Sponsored

Are We Missing a Cold Weather Specific Bronco Trim?

Would you have liked to see a Cold Weather Specific Bronco?

• Total voters

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
They just don’t think people are gonna buy manuals that’s all.
No Ford doesn't' want to Build/Sell manuals.

50% of Mustang GT sales are stick shift
35% of Wrangler sales are stick shift.

That's not some sort of super secret data.

Only reason MT sales are as low as they are on the Bronco is because people had to chose between the MT and the 2.7
Sponsored

93_SVT_3503

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150, 1967 Bronco U-14, 1993 Mustang Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It was already cold weather tested and approved by Santa.

Ford Bronco Are We Missing a Cold Weather Specific Bronco Trim? snta bronc

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
For only $77,896.00 you can go and buy yourself a Defender 90 2 door and get your "I'm crying about the steering wheel and lack of a cold pack". Of course it includes all the standard Bronco options. Some folks are just buying the wrong truck and maybe should look elsewhere. It's not a freakin' Lincoln or a Range Rover, it's a Bronco!
As far as the cold pack goes, Jeep offers it on the Wrangler - the broncos direct competitor. Ford should have offered it, no reason to stick it exclusively with packages not available on certain trims.

OP
OP
BigSkyBadlander

BigSkyBadlander

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Honda Element 2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, but the Bronco was not designed to be a luxury crossover or a Range Rover. I think the reason there are so many complaints is because people want something it is not and may never be. Like I said complainers should go shopping for a Yoda, Lincoln, Range Rover or some other mall crawler. Seriously I have never seen so many complaints about any vehicle that everybody says they want. It's not just heated steering wheels, it's tires, seats, engines, towing etc, etc, etc. Try being constructive and stop crying.
So, it comes with luxury options (one is called "Lux") and has all the bells and whistles except the good offroad system, and there is a trim designed for luxury... and you still think that?

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
For being a Detroit-based company, they don't seem to understand the cold.
Our local dealer was complaining because Ford sent them three Sports and none of them had heated seats -- a bit of a dealbreaker for most in Wisconsin. The Escape has them standard no less.

Sponsored

Exomodo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was thinking about this the other day….Should be called the “Yeti” Package or trim….Maybe a limited slip rear differential instead of lockers.Limited slip
Is much better for ice and snow 😁
Point of discussion, Broncos locking differentials are open until engaged. I've had much better luck in snow with "4x4s" with open diffs than with lockers which understeer and have other dynamic issues. A torque biasing differential like the Torsen, Quaiffe or Trutrac with a bit of pre-load, are the best of both worlds.

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It was -8* this morning with a high of 5* today. My Bronco was awesome and kept heat very well. Mark me down as a happy camper.

Mustang Mike

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My Black Diamond is purpose built for the Canadian winter! Even has a little mountain on the badge!

njAK84

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I feel like Ford may have dropped the ball on an opportunity to market a cold weather 4x4 to people who actually head to the mountains or live where it is cold and/or snows.

I was thinking a mid range package that has the basic 4x4 GOAT modes, vinyl flooring, heated mirrors, cloth seats (upgrade-able to vinyl only), seat warmers for all 4 seats, heated steering wheel, roof racks, block heater, (maybe some de-icers) fog lights and a minimal electronics package with the longer range remote start.

I think a lot of us cold weather people would have purchased something like this. We can't all afford the lux package and many of us don't like dealing with failing electronics or blocked up cameras due to cold temps and sticky snow. I think the skiers/snowboarders/sledders would have purchased this in a heartbeat.

Canada, Alaska, Dakota's, Montana, Wyoming, Utah, Lake States, and Colorado...what are your thoughts? Would you pay mid-high package prices for this?
Honestly, my OBX, SAS, LUX, 2.7 has been just fine. I’m taking it up to the Knik river glacier this weekend, so I'll be able to tell you how the current trim handles off-roading in cold weather.

OP
OP
BigSkyBadlander

BigSkyBadlander

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Honda Element 2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Honestly, my OBX, SAS, LUX, 2.7 has been just fine. I’m taking it up to the Knik river glacier this weekend, so I'll be able to tell you how the current trim handles off-roading in cold weather.
Sure. Do you have vinyl flooring?
Sponsored