Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can the entire base color of the shift Knob be custom color ordered or just the letter/number fill?
Did you see post #318 on page 22? Something like that?
Sponsored

CalvinT

Badlands
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Subaru WRX Wagon, 2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've started paying more attention to how I use the reverse lockout. Sometimes I spread my index and middle on either side of it then pull up. Other times I keep them together when pulling up on the lockout.

The Gear Jammer lockout is a tab instead of a ring. So it can only be used one way, with fingers together.

Other than the durability issue mentioned early on, I prefer the Ford design over the Archetype design.

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've started paying more attention to how I use the reverse lockout. Sometimes I spread my index and middle on either side of it then pull up. Other times I keep them together when pulling up on the lockout.

The Gear Jammer lockout is a tab instead of a ring. So it can only be used one way, with fingers together.

Other than the durability issue mentioned early on, I prefer the Ford design over the Archetype design.
What's awesome about this shifter knob is that you don't need to utilize AR's gear jammer lockout mechanism and can opt to just buy the knob if that suits your needs better.

HighVelocity

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Scrambler, Ferrari 458
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I use it between my middle and ring fingers. The AR lockout won't work for me either, which is unfortunate because it does look like a better part. If they design a replacement for the OE plastic piece, especially in blue to match my new shift knob, I'd get one of those.

CalvinT

Badlands
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What's awesome about this shifter knob is that you don't need to utilize AR's gear jammer lockout mechanism and can opt to just buy the knob if that suits your needs better.
I'm happy with the stock knob. I think a more reliable lockout mechanism is the best reason to get the AR knob. It's probably the only reason I'd get the AR knob.

Sponsored

CalvinT

Badlands
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Personal preference is an option for a normal round billet lockout. Not digging this asymmetric lift-collar design with the large forward facing tab.
I completely agree.

CalvinT

Badlands
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Non-issue. The shifter assembly is not a direct input into the the transmission, like on an old Top Loader. The shifter assembly is that big bulky plastic thing you see in my previous pictures. It's just the shift arm and linkages connecting it to the trans.
I agree it's a non-issue, but not for the reason you give.

Resting your hand on the shifter could cause accelerated wear on the shifting forks in the transmission. We had a 65 VW when I was in high school. The manual warned against resting your hand on the shifter for just that reason. And VWs never had a top loader. :)

The springs in the shifter mechanism will keep the shifter centered. That will prevent premature shifter fork wear.

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
I plan on getting the lock out. Id reserve judgment until after i can compare.

davidforlife

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BadManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’d be surprised if you could only use the lockout one way with the tab. I actually think @EIGHTLUG said you could engage it a few different ways earlier on in the thread.

Ogre

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BD 2dr 7MT CG, '18 Indian Chieftain
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If you look at the lockout mechanism there's clearly a deep groove all the way around just under the protruding tab. In other words it's the same shape as OEM with the tab added on the front. You'll be able to shift just like you do with OEM. The tab is a different look but personally I like the style.

Sponsored

HighVelocity

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Scrambler, Ferrari 458
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you look at the lockout mechanism there's clearly a deep groove all the way around just under the protruding tab. In other words it's the same shape as OEM with the tab added on the front. You'll be able to shift just like you do with OEM. The tab is a different look but personally I like the style.
The tab would get in the way of how I grasp the lockout, at around the 1:30-2:00 position. I'd just prefer it not bet there at all, I don't see it having a distinct advantage, but that's just for me. I'm sure others might like it just fine.

CalvinT

Badlands
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd like for someone who's bought one to put in their two bits.

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd like for someone who's bought one to put in their two bits.
Oh I bought one, but they haven't started shipping yet so you'll have to wait on that review.

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI VW EOS GMC Envoy Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh I bought one, but they haven't started shipping yet so you'll have to wait on that review.
it's AR so we will be here waiting!!!

Sponsored