Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

A few gems from the EAA Fly-In a few weeks ago in Albuquerque. The 190 was absolutely immaculate.

PXL_20220924_155842136.MP.jpg

PXL_20220924_160110638.MP.jpg

PXL_20220924_160238013.jpg

Mixed feelings on a nose wheel cub. I'd like to fly one to see how they handle.
Sponsored

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Mixed feelings on a nose wheel cub. I'd like to fly one to see how they handle.
I asked him why he triked it, and his answer was basically "to be different." He was a Carbon Cub, so it gets more people to talk to him. It worked on me.

OP
OP
kodiakisland

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I asked him why he triked it, and his answer was basically "to be different." He was a Carbon Cub, so it gets more people to talk to him. It worked on me.
I suppose the nose wheel Xcub makes sense with so few getting tail wheel endorsements, but I don't know. I sure like the looks of a tailwheel cub.

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I suppose the nose wheel Xcub makes sense with so few getting tail wheel endorsements, but I don't know. I sure like the looks of a tailwheel cub.
Meant to say he was a rep, so getting attention was his goal. And you're right about tailwheel. My buddy won an RV-4 in a raffle (lucky SOB), and had kind of a hard time finding a CFI who would do tailwheel with him.

OP
OP
kodiakisland

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Meant to say he was a rep, so getting attention was his goal. And you're right about tailwheel. My buddy won an RV-4 in a raffle (lucky SOB), and had kind of a hard time finding a CFI who would do tailwheel with him.

Yeah, tailwheel is old school and most of the younger CFIs want nothing to do with it. A free RV would be really cool.

Sponsored

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yeah, tailwheel is old school and most of the younger CFIs want nothing to do with it. A free RV would be really cool.
It was from some little air museum in Texas. It cost him $100.

IMG956483.jpg

FlyingScot

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Pretty quiet in here lately. What's new with the pilots on here?
Just completed my annual currency in the PA-18 and C-182. Making plans for some Beaver time this winter in Florida now that my daughter moved there. Hoping to make two trips down this winter and getting a total of 8-10 hours of time on floats. Got a lead on a guy close to me doing ME ratings, so I may be doing that in the spring.
Working on my CFI, so way more ground than flying lately. Kids going back to school hasn't helped with making progress, starting to think I need to find an accelerated program somewhere and burn some PTO.

A few gems from the EAA Fly-In a few weeks ago in Albuquerque. The 190 was absolutely immaculate.

PXL_20220924_155842136.MP.jpg
I absolutely adore the 190 and 195, and that one is a beaut!

It was from some little air museum in Texas. It cost him $100.

IMG956483.jpg
Hey, I remember that! Was from a raffle at the Texas Barnstorming Museum in Hallettsville (34R). Awesome little airport, the crew car is an old govt surplus M998 humvee, and they have a Beech Staggerwing there that is in close competition with the 195 as the most beautiful plane in GA
Ford Bronco Aviation Photo and BS thread 1665664947335

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Working on my CFI, so way more ground than flying lately. Kids going back to school hasn't helped with making progress, starting to think I need to find an accelerated program somewhere and burn some PTO.

I absolutely adore the 190 and 195, and that one is a beaut!

Hey, I remember that! Was from a raffle at the Texas Barnstorming Museum in Hallettsville (34R). Awesome little airport, the crew car is an old govt surplus M998 humvee, and they have a Beech Staggerwing there that is in close competition with the 195 as the most beautiful plane in GA
Ford Bronco Aviation Photo and BS thread 1665664947335
I totally agree. Staggerwings could be top of my list. He sent me a picture of it when he picked up his RV, so that's definitely the place.

Sponsored
OP
OP
kodiakisland

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What are you going to do once you get the CFI? Full time or part time?

FlyingScot

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
What are you going to do once you get the CFI? Full time or part time?
That’s the $64,000 question. I had originally planned just to teach tailwheel, spin endorsements and some mild AB on the weekends and then go do the ATP thing once the kiddos go off to college (14 more years) and the wife gets sick of me (any day now).

This year however has been an introspective one, to include a job change to a lucrative position in my industry 5 months ago, and I still don’t enjoy it. My wife has been encouraging me to make the jump sooner rather than later if it means I’ll be happy during my time at the house (and also not subject to being sent offshore for 4-5 weeks at a time).

It’s hard to argue that now isn’t a good time to do that if I’m ever going to, the regionals are taking anyone with 1500 hours and a pulse, and the ULCCs are taking people with no TPIC time.

Stewkc

Wildtrak
First Name
Stew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Trailblazer SS
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Two of my favorite cars I had owned, my 1988 Porsche 928 and my 2007 SS Trailblazer, parked in Front of DEI (Dale Earnhardt Incorporated) race teams jet during the fall 2014 Kansas race. My friend JR was the pilot for them at the time.
5BBF6169-C9F6-470D-9680-95B84FABAEB9.jpeg

OP
OP
kodiakisland

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That’s the $64,000 question. I had originally planned just to teach tailwheel, spin endorsements and some mild AB on the weekends and then go do the ATP thing once the kiddos go off to college (14 more years) and the wife gets sick of me (any day now).

This year however has been an introspective one, to include a job change to a lucrative position in my industry 5 months ago, and I still don’t enjoy it. My wife has been encouraging me to make the jump sooner rather than later if it means I’ll be happy during my time at the house (and also not subject to being sent offshore for 4-5 weeks at a time).

It’s hard to argue that now isn’t a good time to do that if I’m ever going to, the regionals are taking anyone with 1500 hours and a pulse, and the ULCCs are taking people with no TPIC time.

It seems like a great time to be getting into the flying business. Our school/club can't keep CFIs as they jump to the next level pretty quick. Seems a lot are going to private charters or corporate gigs and not the big airlines. Our club has even gotten into the charter business with a Pilatus. Our small field just lengthened the runway and built a new hanger for two new Falcons to run more private charters out of the field.
Sponsored