Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You do you man, but I personally don't like a delay if I need to accelerate quickly into traffic and mainly I do not want all the unncessary wear and tear on the engine and especially the starter
The starter has been beefed up to deal with the stop start-engine wear isn't an issue once its at temp.

Once you lift your foot off the brake it should start instantaneously and shouldn't have an issue with accelerating into traffic.

My wife's 2017 Escape has this and it was slightly weird at first, I don't even notice it anymore when I drive it.
Sponsored

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

What are you talking about?
Someone posted a list, but often HVAC controls override it when its really cold or hot out.

OP
OP
ICUGAZN

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Someone posted a list, but often HVAC controls override it when its really cold or hot out.
Ok, I get that, but none of that changed this week. It went from working to not at all. the indicator came up but it wasn't green. Again, it came up as though it was disabled via forscan. When its being overridden by what you listed, the it just doesn't shut off, the indicator doesn't come up at all. so I think this was different than the list of controls that can override.

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You do you man, but I personally don't like a delay if I need to accelerate quickly into traffic and mainly I do not want all the unncessary wear and tear on the engine and especially the starter
Wear and tear is an old, outdated argument against AS/S.

The acceleration things used to be much more true than it is in new cars now. It's only an issue if you want it to be an issue.

All that said, I know people don't like it, and I certainly don't care if someone does or doesn't. I just encourage people to decide for themselves based on real issues.

I used to dislike it. On modern cars I don't really care, and in fact kind of like it. There's something peaceful about sitting at a stoplight without the engine vibration.

TxBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar f-pace
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My current car
Has anyone noticed that their Auto Stop/Start has stopped working? I got my Bronco on 11/4 and it was working. The other day I noticed that when the vehicle was stopped, it was no longer cutting off. The little light in the instrament panel comes on when I'm stopped but it is greyed out. The same behavior as if it was disabled via Forscan. The only thing I was have done was wire up lights in the bumper to the AUX switches last thursday. I think I noticed the change on Saturday. I'm not really complaining about it, but I would like to know what caused the change.
My current car does this.. according to the manufacturer outside temperatures also affect it? They could totally be full of shit but I do notice it (could all be in my head at this point) changing when the weather was more spring like in Houston. Again… they could be full of shit but maybe I made you laugh 😂

Sponsored

Coloradonatives

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'69 Chevelle 2020 Chevy Traverse 2009 9-7x Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Agree. But give it time. Bill just passed requires auto manufacturers to develop capability to pull your car over if it thinks you're not driving straight enough.
Please stop with the dramatic "interpretations". Here is the wording: Under the mandate, the safety equipment must “passively monitor the performance of a driver of a motor vehicle to accurately identify whether that driver may be impaired” and “prevent or limit motor vehicle operation if an impairment is detected.” Congress gave the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration three years to issue a final rule for the safety devices, which the bill said would give automakers adequate time to comply with the measure. THAT ALL.

Coloradonatives

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'69 Chevelle 2020 Chevy Traverse 2009 9-7x Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can anyone address this with your Bronco: Our 2020 Traverse transmission has manual shift or "L" mode. When in this mode the auto-stop/start is disabled. It is a 9-speed trans and when you place it in L9 it functions exactly as in the auto trans D mode, just without ASS. Could that be similar to anything Bronco?

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If the engine is cold the feature won’t work until it gets to operating temperature.

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Please stop with the dramatic "interpretations". Here is the wording: Under the mandate, the safety equipment must “passively monitor the performance of a driver of a motor vehicle to accurately identify whether that driver may be impaired” and “prevent or limit motor vehicle operation if an impairment is detected.” Congress gave the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration three years to issue a final rule for the safety devices, which the bill said would give automakers adequate time to comply with the measure. THAT ALL.
So you are perfectly fine with the government regulating personal responsibility out of life? Cars cost what they do in large part because of mandated equipment. Case in point it’s a law all cars have a back up camera because congress thinks people are too stupid to be able to back up without one. Instead of doing that the US could do what most industrialized countries do and actually make sure people are qualified to drive when they get a license.

Boreal

Badlands
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cspencephoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What are you talking about?
Read the Manual. There are preset scenarios that may or may not change how your vehicle behaves.

4178EE3E-8CA0-4641-809F-C1C690401354.jpeg

Reactions: abe

Sponsored

BRBUSTER72

Black Diamond
First Name
DAVE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 XTERRA '16 SUPER DUTY '18 EQUINOX DIESEL
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You're right! I left out the part where the car can detect if you had a beer or not with dinner and not let you start it:). You guys have those kind of laws in Canada already??
Probably not Canada, just CA and NY.

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So you are perfectly fine with the government regulating personal responsibility out of life? Cars cost what they do in large part because of mandated equipment. Case in point it’s a law all cars have a back up camera because congress thinks people are too stupid to be able to back up without one. Instead of doing that the US could do what most industrialized countries do and actually make sure people are qualified to drive when they get a license.
Actually the backup camera was due to people backing up things/other people in the dead spot you have from a rearview mirror.

There was a case where a person backed up over their daughter/sister in the driveway because she was so close the door that they couldn't see them when they backed out (I think they where laying in the sun or something like that). I think this was one of a few cases that mandated backup cameras.

The check backseat thing is incredibly stupid, but there was a case locally where a baby died from someone not checking. I'm sure adding a reminder to the dash when you shut the car off didn't cost that much.

Shit happens-if it saves someone's life its worth it.

Efudd

Badlands
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I thought most manufactures are moving away from the battery doing the start from this feature. The battery is still used for initial / cold starts, but a large capacity does the subsequent starts. This protects the main battery's lifespan, and the capacitor's is fairly quick to recharge. However, I'm not sure if the Bronco uses the main battery or has a capacitor.

wjfawb0 [hacked account]

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler JKR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Rubicon 2 Badlands

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKU Rubicon / 2021 Bronco: Badlands/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know a lot of you really don't like this feature, but there is a button on the dash to turn it off. It is below the screen and in the middle of the upper controls, to the right of the volume knob. I think the second button to the right of the volume.
Sponsored