First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 2019 F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hi does anybody have any input on the bajakits or stage 8 icon kit?

I finally received my bronco and have decided that I’d like it to replace my utv so I can cut down on my off-road rigs. We live between northern Nevada and Arizona so high speed desert is mainly the priority and it’ll still be driven almost daily. I’m fine spending 15k ish but just unsure what direction to go.
Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

OP
OP
Tbrownski

Tbrownski

Black Diamond
First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 2019 F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Lot of threads on the Icons, as well as the large thread on Icons sponsor forum.
Search results for query: icon stage | Bronco6G - 2021+ Ford Bronco & Bronco Raptor Forum, News, Blog & Owners Community

Same for the Baja kits.
Search results for query: baja kits | Bronco6G - 2021+ Ford Bronco & Bronco Raptor Forum, News, Blog & Owners Community

Not really apples to apples though and your needs should dictate between the two which you want or need
Yeah I guess the apples to apples
Is what I’m trying to figure out. Is the Baja kits worth spending another 6k or so just to extend my track width 6” because they both look like the same travel and everything else besides for that

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Unless the baja kits are designed poorly, they should not have the same travel. The Icons are still bound by the factory geometry, and a mid or long travel setup should beat them, regardless of how good they are. It really depends on what you are doing and how much you need that extra travel and width. If I was doing high speed stuff in open areas, the mid/long setup would be appealing but I do more slow, tight stuff that I'm already too wide for at times.

I'd ask people that have them for real numbers of travel. My Icons say up to 11.5 inches of travel, but I'm sure I'm well short of that.

Last edited:

HaugenRacing

Raptor
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Yeah I guess the apples to apples
Is what I’m trying to figure out. Is the Baja kits worth spending another 6k or so just to extend my track width 6” because they both look like the same travel and everything else besides for that
The reason it's wider is to have more travel. Icons kit does not have as much travel. Baja lengthens all the arms increasing the track width and in turn increasing how far the wheel travels. Icon is really more of a do it all kit IMO. Whereas Baja is specialized for high speed.

Sponsored

IwannaGOfast

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Ranger Long Travel, 2014 Cruze Commuter
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Last edited:

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Wicked Creations is another option you could look at for long travel. They have a 3.5" kit and a 5" kit

https://wicked-creations.com/wc-2021-ford-bronco-3.5-lt-kit/

Is it for the raptor on paddles in your thumbnail? I'm pretty sure none of these will work on the raptor.
What are you pretty sure about? the UCAs and LCAs appear to have the SAME mount point size. Should bolt right on...I've measured them extensively and compared to Non raptor dimensions.

IwannaGOfast

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Ranger Long Travel, 2014 Cruze Commuter
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What are you pretty sure about? the UCAs and LCAs appear to have the SAME mount point size. Should bolt right on...I've measured them extensively and compared to Non raptor dimensions.
I am not that familiar with the raptor suspension. The upper arms on the raptor have a big bend in them. If you mounted the mostly flat upper arms from one of these long travel kits it would require a much taller spindle to work correctly.

Also none of these companies claim their products will work on both standard and raptor broncos.

Ford Bronco Bajakits vs Icon stage 8 suspension Compress_20230318_091640_0421
Sponsored