John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vette, Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Has anyone noticed that their Auto Stop/Start has stopped working? I got my Bronco on 11/4 and it was working. The other day I noticed that when the vehicle was stopped, it was no longer cutting off. The little light in the instrament panel comes on when I'm stopped but it is greyed out. The same behavior as if it was disabled via Forscan. The only thing I was have done was wire up lights in the bumper to the AUX switches last thursday. I think I noticed the change on Saturday. I'm not really complaining about it, but I would like to know what caused the change.
If there is a draw on the battery below app. 12v
it won't work
Setup that way.Thats why when you start the car in the mourning it is probly grayed out until the battery is fully charged
Thats how my Palisade works anyway
Check the draw on the battery
Sponsored

Saken6969

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ford Bronco Auto Stop / Start stopped working 293B3511-5924-437A-B3FB-CDA4A74FF497

My battery voltage drops to 10 volts every time auto stop kicks off. What’s going on?

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've driven two Broncos about 400 miles in city, highway, and trail driving. I would estimate the auto start/stop finds a reason to stay off about 70% of the time. The HVAC on the very lowest setting kept the engine on. The off-road features keep the engine on. I will just say, it stays off most of the time. Don't know if that is intentional or just anecdotal on my part.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco Auto Stop / Start stopped working 293B3511-5924-437A-B3FB-CDA4A74FF497

My battery voltage drops to 10 volts every time auto stop kicks off. What’s going on?
If your battery is dropping to 10.5V or lower under load, one of the cells in your battery is damaged, a cell is opening up internally, has higher internal resistance. It won't get better, it will strand you sooner rather than later. Hard starting and the auto stop start stem being inactive are further clues. As the internal resistance gets higher, will also beat up your alternator as it has to push harder to 'fill' the battery. I suggest you get the battery tested and changed as needed.

Saken6969

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If your battery is dropping to 10.5V or lower under load, one of the cells in your battery is damaged, a cell is opening up internally, has higher internal resistance. It won't get better, it will strand you sooner rather than later. Hard starting and the auto stop start stem being inactive are further clues. As the internal resistance gets higher, will also beat up your alternator as it has to push harder to 'fill' the battery. I suggest you get the battery tested and changed as needed.
Thank You

Sponsored

Firefight911

Wildtrak
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4-door Wildtrak, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

this is sage advice right there!!!

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I like the auto Start/Stop feature as well, but with the manual trans, it is super seamless. The vehicle shuts down when stopped, and immediately starts when I begin to engage the clutch. Before I shift and am ready to move forward, the vehicle is started and ready to go...no lag.

I cant speak to how it functions with the automatic trans, but super easy with the manual trans.
You know, on the manual I like it too. I control it because it only happens when in neutral and clutch out. I go to the bank and it shuts right off because I planned it.

Mine stopped working a couple weeks ago. I noticed it the day I picked it up from the dealer for a door actuator not working (apparently self inflicted).

I stopped at the dealer and they said they wouldn't have disabled it. I will check batt terminals. We have an f150 where there is a sense cable on that will keep it from stopping.

Ken

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You know, on the manual I like it too. I control it because it only happens when in neutral and clutch out. I go to the bank and it shuts right off because I planned it.

Mine stopped working a couple weeks ago. I noticed it the day I picked it up from the dealer for a door actuator not working (apparently self inflicted).

I stopped at the dealer and they said they wouldn't have disabled it. I will check batt terminals. We have an f150 where there is a sense cable on that will keep it from stopping.

Ken
Ok, someone just posted the manual. I looked it up in mine. My doors are off now and have been since that day at the dealer. Perhaps it considers they are open and won't shut it off. It does say that I can look to see the reason it does not operate, but I haven't found that yet.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Auto Start Stop

The auto start stop system helps reduce fuel consumption and decrease emissions by automatically shutting down the engine when the vehicle stops and the engine is idling, usually within 1500 ms (1.5 seconds). To initiate the auto start stop operation on automatic transmission equipped vehicles on automatic transmission equipped vehicles, the vehicle gear selector must be in DRIVE when the vehicle comes to a stop and the brake pedal must be fully applied. The engine automatically restarts when the brake pedal is released, usually within 500 ms (0.5 seconds), or when a vehicle system requires a restart, for example to recharge the battery or to maintain interior comfort settings.

To initiate the auto start stop operation on manual transmission equipped vehicles, the gear selector must be in NEUTRAL, and the clutch pedal fully released. An auto start is initiated when the clutch pedal is pressed.

The auto start stop system is defaulted to an ON state when the engine is started. To switch the auto start stop system OFF, press the auto start stop switch located on the center console. To turn the auto start stop system ON, press the auto start stop switch again. The auto start stop system can only be deactivated during the current ignition cycle.

The IPC auto start stop indicator illuminates when an auto start stop system inhibit or disable condition is present.

During normal operation the auto start stop system may not stop the engine under the following conditions:

• The A/C , heat or defrost settings are ON
  • The battery has a low state of charge or is below approximately 5°C (41°F) or above 60°C (140°F)
  • The maximum engine off time is exceeded
  • The engine operating temperature is less than 60°C (140°F)
  • The gear selector is in the PARK, REVERSE, NEUTRAL or SECOND GEAR position
  • Initial vehicle speed of greater than 4 km/h (2.5 MPH) and less than 2 seconds has elapsed
  • The vehicle is on a steep road grade
  • Elevation is above 12,000 feet (3,657 meters) approximately
  • The CPP sensor indicates the clutch pedal is not fully released
Any of the following conditions may result in an automatic restart of the engine:

• The blower fan speed is increased or the climate control temperature is changed
  • An electrical accessory is turned ON or plugged in
  • Incorrect brake vacuum
  • The auto start stop switch is pressed to disable the system while the engine is stopped
Sponsored