Sponsored

Badlands Non Sas vs Sas Springs question ?

Paulj826

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is there a big difference between the coil springs on Badlands stock non sas and Badlands Sas? Adding Bilstein 6100 but using stock non sas springs wondering if i should upgrade the springs with the 6112 kit but not sure there would be much of a difference. Any thoughts?
Sponsored

Richterman

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, Superduty
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was in the same boat. I went ahead and got the 6112s. They go on Friday. I can let you know how they are

OP
OP

Paulj826

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great thanks. Thinking the price difference was about 500 , that sound about right?

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I used the Badlands non Sas springs in the 6100's. They work fine. I do think the Badlands non Sas are ever so slightly softer tho. In the front anyways. I have front and back set at highest setting. I have a little rake front to back. I'm thinking about making a half inch spacer to put under the front lower mounts to level it out.
But functionally tho the Badlands non Sas work great. Ride great.
Ford Bronco Badlands Non Sas vs Sas Springs question ? PSX_20230430_064615

OP
OP

Paulj826

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I used the Badlands non Sas springs in the 6100's. They work fine. I do think the Badlands non Sas are ever so slightly softer tho. In the front anyways. I have front and back set at highest setting. I have a little rake front to back. I'm thinking about making a half inch spacer to put under the front lower mounts to level it out.
Thanks for the feedback , what was the total lift you got using the highest setting ?

Sponsored

PizzaBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the feedback , what was the total lift you got using the highest setting ?
Definitely curious to see if it matches the Bilstein lift chart in the instructions. Iā€™ve got 6100s in my garage waiting on my Badlands.

PizzaBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What lift did you get with the highest setting? Did it match the Bilstein chart? I stuck with the factory springs to save money but also because I made the assumption they were more specific to my ride - 2.7, mod bumper, etc. Iā€™ve seen people saying they got both more lift than anticipated and less.

Your Bronco looks awesome, by the way.

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What lift did you get with the highest setting? Did it match the Bilstein chart? I stuck with the factory springs to save money but also because I made the assumption they were more specific to my ride - 2.7, mod bumper, etc. Iā€™ve seen people saying they got both more lift than anticipated and less.

Your Bronco looks awesome, by the way.
I can't say exactly. I can't find the before pics of what the measurements were!! haha

Dmk08

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Walk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have you ever tried to even this setup up by running a lower setting in the rear?

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Definitely curious to see if it matches the Bilstein lift chart in the instructions. Iā€™ve got 6100s in my garage waiting on my Badlands.
Iā€™ll try them on mine until yours comes in

Sponsored

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great looking Bronco!!
You are correct that Non-SAS Badlands springs are different than SAS springs. Non-SAS is the "Special" P/N's seen here:

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ide-lift-heights-with-wheel-tire-sizes.17719/
GhDVDXh.png

PizzaBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great looking Bronco!!
You are correct that Non-SAS Badlands springs are different than SAS springs. Non-SAS is the "Special" P/N's seen here:

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ide-lift-heights-with-wheel-tire-sizes.17719/
Ford Bronco Badlands Non Sas vs Sas Springs question ? GhDVDXh
I believe thereā€™s actually a few more than that (although they arenā€™t listed in the parts catalog) at least according to this article at Shock Surplus. My guess is that there are additional springs dependent on engine size, maybe? Or bumper? Or tow? https://www.shocksurplus.com/blogs/news/ultimate-ford-bronco-shock-buying-guide

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I believe thereā€™s actually a few more than that (although they arenā€™t listed in the parts catalog) at least according to this article at Shock Surplus. My guess is that there are additional springs dependent on engine size, maybe? Or bumper? Or tow? https://www.shocksurplus.com/blogs/news/ultimate-ford-bronco-shock-buying-guide
Here are just a few of the spring P/N's broken down by engine size, etc. You are correct that there are even more now than what was listed on this older spreadsheet.

8ZBOfdD.png

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have you ever tried to even this setup up by running a lower setting in the rear?
Nah, if I do any adjustment it would be going up... But do I care enough?!! For a half inch?! Haha.. that's a lot of work for .5"... And you see how my lazy is set up... šŸ™ƒšŸ˜‚

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the Bilstein 6100 to install on a non-sasquatch Badlands. I went to order the Sasquatch springs and used a Wildtrak VIN to pull the part numbers. Ford Parts has the part number for revision N as being for both the Badlands non-sasquatch and Wildtrak. I figured it was close enough either way to save the $800 and just reuse the springs.
Sponsored