Sponsored

Anyone know what all the Wiper settings are supposed to do?

Fly

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Bronco is rated for a max of three raindrops at a time. Twist beyond that and you turn into a rocket ship headed to the moon.
Sponsored

swami37

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Ford F-1 and 2020 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Glad I donā€™t live near the OP. I would be afraid to drive on same roads.

Newdoc

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I had rain sensing wipers on my 2008 GX470 that worked well without a hiccup on a 15 year old car. I shake my head that the Bronco doesn't have them. Not a big deal in Texas, but come on Ford.

jon

Base
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Rubicon, 1989 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Base bronco doesn't have this does it?

Sponsored

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There is a newer manual in the ford pass app marked 12/4/23 that shows one additional setting (off).

A, high, roll the knob away from you
B low, roll back one click down from high
C Auto, 2 clicks down from high or one up from off
D off

The ring closer to the steering wheel works the rear wiper if equipped.

I would bet if you roll the knob past high it will squirt washer fluid.

This was on page 106 I believe:

F12BE2BC-C0BC-465F-AAF9-A2AA6685C659.jpeg
ford could have avoided much of this confusion if AUTO meant the same thing as all my other vehicles that have auto-SENSING wipers.

in this case, AUTO means 'slow down automatically for no apparent reason'

luckily, someone here at b6g figured out how to add the correct sensor and make AUTO match the rest of the automotive world.

OP
OP

KneeDeep

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I guess the answer to my original question is no, no one knows how they are supposed to work. We all know how they seem to actually work, but there must be more to it than that.

Sponsored

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I guess the answer to my original question is no, no one knows how they are supposed to work. We all know how they seem to actually work, but there must be more to it than that.
Wow...just WOW!

coupon_ninja

Badlands
First Name
Abby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT, 2021 Jeep Rubicon 2D
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok yaā€™ll, devilā€™s advocate here ā€¦ while Iā€™m firmly in the RTFM group, the manual does not specify what each tic does. Being that I just got the recall for the wiper motor reprogramming, the motor DOES have a load response, itā€™s just unclear if the individual options avoid that computer control. Other vehicles Iā€™ve had have the option to turn off a rain sensing wipe feature (I was tired of my van going into turbo mode every 10 secs) so that was something I looked at in the beginning.

Since Iā€™ve never had a wiper malfunction, I canā€™t say what setting would be used in that scenario, but Iā€™m getting the feeling that the triple droplet tic may indicate an auto feature of sorts. I really only use level 1 or 2, or full tilt, but the other day the triple tic option does seem more randomized. My 2021 manual only shows A:high speed B:intermittent (3 functions) C: off

OP
OP

KneeDeep

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok yaā€™ll, devilā€™s advocate here ā€¦ while Iā€™m firmly in the RTFM group, the manual does not specify what each tic does. Being that I just got the recall for the wiper motor reprogramming, the motor DOES have a load response, itā€™s just unclear if the individual options avoid that computer control. Other vehicles Iā€™ve had have the option to turn off a rain sensing wipe feature (I was tired of my van going into turbo mode every 10 secs) so that was something I looked at in the beginning.

Since Iā€™ve never had a wiper malfunction, I canā€™t say what setting would be used in that scenario, but Iā€™m getting the feeling that the triple droplet tic may indicate an auto feature of sorts. I really only use level 1 or 2, or full tilt, but the other day the triple tic option does seem more randomized. My 2021 manual only shows A:high speed B:intermittent (3 functions) C: off
Thank you. The fact that its not clear how the are meant to work seems crazy. They don't work how any other modern-ish car works. I don't think they are meant to just get progressively faster or they wouldn't be labeled that way.

patientB

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, and what's with the turn signal lever? Pull it up to signal left, push down to signal right. How do they expect you to remember that?