First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G2 Raptor, GT350, Land Rover SERIES and DEFENDER
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
In other news. Now that the Drop Bracket is designed and ready to mill, we’re back to reviewing the data for the STIRRUP GRIP.

The shape of the rail would make the clamp on bracket a lot less trail worthy. To take you back, when the original bolt on bracket was designed, it was fully intended that you would be able to use a Hi-Lift jack on your STIRRUP. That’s why there are three brackets per STIRRUP and 6 bolts, where 2 brackets and 4 bolts would easily suffice for any type of human load carrying rating.

That kind of robustness may or may not be achieved. I’ll let you know in about a day or so.

Once all shapes and fashions of STIRRUP brackets are complete, next up will be the AR | REIGNS and I can’t wait to get this one started. May start the thread today. 🤔
Sponsored

Last edited:

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

In other news. Now that the Drop Bracket is designed and ready to mill, we’re back to reviewing the data for the STIRRUP GRIP.

The shape of the rail would make the clamp on bracket a lot less trail worthy. To take you back, when the original bolt on bracket was designed, it was fully intended that you would be able to use a Hi-Lift jack on your STIRRUP. That’s why there are three brackets per STIRRUP and 6 bolts, where 2 brackets and 4 bolts would easily suffice for any type of human load carrying rating.

That kind of robustness may or may not be achieved. I’ll let you know in about a day or so.

Once all shapes and fashions of STIRRUP brackets are complete, next up will be the AR | REIGNS and I can’t wait to get this one started. May start the thread today. 🤔
Just to clarify; all types of the STIRRUP will require drilling and bolting on? Can you tell us on the drilling; is it done from the underneath/back side of the rock rail or can it be done facing the vehicle (from the outer side)....not as flexible as I use to be. Thanks!!!

OP
OP
EIGHTLUG

EIGHTLUG

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Just to clarify; all types of the STIRRUP will require drilling and bolting on? Can you tell us on the drilling; is it done from the underneath/back side of the rock rail or can it be done facing the vehicle (from the outer side)....not as flexible as I use to be. Thanks!!!
The bolt on brackets are will have holes drilled on the top and side faces of the rail. It's easy access. The clamp on bracket will most likely be a locking bolt at the top of the bracket. More to come on that.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The bolt on brackets are will have holes drilled on the top and side faces of the rail. It's easy access. The clamp on bracket will most likely be a locking bolt at the top of the bracket. More to come on that.
So there will be a clamp on bracket....great...thanks! Waiting to order...

DubC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2016 F150, 2022 Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Didn't realize you were working on a clamp-on bracket as well. If we already pre-ordered, will we still have the option to select which type of bracket we want?

Sponsored
OP
OP
EIGHTLUG

EIGHTLUG

First Edition
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Didn't realize you were working on a clamp-on bracket as well. If we already pre-ordered, will we still have the option to select which type of bracket we want?
Absolutely!

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Absolutely!
Awsome you guys are making a clamp on bracket how do I get the clamp on bracket I’d rather have that instead drill holes I already placed my order as soon as you guys announced though

OP
OP
EIGHTLUG

EIGHTLUG

First Edition
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
And just like that, the STIRRUP GRIP clamp on bracket has been designed. You definitely lose A LOT of the robustness that you get from the six bolts directly into the steel rail, but for those that are purely looking for the simple utilitarian use of a 'step' to get into their Bronco, have at it!

The AR | STIRRUP is specifically designed for the Bronco and carries with it a lot of the design that you see throughout the vehicle and it looks like it could have come from the factory with it installed.

I'm rapid prototyping the STIRRUP GRIP this evening for fit check. The hardware in the render will be revised. I want a fastener that's more low profile. That way, if life takes you on an unforeseen adventure, and you need to cross a fallen tree or rocks in your path and need to use your slider as a slider, the hardware wont get wiped off the bottom of your bracket.

Let me know what you think. If you want to revise your current order of the STIRRUP to the STIRRUP GRIP, just email [email protected] with your order number. We'll make the change at no added cost.

A 2" Ummmm Drop version of the STIRRUP GRIP will also be available. It will mount EXACTLY like the standard clamp on bracket but will have the STIRRUP mount position 2" lower.

So many options.....:cool:

You're welcome. :)
Ford Bronco AR | STIRRUP®  OEM Rail Fitment, Billet Aluminum Side Step - Brongo6G Exclusive Part 16 - Bronco - Stirrup Clamp.JPG

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

And just like that, the STIRRUP GRIP clamp on bracket has been designed. You definitely lose A LOT of the robustness that you get from the six bolts directly into the steel rail, but for those that are purely looking for the simple utilitarian use of a 'step' to get into their Bronco, have at it!

The AR | STIRRUP is specifically designed for the Bronco and carries with it a lot of the design that you see throughout the vehicle and it looks like it could have come from the factory with it installed.

I'm rapid prototyping the STIRRUP GRIP this evening for fit check. The hardware in the render will be revised. I want a fastener that's more low profile. That way, if life takes you on an unforeseen adventure, and you need to cross a fallen tree or rocks in your path and need to use your slider as a slider, the hardware wont get wiped off the bottom of your bracket.

Let me know what you think. If you want to revise your current order of the STIRRUP to the STIRRUP GRIP, just email [email protected] with your order number. We'll make the change at no added cost.

A 2" Ummmm Drop version of the STIRRUP GRIP will also be available. It will mount EXACTLY like the standard clamp on bracket but will have the STIRRUP mount position 2" lower.

Ford Bronco AR | STIRRUP®  OEM Rail Fitment, Billet Aluminum Side Step - Brongo6G Exclusive Part 16 - Bronco - Stirrup Clamp.JPG
In your opinion what is the best stirrup set to buy if it was your bronco

Sponsored
OP
OP
EIGHTLUG

EIGHTLUG

First Edition
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There’s only one STIRRUP. And mine would be bolted on. 😉
That’s what I figured so I will leave my order as is thank you for your help and the great quality you are putting into all your projects. Great to see business thriving that are in the USA

DubC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2016 F150, 2022 Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are the bolt-on brackets interchangeable with the GRIP brackets if we decide later we need the bolt-on?

OP
OP
EIGHTLUG

EIGHTLUG

First Edition
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Are the bolt-on brackets interchangeable with the GRIP brackets if we decide later we need the bolt-on?
Yes. The STIRRUPS will mount to any of the brackets.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yes. The STIRRUPS will mount to any of the brackets.
I kind of like that idea…clamp them - find the sweet spot, gauge if you need lower or not and then pull the trigger on drilling. Shit, this is getting expensive. Haha.

Real life photos will help.
Sponsored