Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco, ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve seen some great options for hard too hoists but nothing for soft top. I even looked for the Jeep and didn’t see anything purpose built for the soft top.

Removing the soft top on theBronco is definitely a 2 person operation making a hoist system very useful.

Has anyone seen anything for this or made anything themselves?
Sponsored

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I plan on looking at this in the next couple of weeks, as I am contemplating removing the top altogether, but hear horror stories of weight, scratching paint, frustration with trying to get it back on.

I am thinking something like what I have to lift truck beds off with my gantry crane in the shop.
It is an H-shaped bar with extendable ends of the "H" part, and a lifting point in the center. Maybe even the same apparatus if it fits in there and works well by finding the right center of gravity and ability to remove without beating anything up.

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Are you removing it and leaving it off? I wouldn't remotely bother taking it off multiple times.

OP
OP
jalawson

jalawson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco, ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I plan on looking at this in the next couple of weeks, as I am contemplating removing the top altogether, but hear horror stories of weight, scratching paint, frustration with trying to get it back on.

I am thinking something like what I have to lift truck beds off with my gantry crane in the shop.
It is an H-shaped bar with extendable ends of the "H" part, and a lifting point in the center. Maybe even the same apparatus if it fits in there and works well by finding the right center of gravity and ability to remove without beating anything up.
I’ve done it once so far. Had to have the neighbor because my average sized wife who works out was too short and weak to help. Lifting over the spare tire and tailgate was a little awkward and difficult even for me.

OP
OP
jalawson

jalawson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco, ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are you removing it and leaving it off? I wouldn't remotely bother taking it off multiple times.
Planning on having it off all summer with the exception of trips so putting it on and off probably 4-5 times a year. But I wasn’t able to do it with my just wife as help so I need to figure something out.

Sponsored

Essmith94

Badlands
First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Could you use the same solution for the Hardtop? I am going to eventually have both and would be good if a Hardtop Hoist could work for the soft top as well.

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Planning on having it off all summer with the exception of trips so putting it on and off probably 4-5 times a year. But I wasn’t able to do it with my just wife as help so I need to figure something out.
To each their own. That was my original plan with the hard top but I couldn't fathom the heat here in Ohio. Can't imagines summers in Texas are going to be comfortable in that at all.

Oneand0

Badlands
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m definitely watching this thread. I want to leave my top off all summer too, but I don’t have a garage. Maybe one of those portable carports that will probably blow away is in order?

I took the top off once last year with my uncle, who’s 71 and my 6’ height. We also had a cumbersome time removing it and scratched the post. He didn’t have the strength to help me get it back on. I’ve seen the rolling huge shopping cart hoists for the hard tops, but someone with great engineering skills could develop one like that, that would lift up the back and side arms of the soft top at the same time, leveling out the weight while going up, would make an absolute KILLING by selling it to all the soft top Broncos out there!

I would buy it in a heartbeat! 😀

Trilifter7

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150, 2022 Badlands 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hoisted my soft top last night with 4 straps 10’ long. I hooked the front straps in the slot where the alignment pen would go. I hooked each back strap to the corner molded piece. Worked pretty good and was easily able to get it up. I don’t have a bronco yet to see how it is putting it on or off of it but from the ground it was simple and quick. I wrapped it in a sheet to keep the dust off for now until my bronco arrives and I can switch from the hard top to the soft
Ford Bronco Soft Top Hoist F0BBFA39-AF23-4D5D-9EAF-7506C8EB260E

Ford Bronco Soft Top Hoist 261F9DD1-9D33-4813-A90E-17485153442E

Ford Bronco Soft Top Hoist 59E87B2C-AE3E-49C7-8A6B-386A8B734113

Kekov721

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can it be done? Yes. Honestly I dont think I will do it again without another person. The soft top is very tight to the roll bars coming off and its hard to manage solo. If i do this again Im definitely going to have to ppf the roll bars. My recommendation- grab a friend or someone who can at least help guide it off.
Ford Bronco Soft Top Hoist 94E6C057-C99C-432B-A200-4DE0D67E14B8

Sponsored

Essmith94

Badlands
First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can it be done? Yes. Honestly I dont think I will do it again without another person. The soft top is very tight to the roll bars coming off and its hard to manage solo. If i do this again Im definitely going to have to ppf the roll bars. My recommendation- grab a friend or someone who can at least help guide it off.
Where did you get your hoist?

Kekov721

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve done it once so far. Had to have the neighbor because my average sized wife who works out was too short and weak to help. Lifting over the spare tire and tailgate was a little awkward and difficult even for me.
I haven't gotten my ordered Bronco yet, but on a wrangler, you open the back gate so you don't need to lift it over the tire. I'm on the taller side, so I'm sure that helps, but It's not difficult on a wrangler. I expect it to be similar on the Bronco. Time for me to watch some videos!

DubC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2016 F150, 2022 Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are you using the included slings or did you buy extra?

Kekov721

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are you using the included slings or did you buy extra?
No I used extra tension straps I had lying around. The hoist comes with one Small sling and one long one- neither quite the right length.
Sponsored