Sponsored

Article: Ford Is Embarrassed By The Ford Bronco Hard Top Problems, Decides To Replace Them All (We know)

Itsmeclooney

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

johndeerefarmer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 F150, '20 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know we all know this information, but I saw this recently and didn't see it posted anywhere. Apologies if I missed it, though. I thought it was interesting to see everything summarized in one place.

https://jalopnik.com/ford-is-embarrassed-by-the-ford-bronco-hard-top-problem-1847485040

Outlined: https://outline.com/ZaWztK

Mods feel free to delete this if it's already been posted!
Whoever the guy is that Ford called on Jalopnik must live under a rock if he hadn't heard of the hard top issues.

TXRancher

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I die a little more with every mention.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Not embarrassed enough to provide a soft top option to 2 door owners. I say that they need a little more shaming!!!

Sponsored

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Whoever the guy is that Ford called on Jalopnik must live under a rock if he hadn't heard of the hard top issues.
Not everyone is completely strung out on the new Bronco, even in the industry. Even my buddies who have the same addiction to cars that I do barely know what’s going on with the Bronco. They could probably only tell you “it’s taking a while” and that’s only because I tell them.

johndeerefarmer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 F150, '20 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not everyone is completely strung out on the new Bronco, even in the industry. Even my buddies who have the same addiction to cars that I do barely know what’s going on with the Bronco. They could probably only tell you “it’s taking a while” and that’s only because I tell them.
Their business is cars so they should be on the Internet everyday just like TFL and others are

BroncoAgain

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"14 Wrangler JKUR, Ram 2500 6.7 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
White,,White. The soft top needs to be white. I feel like calling Bestop myself and telling them. If not white then a light grey color.

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford trying to make so many new model vehicles at the same time and trying to line up all the aftermarket crap for the Bronco that they were not keeping on top of what was going on with the hardtops .I am sure there was a person who was in charged if the hard tops getting made and made right and I really hope he demoted to cleaning the bathrooms

Sponsored

MacDonald_Photo

Badlands
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I contacted Jalopnik a while back about the issues...My guess is they were holding out for official word from Ford.
They don't want to lose access to cars to test from them, nor the press events Ford brings them to.
They don't want to burn those bridges.

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Stay pumped.

DesertChip

Badlands
First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Q5, 2017 GTI, 2007 Porsche Cayman S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford trying to make so many new model vehicles at the same time and trying to line up all the aftermarket crap for the Bronco that they were not keeping on top of what was going on with the hardtops .I am sure there was a person who was in charged if the hard tops getting made and made right and I really hope he demoted to cleaning the bathrooms
That always was his job. They let him design the MIC because they did not care or think it was hard. The designer is not to blame, its his management. Its their job to see that it was done right and then check.

West1

Base
First Name
DM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base with OBX wheels
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I agree even Wallstreet has not punished Ford too bad for the mistake, most people are oblivious to the issues unless they have a Bronco on order or worse yet a Bronco languishing on dirt mountain.
Sponsored