Sponsored

Are y’all going to try to negotiate with the dealer at ordering?

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Despite supply and demand characteristics, there are dealerships all over charging anything between $1-2k under invoice to $5k+ over invoice, so shopping the deal around isn’t useless
No , I get that, and people should certainly shop around. It will just be interesting to see if people get both the good deal and get their Bronco when they expect it. I do sincerely hope it works out that way for everyone.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m seeing ‘crabs in a bucket’ mentality in a lot of the posts I read
I had to look that one up. All these years and I'm still learning things! (y)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crab_mentality

Impressive:

The impact of crab mentality on performance was quantified by a New Zealand study in 2015 which demonstrated up to an 18% average exam result improvement for students when their grades were reported in a way that prevented others from knowing their position in published rankings

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm 7/15/2020 and I haven't gotten a call from my dealer yet. Soon hopefully.
Depending on how it all plays out, you might just end up with a MY21. Best of luck!

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Darian, I've special ordered many new vehicle. It's just like walking in to buy a lot car, everything's on the table. You just don't get the car the day you walked in to buy. So, negotiate the best deal you can. If it's not close you can still move on to another dealer. I suggest keeping the "I can change dealers close to your vest". And for goodness sake don't move your reservation until you get pricing from the dealer you're thinking of changing too. You don't want to be locked into another bad deal. With a 07/15 reserve date you don't have a lot of time unless you ask the dealer to push you over to the 2022 model year. My guess is you're going to get a call from your now dealer really soon. Good luck.

BTW, search "California Buyers Group" here on the forum. I know there have been some trying to set up a deal with a dealer in Cali. I don't know if it has been accomplished though.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Axxlrod

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a few questions and concerns and was wondering if we could start a thread on how is everyone planning to sit down with the dealer: (sorry if this was covered somewhere else)
1. Is there any negotiation possible on pricing. I think not but I’m just checking.
2. Negotiations possible for extra warranty , personally I’ll go with 100k warranty.
3. Asking in writing for deposit to be refundable? U guys have an idea if this will work. If so what document would this be in.
4. I’m having second thoughts on Badlands model. The way I want it Wildtrack is cheaper. I reserved a Badlands. Are we allowed to order other trims without penalty?
5. Ordering other parts like; winch, tow hitch and roof racks separately because of weight issues. Should I order now or wait?
6. Is there any negotiations possible when u take ownership of the Bronco later this year? What paperwork are we supposed to get from the dealership when we place our orders.
7. I have heard a rumor that a dealer could offer you money for your Bronco when you take ownership of your vehicle and you possibly change your mind?
8. Is there any difference in the Bronco trim levels as far as Steel Frame, Brakes, Sasquatch suspension? I might go down in the trim: the 4dr Base with 2.7, 10 speed, SAS, and winch is far cheaper than the Badlands upgraded to the same level. I guess I don’t understand what is the difference besides exterior grill, lights, seat covers and such. I need to have money left for play time with the Bronco not buy the expensive model because it comes with a cool badge....

Thanks
I'll answer one of the questions for you...

All vehicle deposits are 100% refundable in CA per state law. Don't let a dealer tell you otherwise.

OP
OP
Djdmustang

Djdmustang

Badlands
First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Darian, I've special ordered many new vehicle. It's just like walking in to buy a lot car, everything's on the table. You just don't get the car the day you walked in to buy. So, negotiate the best deal you can. If it's not close you can still move on to another dealer. I suggest keeping the "I can change dealers close to your vest". And for goodness sake don't move your reservation until you get pricing from the dealer you're thinking of changing too. You don't want to be locked into another bad deal. With a 07/15 reserve date you don't have a lot of time unless you ask the dealer to push you over to the 2022 model year. My guess is you're going to get a call from your now dealer really soon. Good luck.

BTW, this may be for you.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/california-group-buy-volume-order.5994/
I appreciate the help Jim, its nice to see people that help each other. I have never ordered a first year vehicle in this manner, just walk ins to dealer that has vehicles in stock which usually are reasonably driven to make a deal. This is good information / prep for negotiation for a new release and thanks for the So Cal group link.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Curious @Wanted33 , why this advice? Changing dealers is the only leverage reservation holders have.
I don't threaten, or suggest things like this anymore. I've found it just put's the salesperson in a defensive mode, and they usually just dig their heels in then. I just say thank you, and move on now. And, I think with the popularity of the Bronco most all dealers already have a plan, and they are gonna stick very close to that plan.

Sponsored

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I don't threaten, or suggest things like this anymore. I've found it just put's the salesperson in a defensive mode, and they usually just dig their heels in then. I just say thank you, and move on now. And, I think with the popularity of the Bronco most all dealers already have a plan, and they are gonna stick very close to that plan.
I think you give the knowledge of the Dealers on the Bronco process a bit too much credit. When I was shopping my reservation around, I had a dealer tell me that we weren't allowed to move our reservation. Another said that Ford would tell them what they could charge, and that wouldn't be until the ordering time. Another said that no dealers were going to accept below MSRP. All statements are false. Either they were stupid or lying or maybe both.

One thing for certain is that if you don't advocate for yourself, no one will.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I think you give the knowledge of the Dealers on the Bronco process a bit too much credit. When I was shopping my reservation around, I had a dealer tell me that we weren't allowed to move our reservation. Another said that Ford would tell them what they could charge, and that wouldn't be until the ordering time. Another said that no dealers were going to accept below MSRP. All statements are false. Either they were stupid or lying or maybe both.

One thing for certain is that if you don't advocate for yourself, no one will.
Just my way of doing things. YMMV
Sponsored