiple threads where people talk about not liking it. I am debating if I should disable it permanently(sounds like Forscan might not be best method?), but I am disabling double-honk. All it takes is just a handful of people telling me they had any kind of issue, for any reason, and I will probably dive into it disabling it without having to constantly hit the button. I am sure a lot of people will want to respond saying never had an issue, and that is where I am as well, but looking for anyone that has had or heard about people having a restart/starter/battery issue with their Bronco that left them dead in an intersection, etc.
I just always drive in sport mode. That disables it too.

Kyukidoeric

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco (former 69 & 77 Bronco owner)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yeah i have this on my gladiator and manual bronco, i never understood how barely lifting your foot off brake so that car starts right back up again is such and inconvenience and if you double brake as your braking on my jeep it never cuts off..but thats just me
You loose a quick acceleration when the start/stop is activated. That's my only issue.
Sponsored