Sponsored

Anyone hear when Ford will take 2023 Bronco reservations?

djlumen

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Google
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So sadly my 2022 has gone to pasture and was a total loss. I've been trying to see when Ford might open reservations again but can't find anything using the search on the forum or via Google. So if anyone knows when they might take new reservations I'd appreciate the info.
Sponsored

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, '17 Superduity, '22 Badsquatch, CR 250R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No reservations, only taking orders going forward.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I doubt they will do "reservations" again, but at some point they will open the order banks to retail orders. My guess will be after Nov. ?? when all unconverted reservations are cancelled.
For the time being, only reservation holders will be able to place orders later this month as they update their unbuilt orders to 2023 units.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

So sadly my 2022 has gone to pasture and was a total loss. I've been trying to see when Ford might open reservations again but can't find anything using the search on the forum or via Google. So if anyone knows when they might take new reservations I'd appreciate the info.
MY23 orders at some point, but I'm not sure anyone knows exactly when the is yet. I believe Ford is trying to clean up existing orders/reservations before opening up MY23 orders to everyone else.

Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No reservations. Just walk in orders. Ford already said late Q4 which is assumed to be sometime after Nov 21st when COVP is completed.

Edit. To clarify, Ford is supposed to evaluate placed orders in late Q4 and determine when to open the banks for walk ins. Which is speculated to be Q4 22 or early Q1 23.

Last edited:

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No reservations. Just walk in orders. Ford already said late Q4 which is assumed to be sometime after Nov 21st when COVP is completed.
this. late nov/december for net new

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Probably should add that not just unconverted reservations will be cancelled after 11/21, but any order with a PC'99. As part of COVP, the order will be updated to a PC 10-19. All orders from MY'22 being rolled over at the moment will have a PC'99. If order holders don't complete COVP, then their order will remain as PC'99 and will be cancelled after 11/21.

I suspect that after that cleanup, Ford will look at confirmed orders and that volume of orders will dictate if/when new orders will be accepted.

Arokcrwlr

Wildtrak
First Name
Kraig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150, 2014 Focus, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I was at my dealer today asking about converting my order to MY23. He showed me the playbook document and it said mid Dec for opening the order banks to new retail orders - after COVP is completed.

DaveR5658

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Official email from ford said they will monitor the order banks and report on them in the 4th quarter. They did not say that they for sure were opening it up then. I’m sure we will see new orders that will all be COVP retail orders but we just don’t know when.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not sure what the argument is .... no NEW retail orders at the moment ... they will re-evaluate that policy in Q4.
There is not a hard YES.
There is not a hard NO.

....and as we all know from dealing with Ford since 2016 .... subject to change.
LOL.

STATUSACTION
I have never placed a reservation/order for 21-22MY (new customer).
  • Ford is prioritizing existing order holders and not allowing new retail orders at this time. Ford will monitor order bank status and provide an update in Q4 2022.
  • Reach out to your dealer to express interest in buying a Bronco. You may be able to purchase one off the lot.

Letagoavs710

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Both of you close but not 100% accurate. Official email from ford said they will monitor the order banks and report on them in the 4th quarter. They did not say that they for sure were opening it up then. I’m sure we will see new orders that will all be COVP retail orders but we just don’t know when.
Technically they said, “We will continue to monitor the order bank status throughout the process and will provide an update on the retail order bank opening in Q4.”

This sounds like a when not an if.

I'm not sure what the argument is .... no NEW retail orders at the moment ... they will re-evaluate that policy in Q4.
There is not a hard YES.
There is not a hard NO.

....and as we all know from dealing with Ford since 2016 .... subject to change.
LOL.

STATUSACTION
I have never placed a reservation/order for 21-22MY (new customer).
  • Ford is prioritizing existing order holders and not allowing new retail orders at this time. Ford will monitor order bank status and provide an update in Q4 2022.
  • Reach out to your dealer to express interest in buying a Bronco. You may be able to purchase one off the lot.
Never seen that but the chances of no orders is between slim and none. Either way, captain doesn’t know what he’s talking about claiming no orders all year and everyone else is an idiot spewing misinformation is what the argument is.

DriveAllNight

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One Very Cool Ride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am waiting .... somewhat impatiently
I haven't called the dealer more than a couple of times.
This is the most ridiculous way to have to buy a car, waiting to put in your order to wait for it to be built, and hopefully get it within a year before your order may no longer exist as speced out.
Anyway, hopefully soon, I guess.

Letagoavs710

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I am waiting .... somewhat impatiently
I haven't called the dealer more than a couple of times.
This is the most ridiculous way to have to buy a car, waiting to put in your order to wait for it to be built, and hopefully get it within a year before your order may no longer exist as speced out.
Anyway, hopefully soon, I guess.
Imagine how we feel reserving in August 2020 and having to order for the 3rd model year in a row lol.

DriveAllNight

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One Very Cool Ride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Imagine how we feel reserving in August 2020 and having to order for the 3rd model year in a row lol.
I get it, it sucks.
But in reality I've been waiting just as long, but I screwed up not realizing it.
I've been waiting, I just didn't reserve one because I wanted to test drive one first. Not knowing this nightmare was going to happen. I thought about putting in a reservation, but I thought that if I test drove one and it wasn't going to work for me, it wasn't right not to take it. Yea I know....
But I wasn't familiar with this process and how people were going to take advantage and the extended period of Ford not being able to deliver. Bla bla bla.
I screwed up, and who knows how long it will be. But yea, I've been on board since they announced the coming of the Bronco, I was building one from the beginning and now I'm kicking myself especially when I see people on this forum posting about multiple Broncos they have coming in because they made so many reservations / orders gaming the system, which screws over everyone else.
I thought I was doing the right thing, and now my family is ready to shoot me, because I talk about Broncos way too much. What can you do?
Sponsored