Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not familiar with quick disconnect. Can you take pictures of the back of the sub with the wires plugged in? Trying to envision how you have power, ground, and high input/rca going into the sub.
729E5F68-33C9-4F20-8F57-A052001966D3.jpeg
Sponsored

Ig_bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

As promised here is a quick write up of my B&O sub removal and replacement.

Iā€™ve had various high-end audio systems in German automobiles and most recently the 19 speaker Harmon Hardon system in a 2019 grand Cherokee (which I thought was underwhelming). I happen to think the B&O speakers are very good. Mind you I havenā€™t rolled with the top or doors completely off yet Iā€™m happy with the clarity and loudness considering the removable door constraints. The only thing I would change is the sound stage, but as we all know thatā€™s adding unnecessary complexity if you want to remove the doors. But that sub HAD TO GO. It was absolutely worthless. Turn it up and all you hear are rattles and the bass that comes from rattles. My first thought was going to be fab up some fiberglass and put it in a shallow mount W3 by building out the passenger side cargo area wall, but I already had a W7 and amp laying around and decided the best and cheapest route would be removing the factory B&O sub and sub enclosure and mounting my Alpine amp + active line output converter in its place. They are mounted using a fabbed ABS bracket on the factory enclosure holes. Everything is mounted up high for possible water intrusion and concealed so when the sub is quick disconnected nothing but a small unidentifiable wire is showing. Game changer!

Sub: JL 12W7AE
Enclosure: Custom sealed box
Amp: Alpine PDX M12 (1200RMS @ 2ohms)
LOC: Pac LPA 2.2
Wiring: KnuKonceptz 0 gauge OFC with 150amp fuse

Ford Bronco B&O sub removal and replacement with a JL W7 quick disconnect 729E5F68-33C9-4F20-8F57-A052001966D3

Ford Bronco B&O sub removal and replacement with a JL W7 quick disconnect 729E5F68-33C9-4F20-8F57-A052001966D3

I'll gladly take that B&o enclosure box off you for a reasonable price.. pm if interested.

BroncoBill44

Wildtrak
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No comment
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
As promised here is a quick write up of my B&O sub removal and replacement.

Iā€™ve had various high-end audio systems in German automobiles and most recently the 19 speaker Harmon Hardon system in a 2019 grand Cherokee (which I thought was underwhelming). I happen to think the B&O speakers are very good. Mind you I havenā€™t rolled with the top or doors completely off yet Iā€™m happy with the clarity and loudness considering the removable door constraints. The only thing I would change is the sound stage, but as we all know thatā€™s adding unnecessary complexity if you want to remove the doors. But that sub HAD TO GO. It was absolutely worthless. Turn it up and all you hear are rattles and the bass that comes from rattles. My first thought was going to be fab up some fiberglass and put it in a shallow mount W3 by building out the passenger side cargo area wall, but I already had a W7 and amp laying around and decided the best and cheapest route would be removing the factory B&O sub and sub enclosure and mounting my Alpine amp + active line output converter in its place. They are mounted using a fabbed ABS bracket on the factory enclosure holes. Everything is mounted up high for possible water intrusion and concealed so when the sub is quick disconnected nothing but a small unidentifiable wire is showing. Game changer!

Sub: JL 12W7AE
Enclosure: Custom sealed box
Amp: Alpine PDX M12 (1200RMS @ 2ohms)
LOC: Pac LPA 2.2
Wiring: KnuKonceptz 0 gauge OFC with 150amp fuse

I see Alpine PDX M12 is discontinued... Do you have a replacement recommendation? If it aint broke, dont fix it... so Im trying to go your route...

OP
OP
KompressorV12

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I see Alpine PDX M12 is discontinued... Do you have a replacement recommendation? If it aint broke, dont fix it... so Im trying to go your route...
I noticed that too. Alpine never replaced
it with a new generation. No idea why itā€™s an ideal size and insane amount of RMS. Maybe check eBay?

Bishop305

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My Bronco comes with the B&O speakers and I know for a fact I will want/need more bass :confused:. I was thinking about putting in a single 12w7 myself but was worried if the sub would end up ā€œoverpoweringā€ the sound of the speakers. How well would you say it blends in with the sound stage?

Sponsored
OP
OP
KompressorV12

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My Bronco comes with the B&O speakers and I know for a fact I will want/need more bass :confused:. I was thinking about putting in a single 12w7 myself but was worried if the sub would end up ā€œoverpoweringā€ the sound of the speakers. How well would you say it blends in with the sound stage?
Not sure from the rear but from the front it blends very well provided you have a bass knob. I fiddle a lot, but that's the nature of the beast with a 1200 RMS sub. I may be an outlier and think the B&O speakers sound very good soundstage aside

Bishop305

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Not sure from the rear but from the front it blends very well provided you have a bass knob. I fiddle a lot, but that's the nature of the beast with a 1200 RMS sub. I may be an outlier and think the B&O speakers sound very good soundstage aside
Iā€™ll definitely put a bass knob in. Iā€™m not an audiophile so I THINK Iā€™ll be happy with the quality of the B&O system just as long as the volume is loud enough to keep up with my eventual aftermarket W7 (which it appears shouldnā€™t be a problem) and road noise when I take the doors/roof off. Thank you for replying(y)

OP
OP
KompressorV12

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll gladly take that B&o enclosure box off you for a reasonable price.. pm if interested.
I'm thinking of keeping it in case I'm able to track down a raptor. I'll return this to stock very easily.

OP
OP
KompressorV12

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™ll definitely put a bass knob in. Iā€™m not an audiophile so I THINK Iā€™ll be happy with the quality of the B&O system just as long as the volume is loud enough to keep up with my eventual aftermarket W7 (which it appears shouldnā€™t be a problem) and road noise when I take the doors/roof off. Thank you for replying(y)
One thing I should note, it is a sealed box so the sub's dBs are lower. In either case the B&O gets plenty loud (disclosure: I've only put the top down, no doors off yet). I do find myself finding the perfect amount of volume and bass by fiddling with both depending on song. At this point a B&O speaker upgrade is VERY low on the priority list. The only thing I believe would truly improve it would be changing the soundstage which is not going to happen with removable doors. I've been told the rear pod speakers are the same speakers as in the base. Since they are so easy to replace I may consider that in the future, but they are so far back anyway the front speakers do all the work.

OP
OP
KompressorV12

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs