First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I have had my Bronco for around 6 months, and I keep noticing how often my autolamps turn on my headlights in the middle of the day. Seems like anything other than bright direct sunlight will cause them to turn on, overcast days, before sunset; generally before it should be turning them on. It's really annoying to have the headlights come on and the interior screens dim in basically broad daylight.

Is there a way to adjust the brightness threshold where they come on, through Forscan or some other vehicle setting? I made sure the glass in front of the sensor is clear and all that.
Sponsored

ColonelAngus

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 07 BMW 335i, 05 Saab 9-5 Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you have anything blocking or near the sensor that could be impacting how much light it sees in certain situations? Haven't seen really any one complain of this issue so thats the only reason I ask.

EDIT: Its early and I apparently can't read... so nothing on the window? Tint, ezpass etc?... better just sell it to me super cheap... pretty sure its screwed...

OP
OP
Enginerd39

Enginerd39

Badlands
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do you have anything blocking or near the sensor that could be impacting how much light it sees in certain situations? Haven't seen really any one complain of this issue so thats the only reason I ask.

EDIT: Its early and I apparently can't read... so nothing on the window? Tint, ezpass etc?... better just sell it to me super cheap... pretty sure its screwed...

LOL. And no, no tint or anything like that. Only thing I can think of is like bug guts or something, but my windshield isn't usually dirty, and it would have to be in a very specific spot.

ColonelAngus

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 07 BMW 335i, 05 Saab 9-5 Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What I don't see anywhere online is which sensor it uses. A lot of vehicles have a sensor in the mirror for it, or it could be using the camera in the windshield that controls auto highbeams and safety systems. I had a situation where my EZ pass was blocking light at a very specific angle and it would make my lights turn on prematurely sometimes. Sometimes in the vehicle lighting settings area there are sensitivity adjustments however i'm not sure if Ford (can't remember anymore) or more specifically the Bronco has this.

I would have gone out and checked on mine by now but Ford still hasn't figured out how to build it and I no longer work for a Ford dealer.

jwoobs

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It's the little square nub in the center of the dash. I've accidentally thrown a hat over it and wondered why the screens were blacked out in the middle of the day.

Having said that, when it's not covered up, I haven't had any issues with the screen brightness. I think it can even turn the lights on without blacking out the display, like in overcast weather.

Ford Bronco Autolamps Too Sensitive, Turn Headlights On Too Early 1666095564944

Sponsored

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Mine works just fine...

OP
OP
Enginerd39

Enginerd39

Badlands
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's the little square nub in the center of the dash. I've accidentally thrown a hat over it and wondered why the screens were blacked out in the middle of the day.

Having said that, when it's not covered up, I haven't had any issues with the screen brightness. I think it can even turn the lights on without blacking out the display, like in overcast weather.

Ford Bronco Autolamps Too Sensitive, Turn Headlights On Too Early 1666095564944
Ahhhhhhh, Ding Ding Ding. Didn't realize the sensor was there and not in the windshield. I put my hat there a lot. Mystery solved.

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It does a pretty crappy job of deciding when to switch the high beams on/off too. I'm in manual mode if it's remotely dark out.
Yep, the auto high beam functionality is pretty terrible on the Bronco. My Durango was much better with this.

GroovyGhost

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Weird. I've been impressed with how it works. No issues at all.

Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My First vehicle with auto lights and I'm very happy. I seldom use brights on manual light vehicles..on, off, on, off, the autos take care of it nicely. They do dim below 30 mph, which isn't great, but can be overridden manually.

glamosaurus

Base
First Name
Hope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I just got my Bronco and turned this feature off. It was auto blasting brights on to oncoming traffic, and I live in the dark woods...so I'll stick with turning them on manually.

mikec426

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Sqtch, 20 Triumph Tiger Rally, '04 Yam FZ1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

For auto lights, mine perform better than any other vehicle I've been in. Good timing when coming on in the evening and excellent sensitivity to other vehicle headlights and taillights. They don't dim when I'm approaching a vehicle at 90 degrees, but no auto headlight equipped vehicle has in my experience. When it's raining / overcast they are hit and miss so I just control them manually then.

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Had it on my Maverick and it worked great. Works just as well on my Bronco except it ramps up and down slowly instead of instant high/low like the Maverick.
Sponsored