Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
This, looking at the new comparisons of the Rubicon vs Badlands has me questioning the Sasquatch width. That and parking in my garage.
A friend cancelled his Bronco order when even the Black Diamond would be a horror to try and park in his inner-city parking garage.

These rigs have a much more square, and wider body than trails have been seeing as well. If a Jeep with narrow (metal) flares on massive tires has gone through a trail a few thousand times to rut it out, that's not the same as the portly, square-body Bronco doing the same. Bronco's are going to be taking an absolute BEATING on existing trails as they have to force the trail wider. Sasquatch equipped Bronco's don't narrow the body of the vehicle, just push other things out more. Jeeps have a narrow body with lots of cushy rubber tires at the extreme ends for a reason

Even while doing the White Rim trail in Canyonlands in a Jeep on 37" tires, the times when there was 2-way traffic could be quite narrow if you take trail edges seriously and don't want to drive off-trail (as is highly suggested and should be the objective for all wheelers where parks have asked for drivers to take this responsibility upon themselves). That's on a trail that has no real obstructions nearby.

Ford Bronco Badlands vs Sasquatch Badlands 179960284_10222763651814327_4750633507366929648_n
^^^ Hey, is that a Yellowstone colored Bronco?????
Sponsored

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What if I told you the answer you're looking for is in this very thread?
I know it is but you the one who making
What if I told you the answer you're looking for is in this very thread?
if the tire size are right that I found then the exact size deferents from a 33 to 35 tire is .825 so were you get 2 inches from

OP
OP
VelocityBrew

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know it is but you the one who making

if the tire size are right that I found then the exact size deferents from a 33 to 35 tire is .825 so were you get 2 inches from
LuL WuT

Sponsored

Its Brawnco

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Raptor, 1978 F100, 2016 Ducati Scrambler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
For what it's worth, I just came from talking with a Ford rep who had a 2-door Badlands at a nearby dealership for a couple hours to show their salesmen, and he said the extra height on a squatched badlands comes from just the tires. He said shocks and springs were the same.

Winkydee

Badlands
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Ford Econoline Cargo Van
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For what it's worth, I just came from talking with a Ford rep who had a 2-door Badlands at a nearby dealership for a couple hours to show their salesmen, and he said the extra height on a squatched badlands comes from just the tires. He said shocks and springs were the same.
I was under that same impression early on. Then I heard from many on here that the travel on the SAS Bilsteins was longer. And I know the reservoir is in the opposite direction on the SAS, but couldn't that just be flipped to accommodate the 35s?

I had also heard that the Badlands had different mounts for the Bilsteins than all other models.

I hear a lot of things...

Cbiggs

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ, 94 YJ, 04 JK, 17 Taco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great work. I knew that when the crash bars came up it would start the healthy debate up all over again, but it’s a serious subject safety wise. Bottom line for me is that they stay on my non-satch badlands unless I’m headed into heavy mud and rut. They come off in two bolts, I believe.

Sponsored

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Only in a forum like this would a bunch of guys argue over fractions of an inch. The girls don't notice. 😄 One guy says the tires are 2" difference, which makes 1" higher height. The other guy says they're only 1.7" different, which is .85" higher. She says she can't tell the difference. :LOL:

Him: "Honey, it's 5 1/2 inches, not 5 inches. Huge difference. HUGE DIFFERENCE!"

Her: "Umm, OK'.
💀

Last edited:

talbot

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr BL AMB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Only in a forum like this would a bunch of guys argue over fractions of an inch. The girls don't notice. 😄 One guy says the tires are 2" difference, which makes 1" higher height. The other guy says they're only 1.7" different, which is .85" higher. She says she can't tell the difference. :LOL:

"Honey, it's 5 1/2 inches, not 5 inches. Huge difference. HUGE DIFFERENCE!"

"Umm, OK'.
💀
source.gif

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was helping the neighbor load an aerator into his F250 and said, "Are these 35s?" He said they are 37s. I realize now I may have insulted his manhood. 💀

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great work. I knew that when the crash bars came up it would start the healthy debate up all over again, but it’s a serious subject safety wise. Bottom line for me is that they stay on my non-satch badlands unless I’m headed into heavy mud and rut. They come off in two bolts, I believe.
Good Lord.

"serious subject safety wise"

Cbiggs

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ, 94 YJ, 04 JK, 17 Taco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good Lord.

"serious subject safety wise"
Well maybe not so serious. Maybe They’re just ugly and useless, 🤷‍♂️. Good vibes!
Sponsored