First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2022 Wildtrack Lux w/ Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Are these required on a soft top other than to open it for a latch point? Are they required for a fully closed or open top? They are on backorder right now and trying to figure out if I could install my top for the summer without them installed.

Thanks for any help.
Ford Bronco Are these required to run a soft top? 1643574421640
Sponsored

SS Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco , F600, F5, LJ20
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would say they are required. When mine don’t latch on the top it sound as if the window is down. Also the top wouldn’t hold in the half position.

OP
OP
atlawson

atlawson

Wildtrak
First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I would say they are required. When mine don’t latch on the top it sound as if the window is down. Also the top wouldn’t hold in the half position.
Ok thanks I didn't know if the served any function other than when the top was in the half position.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The middle of the softtop where it hinges is attached to the vehicle and if not latched ( or as I have recently discovered an yet to adjust) can be not completely tight even when latched.

In theory you could run the top without it being attached there but it will lift due to aerodynamics causing excess stress on your front attachment points.

I doubt those parts are used with a hard top and maybe someone that sold their softtop no longer needs them and will part with same. If you purchased your top from an existing vehicle the seller should have included those parts

OP
OP
atlawson

atlawson

Wildtrak
First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The middle of the softtop where it hinges is attached to the vehicle and if not latched ( or as I have recently discovered an yet to adjust) can be not completely tight even when latched.

In theory you could run the top without it being attached there but it will lift due to aerodynamics causing excess stress on your front attachment points.

I doubt those parts are used with a hard top and maybe someone that sold their softtop no longer needs them and will part with same. If you purchased your top from an existing vehicle the seller should have included those parts
The seller didn't include the additional parts and I have reached out to him and he has yet to give me an answer on shipping them to me.

Wannabe Techie

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Don't know if it will work, but mabye Bestop has a similiar part to their soft tops that would work?
Sponsored