Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

The orange 2-door on 37's is irrelevant since it's not even on Bronco suspension.
Sponsored

Bradley Thornton

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sequoia TRD sport, 2021 Badlands Sas, 93 Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm hoping that the 2in lift and 37s are a factory upgrade that would next level cool and really kill the Jeep guys could buy the Badland with the 7speed and just 2in lift with 37s. With Craw gear it would be a monster and if the let you put the 2.7 with the 7 speed game changer. Jeep can add a V8 all they want.

To be clear I have a 98 Jeep I just love the completion.

Lets talk perfect world
3.0 400hp 400tq
7 speed
37s

BadSquatch21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover and Porsches; '22 Mansquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The numbers that someone on here analyzed, taking the tires into account, seem to indicate that the lift is a little bit more on the Sasquatch package compared to the Badlands alone (.6" v. 1.2"). Same shocks, so maybe a different spring or a spacer to get a little more for 35s, but they don't appear to be the same lift.
Yup, I was that guy.

BigLig

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The orange 2-door on 37's is irrelevant since it's not even on Bronco suspension.
It is relevant in that it will be the first aftermarket suspension available. Also, it’s probably a Ford based upgrade that isn’t offered at purchase, but through their performance side... like Mopar did.

Sponsored

BadSquatch21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover and Porsches; '22 Mansquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If Sasquatch provides a 1.2" lift that means the Cyber Orange 2-door on 37s everyone is going crazy over only adds .8" more lift? I was thinking about adding the "factory installed" 2" lift and keeping 35s, but is .8" worth the extra cost if keeping 35s? .8" does not sound like enough to make a difference to me, but I am not knowledge in such topics.

Any thoughts from the experienced?
My only thought is that it is a 2" lift with Bilstein shocks. The Sasquatch comes with the Bilsteins with a 0.6" lift so that one on 37's is lifted about 1.4" over a Sasq and 2" over a Badlands and 2.6" over a base.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The 7MT's crawl gear already has a final drive ratio of 4.7:1. Sasquatch upgrades the final drive ratio of the 10R80 auto to 4.7:1.

The vast majority of the stuff on the Badlands package is also part of Sasquatch.

From what I can tell, here's what you're really "giving up" by sticking with the 7MT on the Badlands:

1. Beadlock capable rims from the factory.
2. 35" tires from the factory (comes with 33" tires instead).
3. Maybe the high-clearance fender flares.

From what I can tell, everything else that comes with the Sasquatch (locking diffs, HOSS + Bilsteins, 4.7:1 final drive ratio) is standard equipment on the Badlands with the manual transmission.

Oh, one more thing:

4. Ability to upgrade to the 2.7L V-6 (Nothing to do with Sasquatch, but it's auto only, regardless of trim, so you do give that up by running the 7MT).

Seems like a guy could go with the Badlands, add beadlock capable rims if he needed them, buy some high-clearance flares from the aftermarket, and drive on the 33s until they're worn out. When it's time to replace them, go with 35s, and you've got Sasquatch (or maybe Sasquatch minus beadlocks if you don't need/want them) with a manual transmission.
Good points you make here! So you could basically cut my DIY cost breakdown to around half. So manual being worth a little over $2K or so to you may be a go for anyone interested in taking that route.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If Sasquatch provides a 1.2" lift that means the Cyber Orange 2-door on 37s everyone is going crazy over only adds .8" more lift? I was thinking about adding the "factory installed" 2" lift and keeping 35s, but is .8" worth the extra cost if keeping 35s? .8" does not sound like enough to make a difference to me, but I am not knowledge in such topics.

Any thoughts from the experienced?
If I'm following you correctly (I may be a bit slow or touched :ROFLMAO: ) you're asking about the lift or impact of.

Well, if you're off roading, every cm can matter, but as long as you've got armor and rock sliders (Badlands does) a little rubbing won't cause damage as long as you're going slow in 4L.

Once you deflate your tires down to around 15 psi, that extra lift will come in handy. If you add the factory extra 2" that would help with the 35s, just some may think it'll look funny when not moving to 37". This should not be considered as important.

For those who may be tempted by 37s, factor in the extra unsprung weight of the running of larger tires and rolling resistance, need to upgrade the suspension, but the extra clearance is a plus.

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

It is relevant in that it will be the first aftermarket suspension available. Also, it’s probably a Ford based upgrade that isn’t offered at purchase, but through their performance side... like Mopar did.
So you think Ford is going to offer Ranger Raptor suspension as an upgrade? That's what the Bronco on 37's has. We haven't see Bronco HOSS suspension + a lift yet.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So you think Ford is going to offer Ranger Raptor suspension as an upgrade? That's what the Bronco on 37's has. We haven't see Bronco HOSS suspension + a lift yet.
That 2" lift is to be a dealer installed Ford Accessory...so yes, but not called whatever you are calling it.

Sponsored

Wyo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sas Badlands, 1968 Bronco, 2018 Expy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Reserved a 2DR Badlands and right now I'm leaning towards the 2.7L and no Sasquatch but just not sure yet. I really like the idea of optimum suspension travel on the 33s. My area has a huge mix of traditional off-roading and lots of high speed open desert. Like Ford said, this Bronco is not going to be a one trick pony! It will be able to do it all and that's why I'm excited. I'm still trying to get over how big it is compared to my 68 Bronco (dad bought new in '67) but everything is so big nowadays. Can't wait to park it next to ol' Sherpa!!

truth2ak

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
mccoys2nativealaska.net
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would caution against counting out the Sasquatch pack with the matter of fact comments from some of the others here, even though they're coming from a good place.

Do the math.

You're in Alaska, which is hilly to say the least and rocky, then add snow = off road heaven! Jokes aside, you also want the gearing upgrade that comes with Sasquatch along with the other upgrades.

Sure, you can do all of this in the aftermarket, but the cost on top of this already expensive vehicle is probably more than most people realize. Do it all yourself and we're talking around $4K out of pocket, maybe more because I'm not including labor.

Remember that you need 5 tires. BF Goodrich MTs at 35in alone are about $322 each from TireRack.com. Add an extra $75 or so per for Alaska I think. At this point you're at $2K.

Now add 5 wheels, Steelies are cheaper, but if you go for some style, that's another $1500 or so.

Move on to gearing, that'll be another $600-$800 maybe, never done it, but remember a guy talking about doing it to his JL in order to fit 37s.. Not sure if this included labor, but I'm sure someone can do this cheaper or themselves if able.

(Edited in). Forgot to bring up that I'm not sure which axle size comes with the base pack. If you run 35s on the standard axle, you're pushing it. If you're moving up to 37s, not even sure if the Dana 44 is good enough for serious off road at that tire size. Without Sasquatch, you may have other suspension parts to upgrade. The mall crawlers and poseurs probably have no idea what I'm talking about here or why it's important, but the trail runners reading here do. This can cost a little or a ton (Like $4K for a total suspension upgrade from FOX, ICON, TeraFlex, etc).

All in all, pretty pricey. I know some will choose this route, but the auto will crawl as well, just using some of the computers or an experienced driver. No judgement either way; nothing wrong with easier, it's called Future!

If you want the manual, go for it and build your own, just know the potential costs going in. Never been to Alaska, but last I checked, not much desert running, so going fast may not be the priority up yonder.
FINALLY! It sounds like you understand my personal delimna. I really appreciate your input and you have given me a lot to think about. I am probably one of the only buyers that walks out his front door and I am in the wilderness. Speaking of I won't face any desert driving but I do live on the coast so beach running and deep sand are considerations as well. As a matter of fact I face about every challenge a 4x4 can face. Ford should send a Bronco to me and let me test it since I don't have to go 4wheeling I live it.

Kinda why I thought about just buying a base and build from there cause I don't need the bells n whistles but the off road stuff the badlands has standard. Anyway thanks for taking the time to reply and again I appreciate it.

BAJA FORGED

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bajaforged.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 1968 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My main goal in building the Bronco is to stay under $50k from FORD. I cant wait until we can confirm all of these prices, so I can se which parts fit together.

There are so many possible combinations, I just don't know which will be most important to me. I guess it will be easier once a price is next to the options.

truth2ak

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
mccoys2nativealaska.net
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The 7MT's crawl gear already has a final drive ratio of 4.7:1. Sasquatch upgrades the final drive ratio of the 10R80 auto to 4.7:1.

The vast majority of the stuff on the Badlands package is also part of Sasquatch.

From what I can tell, here's what you're really "giving up" by sticking with the 7MT on the Badlands:

1. Beadlock capable rims from the factory.
2. 35" tires from the factory (comes with 33" tires instead).
3. Maybe the high-clearance fender flares.

From what I can tell, everything else that comes with the Sasquatch (locking diffs, HOSS + Bilsteins, 4.7:1 final drive ratio) is standard equipment on the Badlands with the manual transmission.

Oh, one more thing:

4. Ability to upgrade to the 2.7L V-6 (Nothing to do with Sasquatch, but it's auto only, regardless of trim, so you do give that up by running the 7MT).

Seems like a guy could go with the Badlands, add beadlock capable rims if he needed them, buy some high-clearance flares from the aftermarket, and drive on the 33s until they're worn out. When it's time to replace them, go with 35s, and you've got Sasquatch (or maybe Sasquatch minus beadlocks if you don't need/want them) with a manual transmission.
Awesome! thanks it all makes sense and seems pretty reasonable.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My main goal in building the Bronco is to stay under $50k from FORD. I cant wait until we can confirm all of these prices, so I can se which parts fit together.

There are so many possible combinations, I just don't know which will be most important to me. I guess it will be easier once a price is next to the options.
If you're getting a Badlands, staying under $50K from Ford will be difficult. Which engine are you getting?

What options are most important to you? Build it into the purchase, and it's spread out of course. Want bumpers, winch, lights, lift, etc? Package and creature comforts? Which ones?
Sponsored