First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
The advantage with the reservation is being able to order exactly what you want from the factory with options and accessories too........you may have a hard time finding the same thing later among dealer stock
I don’t think his argument is about the custom ordering as much as it is about the preordering of a soon to be mass produced and common vehicle. Makes sense for those wanting a First Edition but not much for those wanting a main trim that’s unlimited. I’m fine waiting until I can see one in person (And hoping used Raptor prices fall in the meantime)
Sponsored

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche, Tracker, S-10, 911, GTI, Volt, 528i
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford will take your money now, they'll gladly take it later too. It ain't like you won't be able to buy a bronco if you don't reserve one
Dealers will have no stock other than the occasional canceled order for a very long time after release. Those few that end up on lots will almost all end up with ADM. If you want a Bronco in 2021, you better reserve. If you don’t care about waiting another a year — sure don’t reserve. It’s about when you want to take delivery.

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Dealers will have no stock other than the occasional canceled order for a very long time after release. Those few that end up on lots will almost all end up with ADM. If you want a Bronco in 2021, you better reserve. If you don’t care about waiting another a year — sure don’t reserve. It’s about when you want to take delivery.
Lol

That's what they want you to think

They will have dealer stock in short order after launch

Can you imagine a world where you can only buy a ranger or Tacoma or Colorado if you have a reservation?

Ford is going to print money with the bronco, they'll be around in plenty of numbers for anyone who wants one. Ford will push the launch back if necessary just to make sure they have stock units for sale.

thenewjs

Raptor
First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

The advantage with the reservation is being able to order exactly what you want from the factory with options and accessories too........you may have a hard time finding the same thing later among dealer stock
Wait are you saying that you won't be able to do custom orders in later years?

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base

Can you imagine a world where you can only buy a ranger or Tacoma or Colorado if you have a reservation?
Why would Ford produce a bunch for dealer stock in advance of the reserve orders in direct contradiction of what they have very clearly stated? You really think Ford has planned to outright lie and then do what, when called on it? How much damage will that do to the Ford brand from pissed off reservation holders and the media outlets that will be running the Ford Bamboozled Customers headlines? There is absolutely no logic to your argument.

Don’t forget to come back after launch and post here.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Why would Ford produce a bunch for dealer stock in advance of the reserve orders in direct contradiction of what they have very clearly stated? You really think Ford has planed is to outright lie and then do what when called on it? How much damage will that do to the Ford brand from pissed off reservation holders and the media outlets that will be running the Ford Bamboozled Customers headlines? There is absolutely no logic to your argument.

They will produce for stock alongside the customer orders

Both at the same time

How much damage does ford do to their dealers if they only have product to sell for reservations? Can you imagine how many customers they'd lose if everyone who just walked up to buy one was told to wait a year......

Reservation holders are the distinct minority, this is an enthusiasts forum so this is very different from the real world.

Ford can crank out trucks in huge volume, this is what they do........

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Reservation holders are the distinct minority, this is an enthusiasts forum so this is very different from the real world.
I’ll be looking for you after launch - don’t hide.

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You know you hope I'm right, more bronco's on the road is a good thing!

Cheers man

dpav02

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Toyota 4Runner Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Both at the same time

How much damage does ford do to their dealers if they only have product to sell for reservations? Can you imagine how many customers they'd lose if everyone who just walked up to buy one was told to wait a year......

Ford can crank out trucks in huge volume, this is what they do........

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Ford say that they're going to make the reserved orders first before any dealer stock? Or was that just a rumor?

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Ford say that they're going to make the reserved orders first before any dealer stock? Or was that just a rumor?
Yes. That guy was making it up and speculating...wrongly.

Sponsored

tomknight

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep (3), Fiat Spider, MB ML
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not sure how this plays in, but my dealer told me today there would be no ADM, and x-plan would be honored if eligible on reserved and pre-ordered vehicles.

Dealer stock vehicles may or may not have the same retail pricing. I guess it would depend on what supply and demand looks like. I'm sure Ford would like to keep the mystique that they've generated so far going, so it'd be hard to see them flooding dealer lots when pre-orders have been waiting so long.

Could be wrong though.

mrklas

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda HRV
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What if Ford is testing with an enthusiast car to manage customers expectations and encourage customers to 'order cars' versus 'buy from dealer stock'?

Ford gets to use the information and data to fine tune the product roll - including aligning the manufacturing plan against pooled orders and material availability. There's a potential to improve manufacturing plant efficiency by points if not percentages.

As a dealer they gain a customer with the potential to sell dealer add-ons, perform warranty work and perhaps even do regular maintenance without increasing the operating costs. (Effectively incremental sales)

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Lol

Ford is going to print money with the bronco, they'll be around in plenty of numbers for anyone who wants one. Ford will push the launch back if necessary just to make sure they have stock units for sale.
Why would Ford produce a bunch for dealer stock in advance of the reserve orders in direct contradiction of what they have very clearly stated? You really think Ford has planned to outright lie and then do what, when called on it? How much damage will that do to the Ford brand from pissed off reservation holders and the media outlets that will be running the Ford Bamboozled Customers headlines? There is absolutely no logic to your argument.

Both at the same time

I‘m here to apologize @Straight 6. I really thought you were out-to-lunch for your views on Ford standing by their word. The word I actually thought at the time was idiot.

We clearly don’t know if they will produce for dealer stock ahead of reservations but they did remove that statement from their Q&A (“All reservations will be completed before production of stock units begins.”) yesterday.

Regardless of how that turns out, I feel their recent change in how production is scheduled and not communicating that to the end customer makes Ford an intentional lier.

Sadly (always when it’s me that’s wrong ?), I was the idiot.

Looks like you haven’t posted in a while - hope you come back.

c2one

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Ford Bronco When will Ford shut down reservations? 1603771250525

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Paragon of reliability there, I’m completely reassured.

Now I understand why they removed the statement from the Q&A on Ford’s site - it is better communicated through Twitter. Mike says — “Everything’s better with Twitter!”

Note also the statement has changed. It now specifies 2021 model year. The original statement was ALL reservations. Hard to know with Twitter Mike if that change is meaningful or just keyboard clacking.
Sponsored

Last edited: