First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
As people have stated before, the EPA numbers are WAY closer to real world than what they used to be. You can definitely get lower than the “official” numbers if you drive aggressively but if you are good about coasting and not speeding everywhere you can do better too.

Even still that’s pretty impressive.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Oneand0

Badlands
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So would a 2.3 on the same Badlands and driving get worse? Or better? I got that same build with 2.3. I drive non aggressive 95% of the time.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So would a 2.3 on the same Badlands and driving get worse? Or better? I got that same build with 2.3. I drive non aggressive 95% of the time.
I think it boils down to working the engine. For example if you were driving 80 miles an hour down the freeway between the two engines I think the 2.3 would get worse because you'd be working the engine more.

Sitting around in the city idling at lights you probably get better. The heavier a vehicle gets or the more wind resistance (aka speed), larger engines many times can do better than smaller engines because they don't have to work as hard.

I'm getting a four-door and at some point would have added decent amount of weight with off-road gear, that's why the 2.7 has always been my pick and I've never once considered the 2.3.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I found the key to getting the best mpgs around town is keeping the turbo at bay. My Ranger does great around town (between 19-20) if I pay attention to my right foot. You know the saying about turbo engines, and it is true.

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is so much better then the suv I have right now.

Oneand0

Badlands
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm getting a four-door and at some point would have added decent amount of weight with off-road gear, that's why the 2.7 has always been my pick and I've never once considered the 2.3.
Thanks for the input! That makes sense. I should be just fine with the 2.3 then since I drive cautiously. I don’t see myself towing anything except maybe, in the future, a boat about 20 miles to a boat ramp in South Lake Tahoe. Probably some camping gear for two, with a roof tent a few times a year at the most.
Sponsored