Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco/ 2022 F150/ 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I posted this with the other thread about a torn seat. I purchased my 2 door Badlands SAS with only 26 miles on it from a deal in the next town, not my normal dealer. When I left the dealer and got home it had just under 80 miles on it. I am now three weeks into owning this with less the 300 miles on it. I was showing wife the difference between the 4 door OBX non SAS and this one. She pointed at the seat and said what is this. I looked and noticed it was stressed torn from the stitching. I took it to my normal dealer the next day to show them. The filed an issue with Ford and it is hopefully getting taken care of.

After seeing my issue and a few others on here about the MGV ( edit mine are leather) seats ripping/ torn etc.. I figure with Ford folks looking at this forum, maybe they could push the vendor they use to do either a better job or get another vendor, or maybe use a different product for the seats.

My issue is being handled by my normal dealer so I don't need it looked into. @Ford Motor Company look into a better vendor.
Ford Bronco Leather Seats seems torn at 80 miles IMG_5455.JPG
Ford Bronco Leather Seats seems torn at 80 miles IMG_5454.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited:

RELEGATION BATTLE

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco (2-dr.)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thatā€™s interestingā€¦. I feel like the MGV seats are indestructible and the best seats Iā€™ve ever had in a vehicle. Have had mine over a year now, and unlike ā€œleatherā€ seats, I literally canā€™t see any wear whatsoever.

OP
OP
Mlarv

Mlarv

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thatā€™s interestingā€¦. I feel like the MGV seats are indestructible and the best seats Iā€™ve ever had in a vehicle. Have had mine over a year now, and unlike ā€œleatherā€ seats, I literally canā€™t see any wear whatsoever.

Well this is the internet so.

I guess it is the luck of the draw when it comes to this kind of stuff. Most people don't come to a forum to say "Hey everything is great". they come to find answers to questions or figure out an issue they are having.

So it makes sense that you will see more issue then not on them.

I have had Fords for many many years now. This is the first time I have seen an issue on seats.

nbdybeatsthewiz

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Am I taking crazy pills or is that leather? I have MGV and that sure looks like the black leather seats. Either way, still shouldn't be splitting like that. Hopefully Ford will fix it for you

RELEGATION BATTLE

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco (2-dr.)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Am I taking crazy pills or is that leather? I have MGV and that sure looks like the black leather seats. Either way, still shouldn't be splitting like that. Hopefully Ford will fix it for you
Youā€™re not crazy. I thought the same thing, but I didnā€™t want to insult the OP regarding his own seats. Those donā€™t look like MGV to me thoughā€¦

Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That is definitely not the texture of my 21 MGV, has it changed?

OP
OP
Mlarv

Mlarv

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hum I just looked at the window sticker and it says LTHR-TRIM / VINYL BLACK SEATS. I stand corrected. I just looked at the seem and the tear and figured it was vinyl.

OP
OP
Mlarv

Mlarv

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Youā€™re not crazy. I thought the same thing, but I didnā€™t want to insult the OP regarding his own seats. Those donā€™t look like MGV to me thoughā€¦
No insults I have pretty thick skin. I guess I should read the window sticker now to see what I bought(-;

nbdybeatsthewiz

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hum I just looked at the window sticker and it says LTHR-TRIM / VINYL BLACK SEATS. I stand corrected. I just looked at the seem and the tear and figured it was vinyl.
No worries at all. Either way, the leather shouldn't be cracking and splitting like that. 80 miles or 80k miles. Hopefully the dealer/Ford can resolve.

RELEGATION BATTLE

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco (2-dr.)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was gonna say, it seems from the rips that the thickness of actual MGV would be a bit thicker, too.

Sponsored

RELEGATION BATTLE

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco (2-dr.)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
No worries at all. Either way, the leather shouldn't be cracking and splitting like that. 80 miles or 80k miles. Hopefully the dealer/Ford can resolve.
Totally agree. But the fact that it is leather would explain it not holding up to some sort of extreme ā€œtraumaā€, either by the factory, shipping, or otherwiseā€¦

Bee Bop

Badlands
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Badlands, 02 Mustang GT Vert, 91 S10
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That is actually vinyl. only the faces of the seats are leather, but it should not have torn like that.

FoxFour281

Black Diamond
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 02 Expedition EB
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford has been using the cheapest, thinnest leather for a number or years now. Wait till the bottom bolster starts showing wear šŸ™ƒ
Cloth isn't much better and hopefully this MGV is the magic ticket. Nearly a year and 18k miles and mine seats look good still.

2door

Outer Banks
First Name
AA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BroncoĀ® The Sasquatchā„¢ 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
None of the Broncos come with all-leather seats. The option is called "leather-trimmed" which means only the seating surface and the seat back are leather, all other sections are vinyl.

swami37

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Ford F-1 and 2020 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Same hereā€¦MGV is absolutely the best Iā€™ve had
Sponsored