Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Still haven't seen you around town yet!
My Bronco letters are now lit up so I'm easy to spot. I couldn't find a picture of your Bronco. Send me a link if you can.
Sponsored

Heckler

Wildtrak
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It gets moved up and behind the grill. Addictive Dessert Designs makes a relocation bracket. Go to the link below and you will see a link to the instructions. It takes a while to do this as you have to take the front of the truck apart and modify the wiring harness and cut a few of the slats that control the cooling intake.

https://www.addictivedesertdesigns....location-bracket-in-hammer-black_ac23152501na

I did not recalibrate my adaptive cruise control and it seems to work fine. Here is a screen grab from a video it took for my wife. This is a few hours after I took my truck home. You have to strip the front end to relocate the cruise control.

IMG_8416.PNG
Ok got it thanks for the info! It does look a bit involved but not too difficult. Cutting up your new Bronco must have been nerve wracking! Your build looks awesome!

jrollo7

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

When I got home from my trip, I put on the Fabtech Coil over lift kit, the Fabtech tie rods rear bumper, trailer hitch and lights. I then used Forescan to correct the speedo for the 35 " tires. I really appreciate all the information that is shared on this forum. It helped me pick the parts that work for me and gave me something to do while I was waiting for my truck. This is the first new car I have ever bought for myself. I always drove the hand me downs from the wife and kids.

IMG_7927.JPG

IMG_7934.JPG

IMG_7935.JPG

IMG_7940.JPG

IMG_7938.JPG

IMG_7957.JPG

img_e8355-jpg.jpg

img_e8372-jpg.jpg
Nice work. Well done.

BuckYeah

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@kunzy: Your vision was well-conceived and brilliantly realized. Bravo! I love everything you did.

Dirtrider

Black Diamond
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have a dumb question. I have a BD non-sas with the standard options (no ACC, No Lane Keep Assist, no parking sensors) but with the Modular Bumper. It still has a plastic box in the bumper opening where I believe the ACC radar is normally located. I haven't tried too hard to get into it but the box appears to be empty.
I'm going to set my bronco up for flat towing and that is one of the places where I would like to put the breakaway switch and the 6 pin flat tow connector. Is there anything in that box and is it easily removed? (It appears that it should unlatch but, again, I didn't work too hard at it for fear of damaging something).
Thanks.

Sponsored

firelo724

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks good. Im in Jup also, I have a Badlands Sasquatch. Could definitely use some help with Forscan if your interested. I have been wanting to add Sport Mode but do not trust my computer skills at all.

mtnryder56

Badlands
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 F150 SCREW FX4, Bronco 4dr Badlands SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
$5500 plus install! Real question. Why would you not just order the SAS from the beginning. Great looking rig by the way. It looks awesome, I just figured you could save money by ordering non SAS and adding aftermarket. But I was wrong

OP
OP
kunzy

kunzy

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a dumb question. I have a BD non-sas with the standard options (no ACC, No Lane Keep Assist, no parking sensors) but with the Modular Bumper. It still has a plastic box in the bumper opening where I believe the ACC radar is normally located. I haven't tried too hard to get into it but the box appears to be empty.
I'm going to set my bronco up for flat towing and that is one of the places where I would like to put the breakaway switch and the 6 pin flat tow connector. Is there anything in that box and is it easily removed? (It appears that it should unlatch but, again, I didn't work too hard at it for fear of damaging something).
Thanks.
Here is a picture of the back. There are two clips where the openings are. Just pull where the openings are and it should snap out. I went to my warehouse and took a picture of the part for you.

IMG_8418.JPG

OP
OP
kunzy

kunzy

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks good. Im in Jup also, I have a Badlands Sasquatch. Could definitely use some help with Forscan if your interested. I have been wanting to add Sport Mode but do not trust my computer skills at all.
I would be wiling to help you at your own risk. I am not a pro and do this for fun not money. I put a Ring light tail light on my neighbors Bronco for him and made a new friend. The problem for me is time. I own a business and am leaving on vacation next Wednesday. Send a number I can text to.

Sponsored
OP
OP
kunzy

kunzy

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
$5500 plus install! Real question. Why would you not just order the SAS from the beginning. Great looking rig by the way. It looks awesome, I just figured you could save money by ordering non SAS and adding aftermarket. But I was wrong
In my case it was about 5k more than the SAS and I did all the labor. Here is why I did that. The Badlands package gives you the off road stuff, lockers and sway bar disconnect so you are basically getting wheels and tires for 4k. I wanted to lift my truck and wanted to improve the performance on road and off. I did not need adjustable shocks. I did not want to do a collar lift. I did a lot of reading and thought that the Fabtech was the best fit for me. One of my coworkers has Fabtech on his F250 and he loves it. I wanted different wheels, tires and suspension so why waste the money on stuff I was going take off. I found a Christmas deal and bought he Fabtech for only $4,200 plus shipping. I really like the way it rides and would buy it at full price.

mtnryder56

Badlands
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 F150 SCREW FX4, Bronco 4dr Badlands SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In my case it was about 5k more than the SAS and I did all the labor. Here is why I did that. The Badlands package gives you the off road stuff, lockers and sway bar disconnect so you are basically getting wheels and tires for 4k. I wanted to lift my truck and wanted to improve the performance on road and off. I did not need adjustable shocks. I did not want to do a collar lift. I did a lot of reading and thought that the Fabtech was the best fit for me. One of my coworkers has Fabtech on his F250 and he loves it. I wanted different wheels, tires and suspension so why waste the money on stuff I was going take off. I found a Christmas deal and bought he Fabtech for only $4,200 plus shipping. I really like the way it rides and would buy it at full price.
Looks really good. Cheers

brian626

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Porsche Boxster S, 2022 Audi Q3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That looks amazing! I have a non sasquatch OBX and I am looking at the exact same Fabtech lift kit with the Dirt Logic coil overs and 35x12.50 Ridge Grapplers. I was looking at the Fuel Flux wheels. Are those the Fuel Rebel wheels and what offset? Also, did you adjust the coil over lift height at all, or just keep it with the factory height?

OP
OP
kunzy

kunzy

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That looks amazing! I have a non sasquatch OBX and I am looking at the exact same Fabtech lift kit with the Dirt Logic coil overs and 35x12.50 Ridge Grapplers. I was looking at the Fuel Flux wheels. Are those the Fuel Rebel wheels and what offset? Also, did you adjust the coil over lift height at all, or just keep it with the factory height?
Thank you. Those are the wheels 18x9 Here is the part number. I don't remember the offset.
FUEL Off-Road Rebel 6 D680 Wheel, 18x9 with 6 on 5.5 Bolt Pattern - Anthracite / Black - D68018908445

These are the specs from Fabtechs website.

TIRES & WHEELS
  • Use 35/12.50R17 tires w/ 17Ă—9 wheels w/ 4 1/2″ BS w/ minor trimming
  • Use 35/12.50R18 tires w/ 18Ă—9 wheels w/ 4 1/2″ BS w/ minor trimming
  • Use 35/12.50R20 tires w/ 20Ă—9 wheels w/ 4 1/2″ BS w/ minor trimming
I used the 18x9 with 4.53 backspacing.

I called Fabtech and they said you could raise the truck another inch by adjusting the height on the coil overs; however that would affect the ride and any higher could cause problems with the CV joint wear. I thought about raising it an extra inch but decided that I did not want to stress the CV joints, so I kept the coil overs ant the preset height..

Natethegreat1979

Wildtrak
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

When I got home from my trip, I put on the Fabtech Coil over lift kit, the Fabtech tie rods rear bumper, trailer hitch and lights. I then used Forescan to correct the speedo for the 35 " tires. I really appreciate all the information that is shared on this forum. It helped me pick the parts that work for me and gave me something to do while I was waiting for my truck. This is the first new car I have ever bought for myself. I always drove the hand me downs from the wife and kids.

Ford Bronco Badlands Build in Jupiter Florida IMG_8418.JPG

img_e8355-jpg.jpg

img_e8372-jpg.jpg
Those fuel wheels are incredible! Great build
Sponsored