Sponsored

Article: Ford Is Embarrassed By The Ford Bronco Hard Top Problems, Decides To Replace Them All (We know)

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know we all know this information, but I saw this recently and didn't see it posted anywhere. Apologies if I missed it, though. I thought it was interesting to see everything summarized in one place.

https://jalopnik.com/ford-is-embarrassed-by-the-ford-bronco-hard-top-problem-1847485040

Outlined: https://outline.com/ZaWztK

Mods feel free to delete this if it's already been posted!
Thanks for sharing. I have the feeling that the Jalopnik author knew more than he was letting on when approached by Ford. In the article it seemed he was simply presenting what he was told from Ford PR without editorializing.
Sponsored

West1

Base
First Name
DM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base with OBX wheels
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I know we all know this information, but I saw this recently and didn't see it posted anywhere. Apologies if I missed it, though. I thought it was interesting to see everything summarized in one place.

https://jalopnik.com/ford-is-embarrassed-by-the-ford-bronco-hard-top-problem-1847485040

Outlined: https://outline.com/ZaWztK

Mods feel free to delete this if it's already been posted!
I thought the article was a good summary (of 100's of forum pages) and Ford came across as contrite and responsive to customer complaints. Yes, there is more that Ford could do but the article clearly showed that the issue has upper management's attention, (which I openly doubted would happen in previous posts - but was admittedly wrong about this).

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Biltwild get in here!

You're getting famous!
First I've seen that picture. Now I know why everyone is calling it cardboard. It literally looks like a smashed box dipped in plastic.

Grooticus

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So I have to be the one who focuses on the “monthly exclusive Bronco merchandise “?

Sponsored

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not sure what they should be more embarrassed about... the top issue itself or their decision to hold around 2500 Broncos hostage in a large dirt lot for who knows how many months.

johndeerefarmer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 F150, '20 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I contacted Jalopnik a while back about the issues...My guess is they were holding out for official word from Ford.
They don't want to lose access to cars to test from them, nor the press events Ford brings them to.
They don't want to burn those bridges.
They might have been afraid to post about the troubles but sure should have been aware of them. The way the article was written he seemed to know nothing about it. Heck it's been all over the internet. Like I said that's their job where we just come here for misery and fun. LOL

BroncoAgain

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"14 Wrangler JKUR, Ram 2500 6.7 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The guy in charge of quality and reporting on the top works for Webasco.

Rlack75

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not sure what they should be more embarrassed about... the top issue itself or their decision to hold around 2500 Broncos hostage in a large dirt lot for who knows how many months.
It’s a Dirt Mountain, show some respect! 🤦🏼‍♂️

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW M240i, 2015 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Base
White,,White. The soft top needs to be white. I feel like calling Bestop myself and telling them. If not white then a light grey color.
White would get covered in tree sap and pine needles where I live. Mine won't fit in my garage so he will live outside. No white for me and no soup for you!

Sponsored

brettf22

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
“’We’re trying to do everything we possibly can to take care of the customers.’ That means compensation in the form of FordPass Rewards Points ... (Note that way back in December of 2020, Ford was providing ~$300 worth of FordPass Reward Points for customers dealing with Bronco delays”

Well, Ford really has done some effective slight of hand with the whole "FordPass points compensation" marketing talk. They really only provided $100 worth of points. The other $200 are points you get when you purchase the car (approximately, depending on the cost of the vehicle). Only folks who switched from MOD to MIC tops are getting $1000 in points.

So Ford gave everybody on the reservation list $100 in points back in December ... and that’s it. There are no more extra points coming. So there really is no “compensation” for this hard top fiasco, other than some Bronco swag.

sgraing1

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond.A Bunch More Junk.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Manufacturing automobiles since 1903. One would think they could do better with a new vehicle launch. It's a broken system that at the very least started with a couple of former CEO's.

sgraing1

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond.A Bunch More Junk.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The only thing that I want Ford to "give" me is a quality product in a timely manner.

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Manufacturing automobiles since 1903. One would think they could do better with a new vehicle launch. It's a broken system that at the very least started with a couple of former CEO's.
I think its because they launching to many new vehicles at a time ,I think its about 4 new vehicles in a year then they trying to line up all this aftermarket crap for the bronco I think it was way to much at one year and Ford dropped the ball
Sponsored