Reaction score
Website
www.sparkherd.com
Vehicle(s)
Lifelong Ford guy.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This might seem like a stupid question, but do most of you use an emergency brake for some reason? Do y'all live in San Francisco or something? I never ever use an emergency brake other than when I am on a significant incline/decline. Just curious, I am getting a MT and was wondering if there is something I need to know. Thank you in advance.
I've got an 85 F-250 with Warner T-18 granny gear 4 speed.
I always park it in granny gear. I didn't use my emergency brake for about 18 years.
I plan on always parking my Bronco (if I ever get it) in granny, er, uh, crawler gear.
Sponsored

mapletonpd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands 4dr Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Damn this is an old thread but I’m brining it back up!

I was taught by my dad to always use the parking break in a manual - hard habit to break haha.

How does this automatic break release work in the manual I’ve never seen to be able to get it to work in my 23!

One reason I like to use parking break vs in gear: the brake can’t be released without the key - keeps some kid or idiot from getting in my truck and taking it out of gear!

mapletonpd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands 4dr Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have to give some throttle input and the park brake releases.
Man I feel really stupid. My lifetime habit of starting a manual is to push in both clutch and brake, then start. Basically if you touch the brake at all it seems to short circuit this operation - but I think I can get used to it now that I know the steps!

Thank you all so much.

Is there a way to automatically engage the ebrake when you park and turn the car off because that would be sweet.
Sponsored