First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just got my Bronco Badlands and after 100 miles driving it I noticed the leather of the seat was damaged, went to the dealer and they told me that its not covered under warranty, I had a Mercedes and after 17 years the leather looked brand new.

IMG_0237.jpg
Sponsored

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm sorry to hear this but getting something repaired under warranty by a Ford dealer nowadays is becoming more of a meme than anything else...

I wonder if Ford is denying all warranty claims or dealers are bitter after Ford wanting to go "direct sales" and want to screw the manufacturer? All I can say is that it leaves a bad taste on the customer's mouth every time this happens.

Can you post pictures of the damage?

OP
OP

Bad Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
its def not a scratch otherwise it would be on both sides of the stitching, its just a piece of bad leather. I agree that the dealers are pissed but so am I, I own two Fords and have a 3rd one on order but I'll cancel it, GMC AT4 here I come.

SCBronco1

Wildtrak
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Lariat Fx4, 2012 BMW X3, 2011 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just got my Bronco Badlands and after 100 miles driving it I noticed the leather of the seat was damaged, went to the dealer and they told me that its not covered under warranty, I had a Mercedes and after 17 years the leather looked brand new.

Ford Bronco Bad leather seat IMG_0237
What exactly does a "BUMPER TO BUMPER" warranty cover then?

OP
OP

Bad Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
means nothing to Ford, I waited two years for this car and I would have loved it to be without faults. The funny thing is that Palm Springs Ford is fixing two holes now that they drilled in the grill to attach my license plate. completely useless

Sponsored

Dral97

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Wrangler YJ and 392, BMW 4 series
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I'm assuming you don't want it for other reasons beside the seat.

My bimmer has lost leather due to rubbing on the driver side seat bolster. I got some things off amazon to repair it myself.

I get that something that new shouldn't be dealing with this sort of thing, but you could maybe see if you can do something yourself to improve if if Ford isn't going to do anything.

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Anyway, I don't want the car anymore, I would sell it if I could break even, it has under 200 miles on it, black badlands with Sasquatch and lux.
no way you're going to get close to market value with trashed leather and a busted bumper...:eek:

OP
OP

Bad Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just don't have the time and patience to deal with that anymore.

Sponsored

Katimari

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road Premium
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford Bronco Bad leather seat IMG_0237
Mine had the same thing, had it warrantied at dealer.

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Doesn't have the time and patience to deal with two minor issues. But took the time to create an account and post this?

Seems like you have plenty of time bub.

Go back to your luxury vehicle and get out of the off-road vehicle you did not need.

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No dealer is going to warranty that if you didn't catch it on delivery. If they did, I have some interior paneling and quarter panels that were "factory damaged".

To be fair comparing to a Mercedes is way different. They also have MGV for a reason. I think there are a lot of misconceptions on what the Bronco is. It is an offroad utility vehicle with some modern features.

Sucks if it did come from factory like that. I found a few small things, but also acknowledge this isn't a luxury vehicle and I bought it for other reasons. IMO it adds character, at least that's what I tell myself with everything I damage or find damaged. Also, you got the "I care about it being a new vehicle" out of the way.

You can break even easily. Just drive it to the dealer or carvana, depending on location you should be fine. Nice first post too, welcome!

OP
OP

Bad Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Doesn't have the time and patience to deal with two minor issues. But took the time to create an account and post this?

Seems like you have plenty of time bub.

Go back to your luxury vehicle and get out of the off-road vehicle you did not need.
I have another off road vehicle

220414DV 02.jpg

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Ford Bronco Bad leather seat 220414DV 02
Hi there, I'd be happy to look into your Bronco concerns on my end. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.
Sponsored