Badlands Bronco Thread

Gpscharron

Badlands
First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FORD Bronco, RV- Ford E450 (Thor Vegas 24.1)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm debating, and maybe you guys can shed some light on the badlands advantages.
My wife is adamant about drain plug floors and marine interior, so we can clean it out easily. That means Badlands or Black Diamond. My priorities are Sasquatch, Mid package, body color hard top, and sound deadening hard top liner. I'm interested in the High package, but it's not a huge priority.

I'm not a huge rock crawler, but I will do off road trails, mud, dunes, and baja style driving. I am not sure if the sway bar disconnect is absolutely critical, or if I'd be fine without it.
Does the badlands offer something that I'm going to be really sorry I'm missing? Help me out here. :) (Yeah, I could just wait, but we have time, and maybe you guys have some insight.)
Based on what you and your wife want, BL is really your only option. You can not go wrong with the BL. You also have the option to stay with really good 33” and great set-up without going to the Sasquatch. Something you might want to consider. From there, go High package and maybe 2.7 auto and still be below 50,000. Good luck!
Sponsored

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Corsair Lexus RX350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm debating, and maybe you guys can shed some light on the badlands advantages.
My wife is adamant about drain plug floors and marine interior, so we can clean it out easily. That means Badlands or Black Diamond. My priorities are Sasquatch, Mid package, body color hard top, and sound deadening hard top liner. I'm interested in the High package, but it's not a huge priority.

I'm not a huge rock crawler, but I will do off road trails, mud, dunes, and baja style driving. I am not sure if the sway bar disconnect is absolutely critical, or if I'd be fine without it.
Does the badlands offer something that I'm going to be really sorry I'm missing? Help me out here. :) (Yeah, I could just wait, but we have time, and maybe you guys have some insight.)
As far as packages go, I believe they've already told us that some packaged items might also be available as stand-alone. As an example, a mid package comes with an 8" nav, so maybe/probably you would be able to order just the mid package... and then buy the stand-alone upgrade to the 12" nav??? I obviously don't know which items can be ordered outside of packages, yet, but I think that this is a good example. Keep wishing for the best "Build A Bronco" that we can get!

Wyo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sas Badlands, 1968 Bronco, 2018 Expy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I also agree the Badlands is likely your best option as it has all the off-road tech, advanced 4wd system standard, plus the best off-road suspension along with the Baja mode so you know they set it up as an all-around machine. You can still go slow in the rocks or high speed in the desert. Wildtrak seems the best if you want a more high speed oriented one with a slightly wider track but man that Badlands looks like it's going to be a beast with 33s (best suspension travel) or with 35s (more clearance, little less travel).

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Gearing and tire size questions. BL with the 2.3 and MT has a 4.7 ratio. I know there’s a lot of supposition but how well would that combination start and roll 37’s? What is the life expectancy of the MT/clutch with that size tire? This is not going to be a daily driver but will be used for occasional long highway trips. It will spend more time on beaches and sandbars than it will on rocks.
Jason on Autoedits (youtube) is running a JK manual with 37s, 4.10 diffs and the 3.6 pentastar (less torque). I am not sure if he re-geared from 4.10s, but he has been running 37's from the beginning with no real transmission issues. (He did break a weld on his rear axle.)

TommyTwoTone

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tekno MT410
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I think you're probably looking at a similar use case as I am...you want something you can have fun in but don't see yourself hitting up the Rubicon trail in a $50k automobile. For me it's not only the money factor but I barely have time for recreation as it is. I like the BL because it seems like the no limits option but if I'm being realistic I'm not going to use it to its full potential so there very well could be a BD in my future. I'm going to reserve making that call until after the B&P tool hits Ford's website. Heck, once I'm done optioning everything out I may just go Wildtrak.

Sponsored

vel23

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 340i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm leaning towards the Badlands, even though it's more than I originally anticipated spending. The more I've gone back and forth, I've tried to focus on future proofing the Bronco and I think Badlands does that the best for me. Do I offroad? No. But if I want to, being in Nashville, I want something that is capable of taking on these mountainous roads/trails. I think the 2.7 makes more sense long term since even though I'll rarely use that kind of power. I think getting majority of the Sasquatch package with the rubber flooring is a good deal compared to the OBX. Also, glad to see I'm not crazy for considering the lux package on this trim, which ruled out the BD for me. The wife is accustomed to the luxury creature comforts BMW offers so the compromise is to get something that would satisfy her while still being mine. I know I see all of the jokes about the mall crawlers, and I definitely fit in that coming from a sports car, but I've always wanted a Jeep to joy ride in just never liked the looks. The Bronco checked every single box and I plan on splurging on this, being a 10+ year vehicle. My parents still has the Explorer we bought 15 years/250,000 miles ago. Speaks to the longevity of Ford trucks for me and I'm ready to join the club!

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm leaning towards the Badlands, even though it's more than I originally anticipated spending. The more I've gone back and forth, I've tried to focus on future proofing the Bronco and I think Badlands does that the best for me. Do I offroad? No. But if I want to, being in Nashville, I want something that is capable of taking on these mountainous roads/trails. I think the 2.7 makes more sense long term since even though I'll rarely use that kind of power. I think getting majority of the Sasquatch package with the rubber flooring is a good deal compared to the OBX. Also, glad to see I'm not crazy for considering the lux package on this trim, which ruled out the BD for me. The wife is accustomed to the luxury creature comforts BMW offers so the compromise is to get something that would satisfy her while still being mine. I know I see all of the jokes about the mall crawlers, and I definitely fit in that coming from a sports car, but I've always wanted a Jeep to joy ride in just never liked the looks. The Bronco checked every single box and I plan on splurging on this, being a 10+ year vehicle. My parents still has the Explorer we bought 15 years/250,000 miles ago. Speaks to the longevity of Ford trucks for me and I'm ready to join the club!
Welcom to the club my friend! I’m getting Badlands with Lux too even if I’ll rarely use its full capabilities

vel23

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 340i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Welcom to the club my friend! I’m getting Badlands with Lux too even if I’ll rarely use its full capabilities
Thanks! Definitely wouldn't even use the Base to it's full capacity lol.

I think the BL specific suspension helped push me from the OBX. I'm hope with that, the 33s, and the 2.7 make it a fun ride stock. Leather seats, 12" nav, and B&O make it comfortable for the Mrs. Take the doors and roof off and go!

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Corsair Lexus RX350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm getting a Badlands, 2 Door. It will look good on the Trail, and even better at the Mall.

Sponsored

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks! Definitely wouldn't even use the Base to it's full capacity lol.

I think the BL specific suspension helped push me from the OBX. I'm hope with that, the 33s, and the 2.7 make it a fun ride stock. Leather seats, 12" nav, and B&O make it comfortable for the Mrs. Take the doors and roof off and go!
. Absolutely!! And if you ever want to sell or trade it in it will hold its value better
I'm getting a Badlands, 2 Door. It will look good on the Trail, and even better at the Mall.
I’ll see ya outside bass pro or Nordstrom’s ??

Gpscharron

Badlands
First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Best Color for Badlands? I keep going back and forth. Area 51 or C.Orange. Or something else. Are you guys having the same kind of issues?

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Best Color for Badlands? I keep going back and forth. Area 51 or C.Orange. Or something else. Are you guys having the same kind of issues?
I'm reserving judgement until we see real photos of it in every color.

Gpscharron

Badlands
First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm reserving judgement until we see real photos of it in every color.
I agree. However, I think the upgraded black top would look better on all colors.

vel23

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 340i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm leaning Cactus Grey heavily. I love the look of it with the top off. Very summer/warm weather friendly. But with the black accents, it's got a semi-menacing look without being truly intimidating. Almost like something you'd see in Mission Impossible. My car now is red and I'm never touching another red vehicle. Had to get paint matched and it still isn't.

Ford Bronco Badlands Bronco Thread 1597096582490

Ford Bronco Badlands Bronco Thread 1597096417975
Sponsored