Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ordered the BAMF Overland Bronco Bumper mid Feb. It took a while to get but everything does today. I just got done installing it today on my 2dr Badlands 2.7 Lux.

Jerry has solutions for ALL the sensors.
VERY well made. Steel is reinforced well. Shackle points are thick and welded strong.
The coating is not crinkle paint or powder coat. It is a tough but flexible coating that can be repaired with heat!!!
There is a bull bar option that I didn't want (for camera reasons). If I didn't have the grill camera I would have gotten it.
This is the most low profile winch bumper I have seen for a 2.7. Winch is nice and tucked.
You can still use your front camera!!!!
See pics below:

Front view.
Ford Bronco BAMF Overland Front Bumper (Bay Area Metal Fab) Installed & Review IMG_3117

You can see the parking sensors. I tested them and they work as normal. This is an option.
The ACC (Automatic Cruise Control) sensor has been moved behind the grill. You can see two silver circles below the "R" in the grill.

Side view:
Ford Bronco BAMF Overland Front Bumper (Bay Area Metal Fab) Installed & Review IMG_3118

Not the best pic but you can see the overhang is not bad at all for a winch bumper and still fairly in line with the skid.

Nose down:
Ford Bronco BAMF Overland Front Bumper (Bay Area Metal Fab) Installed & Review IMG_3120

I installed the Warn EVO VR 10S winch. You can see the cables running behind the winch. I still need to clean that up a bit. I also some Factor 55 accessories. :)

Solenoid in Engine Bay:
Ford Bronco BAMF Overland Front Bumper (Bay Area Metal Fab) Installed & Review IMG_3119

The bracket attaches to the bolt that holds the battery. It is tilted to the right and down. The hookup for the controller is closest to you. After attaching the controller you can soft close the hood. This option includes the extended cables for relocation.

One of my favorite views: The Grill Camera
Ford Bronco BAMF Overland Front Bumper (Bay Area Metal Fab) Installed & Review IMG_3122

You can see the winch but your view is still great for picking your lines from inside the truck, as you can see.

The installation instructions are incomplete IMO which made the install harder than it needed to be. I worked on this for 12 hours one day, 3 the next (after work) and took off and worked 5 hours on the 3rd day to complete.

I had to add 6 inches to three wires on each side of the harness for the Parking Sensors. That took me a few hours using solder and heat shrink. I wrote Jerry to offer a suggestion in solving that.

Several parts of this had no documentation. The solenoid relocation was one and I only found a pic on his site I had not seen before after spending more than an hour trying to figure it out.

Regarding the coating. First, it was packed for shipping perfectly and arrived with no damage at all. I have to say I also manhandled the bumper a lot during installation. Not a single chip. I know it will see much more punishment in Ouray, CO in 2 weeks but so far so good. I will update this if it doesn't hold up to abuse.

I LOVE this bumper and highly recommend it.
Sponsored

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That looks so good, I ordered the same one with a bull bar and can't wait to pick it up. By far the best tucked bumper for the 2.7.

madbaird

Wildtrak
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I ordered mine at the beginning of May. Still waiting for mine to arrive. Yours looks great! Di you have the ACC relocation too? @kpark_67 how long did it take you to install?

LSU Jonno

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How well does the ACC work with the sensor relocated behind the grill? Seems this has been hit or miss for folks.

NoloBronco

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ordered the BAMF Overland Bronco Bumper mid Feb. It took a while to get but everything does today. I just got done installing it today on my 2dr Badlands 2.7 Lux.

Jerry has solutions for ALL the sensors.
VERY well made. Steel is reinforced well. Shackle points are thick and welded strong.
The coating is not crinkle paint or powder coat. It is a tough but flexible coating that can be repaired with heat!!!
There is a bull bar option that I didn't want (for camera reasons). If I didn't have the grill camera I would have gotten it.
This is the most low profile winch bumper I have seen for a 2.7. Winch is nice and tucked.
You can still use your front camera!!!!
See pics below:

Front view.
Ford Bronco BAMF Overland Front Bumper (Bay Area Metal Fab) Installed & Review IMG_3122

You can see the parking sensors. I tested them and they work as normal. This is an option.
The ACC (Automatic Cruise Control) sensor has been moved behind the grill. You can see two silver circles below the "R" in the grill.

Side view:

Not the best pic but you can see the overhang is not bad at all for a winch bumper and still fairly in line with the skid.

Nose down:

I installed the Warn EVO VR 10S winch. You can see the cables running behind the winch. I still need to clean that up a bit. I also some Factor 55 accessories. :)

Solenoid in Engine Bay:

The bracket attaches to the bolt that holds the battery. It is tilted to the right and down. The hookup for the controller is closest to you. After attaching the controller you can soft close the hood. This option includes the extended cables for relocation.

One of my favorite views: The Grill Camera

You can see the winch but your view is still great for picking your lines from inside the truck, as you can see.

The installation instructions are incomplete IMO which made the install harder than it needed to be. I worked on this for 12 hours one day, 3 the next (after work) and took off and worked 5 hours on the 3rd day to complete.

I had to add 6 inches to three wires on each side of the harness for the Parking Sensors. That took me a few hours using solder and heat shrink. I wrote Jerry to offer a suggestion in solving that.

Several parts of this had no documentation. The solenoid relocation was one and I only found a pic on his site I had not seen before after spending more than an hour trying to figure it out.

Regarding the coating. First, it was packed for shipping perfectly and arrived with no damage at all. I have to say I also manhandled the bumper a lot during installation. Not a single chip. I know it will see much more punishment in Ouray, CO in 2 weeks but so far so good. I will update this if it doesn't hold up to abuse.

I LOVE this bumper and highly recommend it.
Looks great. How large are the fog pockets? 2 or 4”?

Sponsored
OP
OP
kpark_67

kpark_67

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How well does the ACC work with the sensor relocated behind the grill? Seems this has been hit or miss for folks.
Mine is working great. You can tilt it up and down and then lock it. I made sure it was pointing strait ahead and tested it on the highway. Mine works without issue.

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got mine installed and also no issues with ACC AT ALL.

20220709_103937.jpg
20220710_130959.jpg

RLW

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Lexus GS 300, 2022 Badlands, 2022 Honda Odyss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@dcg2

could you post a picture of what the front camera view looks like with your bumper?
Since you have the bull bar. Would love to know how much that affects the view. Also if it makes the over head view look odd.
Probably going to order this bumper but on the fence about the bull bar. Like the look better with the bull bar.
thanks.

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@dcg2

could you post a picture of what the front camera view looks like with your bumper?
Since you have the bull bar. Would love to know how much that affects the view. Also if it makes the over head view look odd.
Probably going to order this bumper but on the fence about the bull bar. Like the look better with the bull bar.
thanks.
Sure. Here you go! My Bronco has a mustache in the overhead. I still find the front view very usable.

20220720_155214.jpg
20220720_155052.jpg

Sponsored

RLW

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Lexus GS 300, 2022 Badlands, 2022 Honda Odyss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@dcg2
You the man!
Thanks
I like the bronco’s stache!
Really doesn’t block it too much.
And I guess if it ever really bothered me there is at least 1 company that makes a relocation for the camera at the fairlead.
Also did the mesh inserts come black or bare metal/silver?
Thanks again

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@dcg2
You the man!
Thanks
I like the bronco’s stache!
Really doesn’t block it too much.
And I guess if it ever really bothered me there is at least 1 company that makes a relocation for the camera at the fairlead.
Also did the mesh inserts come black or bare metal/silver?
Thanks again
No problem!
The mesh is black. Same finish as the other parts.

Reactions: RLW
OP
OP
kpark_67

kpark_67

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just got back from the inaugural off road trip to Ouray, CO. The bumper did great. It kissed the ground a few times but no damage at all to the coating. Broncos are still rare enough up there that I was a bit of a celebrity. Lots of people taking pictures while on trails.

BTW, the Bronco did GREAT on the trails. The harder ones were Black Bear, Mineral Creek and Imogene. The Bronco ate the trails without a hickup.

monkeysdad

Outer Banks
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
@dcg2

I just received my BAMF bumper today. Did you use their relocation bracket or did you come up with a different mounting solution in the engine bay?
Sponsored