First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TT Roadster, Reatta convertible.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The feature is not the problem, it’s the default on setting. If it had a permanent toggle no one would complain. Having to change to your personal preference every day is just stupid.
Good news is that in some future update your seat will reset to the furthest position, your temp settings will reset to 74, and you will have to select “I am sure” 26 times when you take the doors off to get the vehicle to start.

It’s for the kids.
Sponsored

OP
OP
ICUGAZN

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The feature is not the problem, it’s the default on setting. If it had a permanent toggle no one would complain. Having to change to your personal preference every day is just stupid.
Good news is that in some future update your seat will reset to the furthest position, your temp settings will reset to 74, and you will have to select “I am sure” 26 times when you take the doors off to get the vehicle to start.

It’s for the kids.
Are you sure about the coming features? :)

abe

Wildtrak
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 XLT 2.7 (sold 😥), 84 Chevy K5, 09 Chevy T
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

In addition to battery state and HVAC settings already listed, not enough pressure on the brake pedal will cause ASS to not function.

Ig_bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Has anyone noticed that their Auto Stop/Start has stopped working? I got my Bronco on 11/4 and it was working. The other day I noticed that when the vehicle was stopped, it was no longer cutting off. The little light in the instrament panel comes on when I'm stopped but it is greyed out. The same behavior as if it was disabled via Forscan. The only thing I was have done was wire up lights in the bumper to the AUX switches last thursday. I think I noticed the change on Saturday. I'm not really complaining about it, but I would like to know what caused the change.
I've noticed mine stop working when I don't have a ton of pressure on the brake. Like I got enough to stop but a little more engine cuts off. Recently I've had the heat on and that it hit or miss some stops the engine doesn't cut. Others it does. I get your frustration either work all the time or don't. I've gotten used to it

OP
OP
ICUGAZN

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've noticed mine stop working when I don't have a ton of pressure on the brake. Like I got enough to stop but a little more engine cuts off. Recently I've had the heat on and that it hit or miss some stops the engine doesn't cut. Others it does. I get your frustration either work all the time or don't. I've gotten used to it
Thanks for your feedback. I'm really good with it as when it works, it is so smooth on restart that it's not a big deal. I was going to disable it, but I think i will leave it as-is. :)

Sponsored

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Has anyone noticed that their Auto Stop/Start has stopped working? I got my Bronco on 11/4 and it was working. The other day I noticed that when the vehicle was stopped, it was no longer cutting off. The little light in the instrament panel comes on when I'm stopped but it is greyed out. The same behavior as if it was disabled via Forscan. The only thing I was have done was wire up lights in the bumper to the AUX switches last thursday. I think I noticed the change on Saturday. I'm not really complaining about it, but I would like to know what caused the change.
someone may have already said this, but there's actually a screen (I forget how to get to it exactly) but it'll tell you why the auto start/stop is or isn't active.

i.e. the other day it didn't come on for me and I happen to come across this screen and it said it was because the car was still heating up.

OP
OP
ICUGAZN

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

someone may have already said this, but there's actually a screen (I forget how to get to it exactly) but it'll tell you why the auto start/stop is or isn't active.

i.e. the other day it didn't come on for me and I happen to come across this screen and it said it was because the car was still heating up.
That’s interesting. I’ll look for that.

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So you are perfectly fine with the government regulating personal responsibility out of life?
The challenge is that as a society we've been trying to regulate drunk driving out of life for a long, long time and continue to fail. Personal responsibility isn't working there.

I'm no fan of government mandates in general, but if technology exists to prevent an impaired person from getting behind the wheel, why wouldn't we want that included in vehicles?

The bigger question is how it's implemented and whether the technology exists to do it well.

The last paragraph validates my point about beer at dinner. Those that lobbied for the law spend a lot of money to get what they want. They usually do. And God bless em. I’m against drunk driving too, but this the wrong way to solve this particular issue. Very Minority Reportish.
I'm interested in the right way to solve this issue. I don't know what it is - but I do believe there can be quality technological solutions to this. The key is making sure the quality ones are the ones that are used.

The one thing a government regulation like this does - and I'm not a big fan of regulation - that is a positive to solving this issue is to create a market for the technology. If every vehicle sold in America is going to have to have systems that do this, technology and auto companies now have a guaranteed market for which to develop solutions.

Hopefully some really smart and capable people put effort into solving this challenge.

Skeeterjack

Outer Banks
First Name
RON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018MUSTANG GT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Mine seems to stop working in a drive thru. It seems to know after 1 to 2 time shutdowns,your not going anywhere so stays running.

Perfect-Beast-2

Black Diamond
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 F100 / 1980 F150 Stepside / 2019 F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Are you rolling around in a GOAT mode? If I select Sport mode, turn off the Auto stop/start, then turn the vehicle off, the vehicle asks me if I want to return to sport mode the next time I start it. If I say yes, it'll remember that I had auto stop/start disabled and do it for me.
Wait! It remembers the mode? My F150 had Sport mode and I had to set it every time I started it again. I'm going to have to go to the coffee shop now in my Bronco and try that out.

Sponsored

BOLD Renegade93

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It does for Sport mode at least. That's the only mode I've tested. When you start the vehicle the next time it'll ask if you want to go back to Sport mode.

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

On the flipside-the new infrastructure bill that is mandating this drunk driving feature is also dropkicking the NSTB to allow more advanced lighting designs on cars that will make seeing the dark better without blinding other motorists.

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
if I get in the car later, I'll see if I can find it again and let you know!
@ICUGAZN here ya go!

Go into menu (3 lines on steering wheel)

Ford Bronco Auto Stop / Start stopped working PXL_20211117_164849455

Ford Bronco Auto Stop / Start stopped working PXL_20211117_164853826

Ford Bronco Auto Stop / Start stopped working PXL_20211117_164858687

And then I put the car in park and it showed this.
Ford Bronco Auto Stop / Start stopped working PXL_20211117_164906356
Sponsored