Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm all about buying American made for the quality and pride of work. I'm a union sheet metal worker, I get your point and would agree if it was made here. But I get up every morning put on my boots and work hard to earn my money. Sitting back and riding someone's coattails with a huge markup doesn't sit well with me. Nothing to be proud of there. I'm going to go with the best deal I can find ($36) and I will have more money in my pocket to spend on something else actually made in the US.
Yeah, understand. They are there to answer the phone, handle warranty and install questions, etc. Some don’t mind paying for service or being able to pick up a phone and talk to someone. That’s not going to happen on Amazon.

Beach Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I would be interested in bed rail caps too!!! How can we get someone in the aftermarket world to produce something nice?

OP
OP
Dusty

Dusty

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I would be interested in bed rail caps too!!! How can we get someone in the aftermarket world to produce something nice?
First company that comes out with an actual bed rail cap, designed to function and look its best when the top is off (and only be installed while it's off), will get my money. Not just a thin skin that retains the uneven surface of the factory sheet metal like the ones recently posted. Something like this:

Ford Bronco Anyone make Plastic Bed Rail Caps? 0445f72939bb9197e8d8ae167a98b3ff

Ford Bronco Anyone make Plastic Bed Rail Caps? 7a5382dddaf83731a00ab5d3a87f97be

Someone like DeeZee or Bushwacker would be the perfect folks to make them, or any company that already makes bed rail caps or other plastic exterior accessories for pickup trucks.

Sponsored

Beach Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Odd there doesn't seem to be much interest in a product like this? Seems valuable as a Bronco owner... and something that could be produced relatively easily.

BroncoBenster

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks like they were first to market and rubber is smarter than hard plastic 😀. Surprised as popular as IAG has been that many haven’t seen these.
I just installed and these seem to fit and look great. Per IAG, protector intended to be used with soft top, but "compatible" with hard top with a minor alteration. I had to drill/cut a hole in each rubber protector for one of the hardtop position pins. Have not reinstalled top, so fingers crossed it fits. Also hoping protector adds a mm or two, to alleviate tailgate lip from clipping lower flip up window when closing tailgate....

BHD2012

Badlands
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Subaru Outback, 2012 Hyundai Sonata
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

IAG told me a 2-door rail cap is in the works with ETA later this year.

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Interesting... They made it to Amazon. May need to check them out... I was planning on doing a black PPF along the rail this spring.
I was planning clear PPF for this area, especially if I end up with the tonneau cover.

BHD2012

Badlands
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Subaru Outback, 2012 Hyundai Sonata
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Belmartian

Outer Banks
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 JKU Wrangler Rhino Soft Top
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford Bronco Anyone make Plastic Bed Rail Caps? 1697640707565

I'm pretty sure this is what you're referring to, just for the 2-door. Looks like the blanks were made for the 4 door and are being sold by a few brands. Ask IAG when the 2 door is coming out. Won't be too long. What I'm looking for is what I saw on a few Wranglers a while ago which was basically the same thing but made from wood with a beautiful finish.

https://www.amazon.com/IAG-I-Line-Protector-Armor-Bronco/dp/B0BT23ZQZW/?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_w=61qEi&content-id=amzn1.sym.5f7e0a27-49c0-47d3-80b2-fd9271d863ca:amzn1.symc.e5c80209-769f-4ade-a325-2eaec14b8e0e&pf_rd_p=5f7e0a27-49c0-47d3-80b2-fd9271d863ca&pf_rd_r=5VCQ3CH6PKJ1ZCDG71W8&pd_rd_wg=Lexpm&pd_rd_r=0586b059-2463-49cd-9100-b7f3b79b0f94&ref_=pd_gw_ci_mcx_mr_hp_atf_m

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dusty

Dusty

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm pretty sure this is what you're referring to, just for the 2-door. Looks like the blanks were made for the 4 door and are being sold by a few brands. Ask IAG when the 2 door is coming out. Won't be too long. What I'm looking for is what I saw on a few Wranglers a while ago which was basically the same thing but made from wood with a beautiful finish.
Those were already suggested in this post a while back, and as I said then, they're not what I'm referring to or interested in.
Sponsored