Sponsored

Anyone leasing their new Bronco from Ford?

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’ve always leased my vehicles, but I was thinking of buying my Bronco. The only reason I’m considering leasing is because I think Ford will be offering a lot of options in a couple years that they chose not to include initially.
Sponsored

Mud Dawg

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Nope

bhb

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

We lease a lot of cars but the lease rates were horrendous on the bronco when we got ours.

lapazleo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Right now I'm not even sure you can even lease a Bronco but personally I find leasing to be a bad idea unless it's for a business where there's some tax purpose involved. Also the Bronco is a vehicle that will be personalized and modified and used as a recreational vehicle which would not be lease friendly.

Area51Ma

Outer Banks
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac srx4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Tax purposes yes for business
Personal not soo much,and had a friend look in to it ...the money "factor" on these is totally ridiculous...not a great deal.to be had on leases

Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don’t know what it is like now… but back in September it didn’t make sense to lease at all. Rates/residuals weren’t there, and the Bronco is expected to hold onto its value fairly well.

The only reason I would consider leasing is if I literally could not meet the payment on a loan. And if that’s the case… then I should probably strongly reconsider purchasing the Bronco cause sounds like my financial situation needs some help.

OP
OP
John Auer

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I don’t know what it is like now… but back in September it didn’t make sense to lease at all. Rates/residuals weren’t there, and the Bronco is expected to hold onto its value fairly well.

The only reason I would consider leasing is if I literally could not meet the payment on a loan. And if that’s the case… then I should probably strongly reconsider purchasing the Bronco cause sounds like my financial situation needs some help.
I’m only considering leasing again because of the ease of disposal at the end of the lease. Also, the lease end value puts the risk on the bank. If the LEV is lower than the the market, I can flip it. If the opposite is true, I turn it in and walk away. What I don’t like are the additional fees banks are adding, ie. acquisition and disposal charges. I’m leaning towards buying.

Mud Dawg

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
I get the supposed upsides to leasing (ease of disposal, etc.), but when you analyze it terms of deployment of purchasing horsepower, its almost always the most expensive way to go. Not to mention the fact that, as RagnarKon is alluding to above, its about the most effective way out there to obfuscate the issue of actual "affordability" of a car (which, in my opinion, is all you should be worried about)...

bhb

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m only considering leasing again because of the ease of disposal at the end of the lease. Also, the lease end value puts the risk on the bank. If the LEV is lower than the the market, I can flip it. If the opposite is true, I turn it in and walk away. What I don’t like are the additional fees banks are adding, ie. acquisition and disposal charges. I’m leaning towards buying.
All generally true, however a low apr loan with gap insurance accomplishes the same thing. Revaluate at 3yrs into the purchase (vehicle value vs. market), flip or keep going. Its highly unlikely the bronco will depreciate that much in 3 years.

MichiganMichael

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 F150 Lariat FX4 Sport, '22 Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I fully intend to lease, for several reasons. I have A Plan, plus the "Price Protection", taking nearly 9k off the top. With my down payment, there is still a $300-400 difference between purchase and lease. I'm also not fully sure I will enjoy the Bronco enough to buy it/keep it. So the ability to walk away at the end if we do head into a recession next year with it's long term consequences is nice.

Main driver though, is being able to walk away if need to at the end. Economic indicators are not the greatest, and I don't have faith it will hold it's resale value like it "should" or has, so far.

Sponsored

bhb

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I fully intend to lease, for several reasons. I have A Plan, plus the "Price Protection", taking nearly 9k off the top. With my down payment, there is still a $300-400 difference between purchase and lease. I'm also not fully sure I will enjoy the Bronco enough to buy it/keep it. So the ability to walk away at the end if we do head into a recession next year with it's long term consequences is nice.

Main driver though, is being able to walk away if need to at the end. Economic indicators are not the greatest, and I don't have faith it will hold it's resale value like it "should" or has, so far.
Whats the current RV?

MichiganMichael

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 F150 Lariat FX4 Sport, '22 Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Whats the current RV?
Based on 2023 values, the WT will have about a $45k RV at the end of 2 years. Which if it's higher, I will flip it myself. If I like it, I will keep it and purchase at that point. If it's lower, I can walk away. I'll be paying $15k over 2 years for the lease.

But, outside of this community, I look at the housing indicators, the layoffs happening in Tech, the inflation rates and the stock market responses, consumer spending, etc, and I believe we are headed to a recession next year. Depending on the severity, it doesn't matter what this community feels the value of a 2 YO Bronco is, it's what the market can bear.

If I didn't have the A plan and price protection, I wouldn't have even considered a Bronco.
Sponsored