Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E90 M3 6spd Sedan; EG Base Scheduled 3/27
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What application will require that gearing? Mine would be street use, beach and pulling boat/trailer combo under 2k total weight.
Honestly, for me not much. Little more getup and go from a stop, but mostly the locker in case I need it. More of a "better safe than sorry" situation.

Also, I want 33" tires, and that stresses the 3.73 to it's limit in terms of tolerance/stree from what I'm reading. If I ever decide on 35" tires idk how comfortable I'd be taking it off-road.
Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Honestly, for me not much. Little more getup and go from a stop, but mostly the locker in case I need it. More of a "better safe than sorry" situation.

Also, I want 33" tires, and that stresses the 3.73 to it's limit in terms of tolerance/stree from what I'm reading. If I ever decide on 35" tires idk how comfortable I'd be taking it off-road.
In 4L, with 33" tires, I can't imagine that the Bronco would have any problems climbing a vertical wall if it had the traction.

Busheytx

Big Bend
First Name
Melvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

We have both in our house other than piss poor fuel economy (tough to get 16mpg on the freeway, usually 13-14 in town. )the 2.3 has been great. It seems to be programmed better for off the line acceleration than the 2.7. We have the 4.27 gears and rear locker as well. Getting on the freeway or heavy acceleration midrange is where I can tell the difference between the two. Ours has a 3 1/2” lift and 35” tires and still does well. I drove one with 3.73 and 35” tires and it was a bit doggy. The 4.27 help and can only image the 4.46 or 4.7 would be really good. If I were ever to order another bronco it would be a 2.3 Badlands.
Have you tried sport mode? I get 21 on the highway driving in sport mode stock BB 4dr. I drive between 70-75 on interstate. City mileage is quite a bit less but I haven’t calculated it. Just curious if it makes a difference with 35’s compared to 32’s.

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Before the Bronco was officially revealed I had already said if they offered it with the 2.7 I wouldn't accept anything less. After test driving the 2.3 in a Bronco and a Ranger Tremor I changed my tune. The 2.3 is perfectly fine. Yeah I wouldn't mind the extra oomph of the 2.7. But I like the money I'm saving even more. And I already know from having a 2.7 F-150 it is really hard to stay light on the pedal.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’m sure it does
Have you tried sport mode? I get 21 on the highway driving in sport mode stock BB 4dr. I drive between 70-75 on interstate. City mileage is quite a bit less but I haven’t calculated it. Just curious if it makes a difference with 35’s compared to 32’s.
35’s we do have the 4.27 gears. My wife drives with a really heavy foot tho.

Sponsored

Evans67bro

Black Diamond
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F250, 67Bronco,2022 BD,2023 BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My non sas badlands is the 2.7 my wife's black diamond it has 35s and 2.3 . Both are auto trans both are 4 doors. Th 2.3 is a good motor and moves the bronco just fine even with the 35s. Yeah the 2.7 is faster but dont think the the cost is really worth it. It's not a sports car. If I had a 2door i wouldn't even consider the 2.7. I actually think i am going to order a 2door badlands sasquatch and I am going to get the 2.3 with the auto. I dont really need two 4doors.

Bigcat64

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2.3 badlands Sasquatch owner.

I’ve driven 2.7 and it does have a little more oomph, but not enough to have any buyers remorse.

I get 18 mpg all day highway and city. 18.6 highway and 18.2 city

UniBronc

Base
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F550, 12 F550, 13 F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
2 door Base Sasquatch 2.3 auto, it is spunky! It's always in Sport mode. It only gets 16 for mileage but that's way better than my Super Duty's so it is what it is.

I run 80+ on freeways & have always had lots of power to pass when & how I want. I had thought before I got that I'd mess with it to get more power but I am completely satisfied with it.
Sponsored