Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hey everyone!

I've had my Bronco for about a year and a half. 4 Door Hardtop Outerbanks, couldn't be happier. Looking for opinions on switching from hardtop to softop (and vice versa) as the seasons change. I live in MA, so would want the hardtop on during the winter, but I'm down the cape every weekend in the warmer seasons and would love to have a soft top so I can easily enjoy the summer air!
Would love feedback on how easy and practical this would be.

Ideally, @Bestop_Team would have a squareback soft stop that retracts all the way back available so that I can bring this idea to life! Maybe in the works??Personally, not a huge fan of the OEM top, or the Trektop. Just playing the waiting game for now...

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What you might consider is the power retractable softtop from (name eludes me for now) or Ford's oem softtop.

Switching seasonally should not be a problem no matter which way you go

Personally I have learned to live with Ford softtop all seasons. Only time snow enters cabin is in 40 mph crosswind in an actual blizzard

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The OEM top is not bad, the 23 top. Its worth looking at that one in the market. They sale for 1200~1500 most times. Need to make sure all the equipment in the sale.

Sponsored
OP
OP

tfishmandesign

Outer Banks
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The OEM top is not bad, the 23 top. Its worth looking at that one in the market. They sale for 1200~1500 most times. Need to make sure all the equipment in the sale.
Did Ford make improvements on the 23 soft top? I read somewhere that they did, but not sure if thats true.

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They did, though I have not been able to secure one yet The deals I had fell through. But from what I understand, they made a rain channel to stop the water from dripping in when you open the doors, they relayered the top to make it thicker and help cut noise, and I hear fewer waveable windows.

OP
OP

tfishmandesign

Outer Banks
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
They did, though I have not been able to secure one yet The deals I had fell through. But from what I understand, they made a rain channel to stop the water from dripping in when you open the doors, they relayered the top to make it thicker and help cut noise, and I hear fewer waveable windows.
Oh awesome! Thanks for that information

jon

Base
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Rubicon, 1989 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I would not recognize the Bronco with out the saggy diapers rear windows!

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Besttop has licensing restrictions, so don't expect much different.

I LOVE the soft top and am so sad at all the hard tops I see that are always on. They're missing out. I'm in Chicago area, and winter isn't a problem, tho' I don't park outside....

Sponsored

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When you open a door on any car rain gets in.

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a 22 soft top. Love it. Only loud over 72.4 mph. Doesn’t leak or squeak. Don’t understand the problem with rain coming in when you open the door. It’s getting wet regardless. That strip the sewed in on the 23 may help with some water if you just want to crack a window. I wouldn’t mind both tops. I like the soft top function and black color. An aftermarket 1 piece hard top would be nice as there are times I might want a white top. Definitely not the MIC grey or 3 pieces.

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When you open a door on any car rain gets in.
Understood, but with the 21~22 soft top, when you open the windows, A LOT OF WATER just rolls right into the opening. The door is not as bad, but honestly, it's the window. The 23 tops have a built-in rain channel now that prevents this from happening.

The aftermarket tried to create similar options, but it has failed horribly. The 23 solves this by adding it higher on the top and going the length of the top itself.

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Understood, but with the 21~22 soft top, when you open the windows, A LOT OF WATER just rolls right into the opening. The door is not as bad, but honestly, it's the window. The 23 tops have a built-in rain channel now that prevents this from happening.

The aftermarket tried to create similar options, but it has failed horribly. The 23 solves this by adding it higher on the top and going the length of the top itself.
I suppose the 23 might help something. I live in central FL. So heavy rains are normal and can’t say I have anything happening out of the ordinary.

UGA Dawg

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wildtrack
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I've got one that came with my '23 I just picked up in May. Have not used it and will let it go for $1500. I live in the Seattle area.

Ford Bronco Hardtop -> Soft Top Opinions Soft to
Sponsored