Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hello all,

I just bought a used 2 door badlands, 6 months old. It was detailed before the purchase, but immediately I noticed this.

It’s about high shoulder height on the seat. What could have caused this blemish?

Pointed it out to the previous owner who mentioned they didn’t even notice. Wasn’t sure what that was from.

I noticed upon entry, and wiped my finger across it and it appeared to have some sort of greasy treatment on it.

Thoughts?

IMG_1803.jpeg

IMG_1804.jpeg

IMG_1805.jpeg
Sponsored

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you see the Bronco before it was detailed? The greasy feeling was probably something applied to try and hide the blemish regardless of when it happened. As to what caused it, nothing should touch the seat in that area with a driver in it. I suppose if the owner did a lot of short trips that maybe it was wear from reaching for the belt? My belt gets stuck if I move the seat to get into the rear but the marks left are on the plastic trim. Looks like some light scuffing on the top of the seat panel just below the area possibly from trying to clean it and used something a bit too harsh? Top off, bird craps, and then they try to clean up. Might of used paint thinner or something like a magic eraser. Was the back seat used much? Carseat? Possibly that area was grabbed often by someone when entering / exiting the rear. With the Bronco being fairly new and if low miles, wear really shouldn't be the cause IMHO.

Too many unknowns. Just throwing out ideas to consider.

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Almost looks like someone hit it with a heat gun, maybe tried to soften it up w/ something after.

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Almost looks like someone hit it with a heat gun, maybe tried to soften it up w/ something after.
Heat gun or wrong type cleaner that melted it . Looks like it got some of the next panel also . This is the vinyl part of the leather seat right ?

vicorjh

Wildtrak
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrack
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hello all,

I just bought a used 2 door badlands, 6 months old. It was detailed before the purchase, but immediately I noticed this.

It’s about high shoulder height on the seat. What could have caused this blemish?

Pointed it out to the previous owner who mentioned they didn’t even notice. Wasn’t sure what that was from.

I noticed upon entry, and wiped my finger across it and it appeared to have some sort of greasy treatment on it.

Thoughts?

Ford Bronco Leather seat damage? IMG_1805

Kinda looks like the utilization of one of those vinyl repair kits that also have the texture application component.

Sponsored

Mdozier

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 F250, 23 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

jasonkosi

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Somebody took a heat gun to that spot and cooked it. You can even see on the adjacent vinyl panels there was some melting happening.

DEC

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 640, Mustang Bullitt, Mazda 3, Honda Accord,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’ve heard of some mirrored glass buildings causing damage like this.

“During this time, street-level temperature readings went up to 243 F. The combination of the concave design and the mirrored glass reflecting the sunlight caused much damage. Some cars parked across the street from the office building melted in the heat. The melted car parts included panels, mirrors, and other parts.Sep 7, 2022”

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hello all,

Thoughts?

Ford Bronco Leather seat damage? IMG_0132

Hi there, I'd be happy to look into your Bronco concerns on my end. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.
Sponsored