Sponsored

Anyone have navigation in motion success?

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry to dredge this up again, but...would using that impact any other systems, i.e. disable 911 assist or anything of the like?

It sounds stupid, but trying to have the ability to merely search artists/ albums on a USB drive on my base system, and since it doesn't have native voice controls...this is probably my only/ best option.
Sync 4 has native voice control? Or am I misunderstanding what you mean?

Also yes it would disable 911 assist features. Changing the setting basically makes the car behave like it is no longer in North America.
Sponsored

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Also yes it would disable 911 assist features. Changing the setting basically makes the car behave like it is no longer in North America.
As in be able to watch movies while driving? Sorry, millennials, texting while driving is bad enough, now you want to watch Fast and Furious 1-9 with your hands on the wheel and foot on the gas?

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As in be able to watch movies while driving? Sorry, millennials, texting while driving is bad enough, now you want to watch Fast and Furious 1-9 with your hands on the wheel and foot on the gas?
I don’t think there’s any inputs that technically allow that but maybe? I have a tablet for that

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Not on base versions like my Bronco (mid pkg and up appear to).

My issue is Sync locks me out of searching for a certain artist or album on a USB drive when in motion.

If I had Sync-based Voice commands that wouldn't be an issue. The problem is Voice controls are all handed off to my phone, and my Android has no interest/ ability in relaying commands to something controlled by Sync.

And to clarify, you're saying Can opener tricks it into thinking it's abroad? I'm not looking to try Nav In Motion through Forscan.

Sponsored

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What does in motion do?

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not on base versions like my Bronco (mid pkg and up appear to).

My issue is Sync locks me out of searching for a certain artist or album on a USB drive when in motion.

If I had Sync-based Voice commands that wouldn't be an issue. The problem is Voice controls are all handed off to my phone, and my Android has no interest/ ability in relaying commands to something controlled by Sync.

And to clarify, you're saying Can opener tricks it into thinking it's abroad? I'm not looking to try Nav In Motion through Forscan.
Sorry I didn’t realize you were referring to can opener. No that would not affect the regional settings

Agrod

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hmmm I bet that something can be done to trick the passenger seat sensor to recognize that a passenger is present. When a passenger is seated, you get a prompt to confirm that it's the passenger controlling the screen and the NAV functions are available in motion. The only downside is that all the airbags might deploy in a crash.

DunawY

Wildtrak
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah the MMB box is about the same price, but it's like having a laptop built into your Bronco. You tube, web pages, downloads, better maps, music, email, surf the web or even this forum..all available on your Bronco screen for only $300? What's the problem ???
it's a fantastic addition for that price!!!

And you can even use the broncos wifi Hotspot, so you don't need a phone or other internet connection!

I'm super pleased with mine and also ordering another one for GFs bronco. This is how it should come from the factory!
This sounds really interesting. Do you happen to have a link that I can check out? I’d like to look into it

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

This sounds really interesting. Do you happen to have a link that I can check out? I’d like to look into it
Not really....google mmb box ....there are more than a dozen different ones available now. There is a you tuber that does reports on which one is the best for the $$$ search search

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hmmm I bet that something can be done to trick the passenger seat sensor to recognize that a passenger is present. When a passenger is seated, you get a prompt to confirm that it's the passenger controlling the screen and the NAV functions are available in motion. The only downside is that all the airbags might deploy in a crash.
This is what I complained about in my Escape. We're locked out of touch controls even though there's a passenger who would be operating them. I said for years that Ford could just use the passenger seat airbag sensor to allow using the touchscreen. Are you saying the Bronco allows a passenger to use the touchscreen after confirming a warning screen? Or just that you wish it worked that way? I was thinking of getting that 4D Tech device, but don't need it if Sync will allow the passenger to use the screen while in motion.
Sponsored