First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So because you read it on the internet it must be true?

O wait, it must be true. Thanks for the clarity.
Sponsored

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The article states that they’re basing the fuel mileage off of the Ranger since it’s built on the same platform. Which is not likely.

7E295D39-6D16-420D-82F5-8FED5BBACDB1.jpeg
Base model with regular tires I can believe but no way the Badlands or anything SAS will get this.

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
There is always a lot of variables for MPG.
When my wife drives my 2015 F-150 she gets 2 MPG less than I do. Same truck, same roads.

Randy92Fox

Base
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Half Cab, 7.3 Powerstroke, 5.0 Convertible Fox
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Seems reasonable for a non-squatch/non-badlands to me. Recently had a 2020 4 door Sahara for a rental car. 2.0 turbo 8 speed auto. On paper the 2.0 jeep engine and 2.3 Ford have very similar peak hp and tq at similar rpms. I averaged 23 mpg in the Jeep with a little over 200 miles of mixed driving.

LMB

Black Diamond
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 F250 Superduty 2016 Jeep Wrangler 2door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I drive a 2016 Wrangler k (2 door). The above numbers are exactly what I get for MPG. I have an Auto rolling on 32" BFG TKO 2 tires. 19.5 average combined city/highway. 22.5 Highway. Much worse in winter my 2-3 MPG less.

Hopping not to go backwards from that with a BD 2door, probably auto.

Sponsored

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
How big of a loss do you guys think for a Badlands 2.7L (considering Badlands gearing) with 33 ATs, versus OBX 2.7 with 32 ATs? I know the tires will probably only impact maybe 1 mpg, but no idea what to expect with the different gearing on the Badlands

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I heard a rumor it gets 38mpg.
I heard it when I said it to my dog.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Automatic Transmissions outpace Manual Transmissions with today's technology in MPG.
Thats not true I turn the engine off when I'm going down the Haleakala Highway in a manual. And of course it will when the autos OD is .636 and the manual is .646, somebody wants you to buy an auto. Back in the day manual ODs were better. I still think this trend is BS if they put the effort in to building manuals they would be better in the hands of someone capable of controlling their vehicle. But the industry doesnt want you driving, thats why you hear ads like "what drives you?".

Also the roof racks and anything on em and bumpers will have a huge impact on MPG. When I built bumpers and racks for my 96 I lost atleast 3mpg and a couple more with my tent mounted. Thats why I keep it on a trailer now. That and needed room for hauling lumber and stuff.

peterh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler jlu 2018
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

so I have a 2018 JL 4 door auto with 2 inch lift, 35 Ko2 tires (pizza cutters load C I believe so lighter than many others of its size)- get 20 mpg combined - climbs to 22 on long trips and drops to 19.6 on weekends when I drive around town alot.
I drive pretty conservative. Easy on brake, steady highway speeds between 67-75 most of the time.
Why am I saying all this?

SoccerDude

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
so I have a 2018 JL 4 door auto with 2 inch lift, 35 Ko2 tires (pizza cutters load C I believe so lighter than many others of its size)- get 20 mpg combined - climbs to 22 on long trips and drops to 19.6 on weekends when I drive around town alot.
I drive pretty conservative. Easy on brake, steady highway speeds between 67-75 most of the time.
Why am I saying all this?
On a side note, I used to get 30 MPG on my 5 spd Manual Scion TC which was rated 20ish. I always wondered why I beat the stated MPG by almost 10 MPG driving around the city but I think it was the exception. I would always time my stops at lights so I don't make complete stops, though on the gas I was pretty heavy footed.

Although I drive Auto's now driving efficiently near lights can make a big difference.

Sponsored

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes, I've driven mostly manuals and average at or above the listed mpg because I drive like a grandpa. When I worked for a dealership I drove many cars, including CVT autos that are rated better gad mileage and I did better with the manual with the same style of driving (chillin!).
I heard a rumor it gets 38mpg.
I heard it when I said it to my dog.
That reminds me of when the corporate Nissan liaison told us he couldn't tell us what the new (2013) Altima would get for fuel economy. But when he left he had written 38 on the white board in the conference room. At the time I didn't believe it. We've come a long way, baby.

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The article states that they’re basing the fuel mileage off of the Ranger since it’s built on the same platform. Which is not likely.
Yeah, Ranger is more aerodynamic and weighs 1000lbs less.

And of course it will when the autos OD is .636 and the manual is .646, somebody wants you to buy an auto.
When you're using cruise in an auto, it can easily step down a couple gears and get into the powerband on its own when necessary to maintain speed. Cruise can't do that on a manual, so it needs a bit more guts at cruising speeds in top gear, hence higher OD ratios and higher final drive ratios with the manual.

People love to claim they'd smash EPA numbers, but I've yet to see a recent back-to-back auto vs. manual test where both drivers are hypermiling. And even then, these enterprising people pick and choose a nice, slow, flat downhill section and claim victory over the EPA, ignoring real-world mixed driving results.

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That reminds me of when the corporate Nissan liaison told us he couldn't tell us what the new (2013) Altima would get for fuel economy. But when he left he had written 38 on the white board in the conference room. At the time I didn't believe it. We've come a long way, baby.
I pushed a CVT Altima to over 50mpg average on one trip that was a nice, long, steady 55mph road.

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
I pushed a CVT Altima to over 50mpg average on one trip that was a nice, long, steady 55mph road.
That's awesome. I only got one to about 45-46 on the highway slightly slightly downhill with no wind.

Big L 65

Outer Banks
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Oh no Ford needs to get these Bronco 30mpg hwy ?
Sponsored