First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, '17 Superduity, '22 Badsquatch, CR 250R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lol yup but if you got it you got to use it at least once. Plus with a winch you can have some more control coming off a certain obstacle or situation where a tow strap is a lot of times a yank. I’m with you tho. I have the same reservations about the location here in Michigan. If I get stuck im probably stuck deep
Agreed. This is something I'd trust my safety on to get me home. If its full of mud, and possibly frozen, then I may become frozen as well. My safety gear needs to work 100%.. Id rather have it exposed and fully functional then hidden anywhere.
Not hacking anyone. It's worth considering what you are doing or where you are going.
It's not for me. look at it low from the front and imagine all four wheels in mud ruts deep enough to get stuck in........where is the fairlead??
Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

When this first came out I really liked it. Thought up 100% this is what I'm going to get. But once the issues with the 2.7 came up with the relocation and the frame cutting, the manual release issue, and the points about mud... Starting to think just a whole different bumper with a inset winch plate maybe the route I'll take.

In my wrangler, So far the only time I was stuck was in water/mud and this setup would have neen under the water.

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When this first came out I really liked it. Thought up 100% this is what I'm going to get. But once the issues with the 2.7 came up with the relocation and the frame cutting, the manual release issue, and the points about mud... Starting to think just a whole different bumper with a inset winch plate maybe the route I'll take.

In my wrangler, So far the only time I was stuck was in water/mud and this setup would have neen under the water.
I chose the BAMF bumper which is quite the involved install as well (with parking sensors and ACC) and am very happy with the result with the winch being between the rails and no cutting of the frame required.

CCMDoc

Big Bend
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 BB Sas, ‘14 Raptor, ‘71 Hemi ‘Cuda convertble
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I hear you regarding the type of wheeling you do.
My off roading is more about getting to my usual hunting or camp site and the obstacles aren’t what you regularly face.
I used the winch on my 2014 Raptor 5 times over the years.

This solution is good for what I do and may need the help of a winch.

NorthShoreBronco’s video is an example of the need I’d have for a winch. Sure there are other ways of getting through this but a winch just makes it easier for this 60 year-old.

Here’s a link to his post and embedded video:NorthShoreBronco using hidden winch

Lobber

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So this doesn't accomidate being able to reach the winch? I mean I have a different brand of winch and not only do I have a manual lever, but I need to be able to get to my winch to plug in the remote.
I bought this kit and a 13K ZESUPER winch off amazon because I figured it was similar quality to the RC winch and cheaper so I unboxed everything and was making sure it would go together properly before I started taking the Bronco apart. One issue I noticed was that the plug in extension cable doesn't work with the ZESUPER winch that I have. I'm sure that it could be modified if you want to spend the time but I just sent the winch back and will be ordering an RC winch just so I know it will work easily with their kit. I'm guessing that there are other winches out there that have the same style of plug but if you don't want to deal with figuring that out I'd recommend going with the RC winch.

Sponsored

NoloBronco

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My Kit came in on Thursday really quick turn around. I started working at about 9. From 9-10 am i was getting parts and tools together. The install isn’t bad. There isn’t a lot of cutting its just cutting in hard to get to spaces. I’d recommend doing this on a lift if possible. I did it in my driveway on stands. The instructions are really well if you read them in the right order. They kinda jump around. Make sure you completely pinch the lines it says to. I did not and lost a lot of coolant. But i refilled it no harm no foul. It took me about 6 hours to get this installed. Not bad for not having a shop. I love the winch and they look. If you are not experienced i would not recommend. I didn’t take pictures during the install because that would have just added time and I didn’t care to honestly. I would recommend this product to anyone with a 2.7L
4660BEAA-868C-44A3-9D65-45DA2D554D6C.jpeg
D53ACA92-958B-4EA0-B690-059386BF163F.jpeg
Is the clearance the same as the original skid plate? The pic you have from the front looks like the plate is low. Can you grab some images from different angles.

CheekyOldMan

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not quite accurate to say “Fits your Bronco” when the instructions include cutting off part of your frame. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Trueblue2296

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands, 2022 F250 Tremor 6.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is the clearance the same as the original skid plate? The pic you have from the front looks like the plate is low. Can you grab some images from different angles.
Ford Bronco Are you Sh*tting me RC 2.7 Hidden mount A8538ABA-5F1C-49B5-A0C3-F59DC9B838C9

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I hear you regarding the type of wheeling you do.
My off roading is more about getting to my usual hunting or camp site and the obstacles aren’t what you regularly face.
I used the winch on my 2014 Raptor 5 times over the years.

This solution is good for what I do and may need the help of a winch.

NorthShoreBronco’s video is an example of the need I’d have for a winch. Sure there are other ways of getting through this but a winch just makes it easier for this 60 year-old.

Here’s a link to his post and embedded video:NorthShoreBronco using hidden winch
I had a Ramsey 6000 Hidden mount on my 1984 Bronco ii and half a dozen vehicles since. I used it probably a dozen times over the years. I just ordered the RC mount and a Rugged Ridge 10000. Should serve me well.
Sponsored