Sponsored

Are HVAC Control buttons removable/replaceable?

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Anyone have experience popping off any of the HVAC control buttons for replacement? I’m sure this style of button has been used for years - I know they are common across F-Series, Ranger, etc.

F-150 HVAC Controls are $90 shipped vs $400+ for the Bronco version. I’m trying to get my rear defrost working since I was pre-prep kit soft top from factory. That’s the only visible difference. It’s minimal and I can live with it….but that little bronco is just so cute. Haha.

It seems like it should just pop straight out - but, I don’t want to break it if it’s more difficult than that. The top section separated easily - but, the bottom wouldn’t give. I saw something for another make that stuck a small screw driver under and there is a clip that needs to be pressed to release. Any input is appreciated.

Ford Bronco Are HVAC Control buttons removable/replaceable? IMG_5218
Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ya, a $310 Bronco tax is ridiculous.

I was very pleased to find out that the ACM for the Bronco and F-150 were pin compatible. This meant that I could move my plug and play kits harness directly over to the F-150 to the Bronco, or from the F-150 back to the Bronco. It's nice not having to pay twice.