pimpjuice

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have a hardtop build but bought a factory soft top. Upon installation, I noticed two things missing
1. The bracket that connects the 3 bolts of the soft top to the frame
2. The plastic cover for said bolts

Does anyone have these for sale or know the parts number?
Sponsored

Bronco1833

First Edition
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Followingā€¦ find out anything? I did the same. Tried to install a factory soft top on my FE and didnā€™t have area for the main bolts.

OP
OP

pimpjuice

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Nothing yet. Dealership is still trying to find the parts number. I'll let you know if I find out anything

BroncoDymond88

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Wow it is your lucky day!

Just went through this myself and spent tons of time looking over the spec sheets with my dealer. The black brackets that the soft top bolt onto are M2DZ-7829452-A .

The trim covers are:
Right Side: M2DZ-7831288-BA
Left Side: M2DZ-7831289-BA
Also, if you need bolts for the soft top & bracket: W707288-S442

Did yours have the brackets above the read seats? Mine didn't. The only parts I'm missing at this point are the plastic trim on both sides that the windows clip into. They've been on backorder for weeks.

OP
OP

pimpjuice

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Just went through this myself and spent tons of time looking over the spec sheets with my dealer. The black brackets that the soft top bolt onto are M2DZ-7829452-A .

The trim covers are:

Did yours have the brackets above the read seats? Mine didn't. The only parts I'm missing at this point are the plastic trim on both sides that the windows clip into. They've been on backorder for weeks.
I can't thank you enough for this! I'm sure others will find this information helpful as well!

Sponsored

OBX2021

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is incredibly helpful as I am trying to do the same conversion. My dealer told me it would be "thousands" in additional parts šŸ˜‚. It looks like it's 4 parts total and under $500 (not including the top) if I am reading it correctly? How many bolts are needed?

OP
OP

pimpjuice

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The brackets and covers came to like $170 without the bolts (I had extra).
You need a total of 10 bolts for the back and 4 for the center latch bracket (on top of the pillars).

2 bolts on each side of the bronco will hold the rear bracket to the frame, then 3 bolts will go on the other side (2 to the bracket and one directly to the frame).

All can be the same ones you used for the hard top. I forget how many (4 or 5 total) will need a washer.

Sorry I should have taken pictures during the process

OP
OP

pimpjuice

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The parts department at Gary Yeomans Ford Villages is AMAZING! When he couldn't find the part number, he browsed this site, found the part and ordered it for me. I went in to show him someone replied with the part number and he already had the parts waiting for me!
Top notch service! I highly recommend giving them a call

OBX2021

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The parts department at Gary Yeomans Ford Villages is AMAZING! When he couldn't find the part number, he browsed this site, found the part and ordered it for me. I went in to show him someone replied with the part number and he already had the parts waiting for me!
Top notch service! I highly recommend giving them a call
I called Gary Yeomans Ford, thank you! I was told you (or someone else they had done this for) actually had a soft top from an existing bronco? This is important because Ford doesn't sell the complete soft top, you have to order it in parts. See picture that my dealer sent me. I guess I am going to need to try and buy and existing soft top from a Bronco owner??
Ford Bronco Hardtop to soft top bracket. Capture.JPG

OP
OP

pimpjuice

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I called Gary Yeomans Ford, thank you! I was told you (or someone else they had done this for) actually had a soft top from an existing bronco? This is important because Ford doesn't sell the complete soft top, you have to order it in parts. See picture that my dealer sent me. I guess I am going to need to try and buy and existing soft top from a Bronco owner??
Ford Bronco Hardtop to soft top bracket. Capture.JPG
Yeah I was able to find a guy on this site that sold me the soft top. There's a few people that had a factory soft top and bought a best top.
Search the market place on here and you may be able to find one in your area.
Make sure they include the latches in the rear and middle, and the bracket.

Sponsored

StyleGuy

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco FE, Jaguar F-Pace, GMC Denali XL
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The trim covers are:

Great info! Thanks!

Are the brackets the same for both driver and passenger sides? Same part number?

I may see if I can just trim my hardtop trim covers before I buy the soft top version.

BroncoDymond88

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Great info! Thanks!

Are the brackets the same for both driver and passenger sides? Same part number?

I may see if I can just trim my hardtop trim covers before I buy the soft top version.
The brackets on top are the same, they are labeled as L/H,R/H

RogueSqdn

First Edition
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Is there a full list of part numbers for everything youā€™d need, including the top? I want a factory soft top for my FE, just donā€™t really want to order a used one if I can avoid it.

OP
OP

pimpjuice

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Is there a full list of part numbers for everything youā€™d need, including the top? I want a factory soft top for my FE, just donā€™t really want to order a used one if I can avoid it.
Used are typically rarely used because people remove them immediately. The price plus shipping maybe up there for new.

Reactions: BMP

RogueSqdn

First Edition
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Used are typically rarely used because people remove them immediately. The price plus shipping maybe up there for new.
Oh, I realize most are used for now. My concern would be mainly whether Iā€™d get all the parts necessary to attach it, and of course that the top would be in good condition.
Sponsored