Eduard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Serious question, Have you at all considered using marine grade speakers due to the abilities of the Bronco?
I did use Polk DB series, the 402 and 652 for the dash and the Mabett pods. They sound great but now I think I want to test the Hertz DCX series and compare. They are just a bit more sensitive
Sponsored

josh1121

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Titan XD Diesel 4x4, LandRover Defender 110
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Serious question, Have you at all considered using marine grade speakers due to the abilities of the Bronco?
I was wondering the same, especially in the rear pods if you change them over to the SSV

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I went to install the Audison APS8D sub today. It does not fit in the B&O enclosure. The sub would not seat in the opening due to the raised sections surrounding the opening on the enclosure. The sub is not easily modifiable. The rubber speaker surround material on the Audison sub stretches out almost the full diameter. Rather than hacking up a perfectly good sub, I have decided to switch gears and go with the Kicker 48CWR84 which others have successfully fitted in the B&O enclosure.
I am hitting the pause button on the install and will resume when the Kicker subwoofer arrives from Crutchfield. (On sale right now for $79.99).
As far as I know, everyone using the B&O enclosure needed to take a Dremel to it to get an aftermarket 8" sub to fit. I think it's just one raised section in one of the corners.

Last edited:
OP
OP
STING555

STING555

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was wondering the same, especially in the rear pods if you change them over to the SSV
I guess a marine speaker wouldn’t hurt as long as the specs are suitable. The factory speakers are cheap paper, so most any aftermarket speakers will be an improvement as far as weather resistance.

OP
OP
STING555

STING555

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As far as I know, everyone using the B&O enclosure needed to take a Drexel to it to get an aftermarket 8" sub to fit. I think it's just one raised section in one of the corners.
I’ve seen others modify the enclosure. I chose to go with the kicker that I knew from others experiences would fit without modifying the enclosure. The problem I had with that was that the raised sections are hollow, so it’s not as simple as just removing the raised sections (there are three raised hollow sections on the enclosure that would need to be modified)

Sponsored

TahoeTexan

Outer Banks
First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I did trim the inner ring on the factory grill for additional clearance to be safe.
I did the same with a dremel just to make clearance for a couple screw heads.

OgBroncoBoi

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22’ ManLands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I might follow your playbook with the Hertz setup, plus a pretty good dose of sound treatment.

I wanted to go with JL C2’s, but they have lower sensitivity and I’m not sure the B&O amp will power them well enough. I haven’t seen any confirmation of anyone running them off of the B&O amp.
The C2’s sound great with the B&o

cubes32

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner, Audi S4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
C2 400x on the dash and in the pods
C2 650 component woofers in the kick
8w1 in the factory B&o box
No clearance issues with the covers in the rear pods that the C1’s have?

Sponsored

OgBroncoBoi

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22’ ManLands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No clearance issues with the covers in the rear pods that the C1’s have?
I did not. Everything snapped back place as should.
The 8w1 required trimming of the rubber boot to get it to fit. Also had to trim a tab off the bottom of the enclosure but that was it.

plogan1379

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ioniq 5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I did not. Everything snapped back place as should.
The 8w1 required trimming of the rubber boot to get it to fit. Also had to trim a tab off the bottom of the enclosure but that was it.
Did I miss where you used an amp with your setup? If not which did you use? My 4dr Wildtrak is scheduled for 4/24….trying to be prepared.

rguest3

Badlands
First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350, F-450, 2022 Bronco, (2) 77 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the B&O in my 23 2-Door. I installed Kicker Speakers and an 8" Subwoofer.

Kicker:

47KSC404 - 4" - (3) Front Dash
47KSC6705 - 6 3/4" - (4) Kick Panels and Mabett Rear Pods
48CWRT - 8" Subwoofer

All of these installed with no issues. Crutchfield had the Kick Panel 6 3/4" as the direct install, not the 6 1/2".

This is a very easy, substantial upgrade in sound quality. I am getting a little more bass out of the Sub, but I will add an Amp (AudioControl ACM 1.300) to drive it.

Last edited:

OgBroncoBoi

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22’ ManLands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did I miss where you used an amp with your setup? If not which did you use? My 4dr Wildtrak is scheduled for 4/24….trying to be prepared.
It runs without the amp, but I’m adding a kicker key 500.1 just to use the driver to its full capacity.

plogan1379

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ioniq 5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It runs without the amp, but I’m adding a kicker key 500.1 just to use the driver to its full capacity.
Thank you for the response. I am thinking this is the way that I want to go myself. I appreciate your time.
Sponsored