Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So for the last week or two Iā€™ve noticed that the auto start stop feature does NOT engage when I come to a complete stop and was wondering if anyone else has had this happen?

Previous to this notice it worked as prescribed and when the conditions were right it would turn the engine off, let off the brake or AC drop beyond thresholds it would turn back on.

Overall Iā€™m not too upset that itā€™s not shutting the engine off but am a tad worried given all the systems and such that something may be wrong and a gremlin is hiding out somewhere.

Now to try and isolate if there is in fact an issue Iā€™ve driven a long distance, come to a stop and ensured I depressed the brake pedal a full throw, nothing.

Came to a stop with my entire HVAC system off and full brake, nothing.

Came to a full stop with the aforementioned and the audio system off (in some weird chance the sub was drawing too much power to enable it which had not happened previously but ya know, gremlins) and nothing.

Cycled to ECO mode and applied all the aforementioned shenanigans and still nothing.

Iā€™ve repeated all events before and after manually cycling the auto start stop feature and it has yet to enable the start stop feature.

No mods to the electrical outside of A-pillar lights and side steps, and no foray into FORSCAN yet so itā€™s as stock as can be.

Thoughts?
Sponsored

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
What's the weather outside? If it's hot or cold it won't turn off.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford Bronco Auto-start stop turned itself off šŸ§ 17A87524-B464-46D0-93FE-C921559ECA9D

There are plenty of reasons why it may not be activating. If your vehicle meets all these criteria, and youā€™re still worried about it, I suggest bringing it to your dealership so they can diagnose it.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Um.... Congratulations.

It's getting colder. It's supposed to not engage if the engine is too cold, or if the battery is weak.

Sponsored
OP
OP
DocFuller

DocFuller

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What's the weather outside? If it's hot or cold it won't turn off.
No warmer or cooler than itā€™s been any other time itā€™s worked, did find some other forums after posting and am going to see if I can find the screen where it tells you why it didnā€™t operate.

OP
OP
DocFuller

DocFuller

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I noticed mine not turning off sporadically today.
Odd.
Was wondering if there was perhaps a bug in a software update but mines not updated since Iā€™ve owned it šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø at least not that I can tell (no message on the Ford pass app)

OP
OP
DocFuller

DocFuller

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Um.... Congratulations.

It's getting colder. It's supposed to not engage if the engine is too cold, or if the battery is weak.
Iā€™m in Florida where itā€™s still a balmy 80 during the day. Good state of charge while driving according to the voltage read out on the computer.

OP
OP
DocFuller

DocFuller

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Auto-start stop turned itself off šŸ§ 17A87524-B464-46D0-93FE-C921559ECA9D

There are plenty of reasons why it may not be activating. If your vehicle meets all these criteria, and youā€™re still worried about it, I suggest bringing it to your dealership so they can diagnose it.
Found a post with a read out section as to why it didnā€™t operate, going to check that out tomorrow and then if itā€™s still being weird ima have it checked after I drive across country (I leave Wednesday šŸ˜…)

Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Was wondering if there was perhaps a bug in a software update but mines not updated since Iā€™ve owned it šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø at least not that I can tell (no message on the Ford pass app)
OTA update wouldnā€™t change anything with auto start stop operation either way.

OP
OP
DocFuller

DocFuller

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OTA update wouldnā€™t change anything with auto start stop operation either way.
I wouldnā€™t think so, but figured Iā€™d check that off the box of what ifā€™s just incase haha

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So for the last week or two Iā€™ve noticed that the auto start stop feature does NOT engage when I come to a complete stop and was wondering if anyone else has had this happen?

Previous to this notice it worked as prescribed and when the conditions were right it would turn the engine off, let off the brake or AC drop beyond thresholds it would turn back on.

Overall Iā€™m not too upset that itā€™s not shutting the engine off but am a tad worried given all the systems and such that something may be wrong and a gremlin is hiding out somewhere.

Now to try and isolate if there is in fact an issue Iā€™ve driven a long distance, come to a stop and ensured I depressed the brake pedal a full throw, nothing.

Came to a stop with my entire HVAC system off and full brake, nothing.

Came to a full stop with the aforementioned and the audio system off (in some weird chance the sub was drawing too much power to enable it which had not happened previously but ya know, gremlins) and nothing.

Cycled to ECO mode and applied all the aforementioned shenanigans and still nothing.

Iā€™ve repeated all events before and after manually cycling the auto start stop feature and it has yet to enable the start stop feature.

No mods to the electrical outside of A-pillar lights and side steps, and no foray into FORSCAN yet so itā€™s as stock as can be.

Thoughts?
Hello there! If you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership information, I'd be happy to look into your vehicle concern.
Sponsored