Sponsored

Anyone know what all the Wiper settings are supposed to do?

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I would recommend that you read your owners manual, not only to learn about how your wipers work, but to learn about other functions of your vehicle.
-Said no guy ever.
Sponsored

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok ya’ll, devil’s advocate here … while I’m firmly in the RTFM group, the manual does not specify what each tic does. Being that I just got the recall for the wiper motor reprogramming, the motor DOES have a load response, it’s just unclear if the individual options avoid that computer control. Other vehicles I’ve had have the option to turn off a rain sensing wipe feature (I was tired of my van going into turbo mode every 10 secs) so that was something I looked at in the beginning.

Since I’ve never had a wiper malfunction, I can’t say what setting would be used in that scenario, but I’m getting the feeling that the triple droplet tic may indicate an auto feature of sorts. I really only use level 1 or 2, or full tilt, but the other day the triple tic option does seem more randomized. My 2021 manual only shows A:high speed B:intermittent (3 functions) C: off
I keep hearing there is no rain sensing, only a motor protection feature that tries to keep the motor from working too hard. The programming fix adjusts this, which (my guess is it) had incorrect or problematic settings.

What's up with the rain drops vs the dashes?
If this is what the OP was after, that question was not asked, instead it was what do the symbols mean. An appropriate follow-up, instead of claiming nobodies helped (I tried?), was this isn't what they see when they use the wipers. We're not mind readers.