Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2 Door Badlands Sasquatch Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anyone else had one side of their rail lifted considerably? I remember reading on one of these threads about a similar issue, but don’t remember their solution. My right side is lifted about a quarter inch… I could shim it, but it would be obvious that it isn’t level across the dash.

unrelated, but what is the longer silver 1/4 inch bolt with the nut that came in the package?
For anyone who ends up having a similar issue, I ended up shimming a single width of printer paper barely 1/4”x1/4” just under the AR logo opposite the side the was raised on my rail. Completely leveled it out. On my rail, specifically the center piece that mounts to the threaded hole, there was a very, very slightly raised paint spot that you could just feel with your nail, but enough to throw the foot up past the point where the 3m would hold. Easy fix, but something to look out for if you’re having the same problem.
Sponsored

cerberos213

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2 Door Badlands Sasquatch Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the same issue with mine; neither side actually reaches the dash. I'm guessing that's what the 3M is for? The days are cold here lately, I'm waiting for it to warm up a bit before I try sticking them onto the dash. @EIGHTLUG any insight into this? Also, I received button head hardware as opposed to the flat head tapered screws mentioned in the OP...
Mine was one side was way up and the other solidly planted. After “leveling “ they were each up about a 1/16 which was fine for the 3m on mine.
see my last post about the paper shim.

OP
OP
EIGHTLUG

EIGHTLUG

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G2 Raptor, GT350, Land Rover SERIES and DEFENDER
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
In the hardware pack, you should have received a plastic washer. The washer is only needed if the feet don't sit flat to the dash. Being Ford, there is a lot of tolerance stacking on the dash, so there can be some variance on how the feel will mate with the dash. The ideal fit is the feet touch the dash before the center touched the plastic mount at the center of your dash. As you tighten the center screw, that preloads the feet and allows the 3M VHB to adhere better.

If you received button head screws, you can email us and we'll ship you out the tapered head screws. There was a batch that went out with the OG BAM hardware, not the MKII hardware.

[email protected]

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI VW EOS GMC Envoy Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In the hardware pack, you should have received a plastic washer. The washer is only needed if the feet don't sit flat to the dash. Being Ford, there is a lot of tolerance stacking on the dash, so there can be some variance on how the feel will mate with the dash. The ideal fit is the feet touch the dash before the center touched the plastic mount at the center of your dash. As you tighten the center screw, that preloads the feet and allows the 3M VHB to adhere better.

If you received button head screws, you can email us and we'll ship you out the tapered head screws. There was a batch that went out with the OG BAM hardware, not the MKII hardware.

[email protected]
thanks for the update on the hardware - will send an email

Sponsored

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

[email protected]
Hi,
I finally got my Bronco from the body shop…
So the feet do not firmly touch the dash, where do I install the flat washer, under the centre mount?

OP
OP
EIGHTLUG

EIGHTLUG

First Edition
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hi,
I finally got my Bronco from the body shop…
So the feet do not firmly touch the dash, where do I install the flat washer, under the centre mount?
Shoot over a pic of the feet on the dashboard, please.

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Shoot over a pic of the feet on the dashboard, please.
Hi,
I installed it before I read your reply, using the washer. I assumed that I put the washer on the centre mount to exaggerate the ”bow” in the rail, helping the seating for the side mounts. It worked pretty good, but I’m having a heck of a time getting the right side to stick. I cleaned the recess with alcohol before mounting, but no dice. I’m really worried that this rail will not allow for the use of my iPad, any suggestions? (This is replacing my 67DESIGNS BroncoRail, which kept unclipping on the right side from the rail mount)

OP
OP
EIGHTLUG

EIGHTLUG

First Edition
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hi,
I installed it before I read your reply, using the washer. I assumed that I put the washer on the centre mount to exaggerate the ”bow” in the rail, helping the seating for the side mounts. It worked pretty good, but I’m having a heck of a time getting the right side to stick. I cleaned the recess with alcohol before mounting, but no dice. I’m really worried that this rail will not allow for the use of my iPad, any suggestions? (This is replacing my 67DESIGNS BroncoRail, which kept unclipping on the right side from the rail mount)
Can you send me a PM of your install and accessories. Thanks!

Sponsored

SgroiRoy

Badlands
First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco & 2006 Ranger Sport Supercab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I placed my order for this back on October 13, 2023 (Order# 8628)

Has anyone ordered theirs around that date and/or order# taken delivery yet?!
Sponsored