Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@dcg2

I just received my BAMF bumper today. Did you use their relocation bracket or did you come up with a different mounting solution in the engine bay?
I used the relo bracket, but since I used a Badlands winch I had to disassemble the control module, re-work the components to make them smaller, then 3D printed an enclosure for them.
Sponsored

OP
OP
kpark_67

kpark_67

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@dcg2

I just received my BAMF bumper today. Did you use their relocation bracket or did you come up with a different mounting solution in the engine bay?
I used the bracket. It is the next to the last pic in my original post. It actually works great. It attaches to the front battery tray bolt.

LSU Jonno

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I really wanted a bumper that relocated the ACC sensor to the front of the bumper so that it would guarantee that it worked but I'm slowly coming around to this bumper after all of the good reviews.

I love the "tube wings" on the side of this one, and love the position of the winch. Just wish it relocated the ACC module next to the fairlead and this would be a no brainer for me.

LSU Jonno

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I used the relo bracket, but since I used a Badlands winch I had to disassemble the control module, re-work the components to make them smaller, then 3D printed an enclosure for them.
So the Badland Apex fits in the bumper, but the solenoid pack is too big for the relocation to the engine bay? I was planning on rolling with the badland winch also, but now I'm wondering if I should just get the EVO 12 S if I go with this option.

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So the Badland Apex fits in the bumper, but the solenoid pack is too big for the relocation to the engine bay? I was planning on rolling with the badland winch also, but now I'm wondering if I should just get the EVO 12 S if I go with this option.
You can mount the Badlands control module unmolested on the left side of the engine bay using an ARB style mount that is intended to be used with an ARB compressor. See https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/bamf-bumper-outifitted-and-ready.39444/post-1423171

However, if you want the option to have that space available for an actual ARB compressor, then you'll either:

Want to rework the Badlands control module like I did and use the BAMF relo bracket which mounts it over by the battery

OR

Buy a Warren winch that has a smaller control module that easily fits with the BAMF relo bracket

Last edited:

Sponsored

LSU Jonno

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You can mount the Badlands control module unmolested on the left side of the engine bay using an ARB style mount that is intended to be used with an ARB compressor. See https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/bamf-bumper-outifitted-and-ready.39444/post-1423171

However, if you want the option to have that space available for an actual ARB compressor, then you'll either:

Want to rework the Badlands control module like I did and use the BAMF relo bracket which mounts it over by the battery

OR

Buy a Warren winch that has a smaller control module that easily fits with the BAMF relo bracket
Thanks. Looks like I might be going the EVO route then. I do want to preserve the air compressor space.

OP
OP
kpark_67

kpark_67

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks. Looks like I might be going the EVO route then. I do want to preserve the air compressor space.
Can't go wrong with the Warn EVO. I installed the 10S and it fits great in the bumper and with the the solenoid relocation.

NoloBronco

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That looks so good, I ordered the same one with a bull bar and can't wait to pick it up. By far the best tucked bumper for the 2.7.
Hello, can you snap some shots from the side but further out capturing the whole front end? Looks good. Your install has me close to ordering this bumper.

OP
OP
kpark_67

kpark_67

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hello, can you snap some shots from the side but further out capturing the whole front end? Looks good. Your install has me close to ordering this bumper.
Currently I can't. On my inaugural trip to Ouray for my Bronco I also went to Denver. It turns out just driving in Denver is more dangerous than Black Bear. I got rear ended in a hit and run. So the truck is in the shop being repaired. On a positive not the car that hit me was busted all to hell and very little damage to the Bronco.

I can tell you that there the bumper does not stick out as far as on other bumpers. With a 2.7 I don't think there is another bumper that tucks everything in as much while being able to use the grill camera and automatic cruise control.

Bronco should be out of surgery next week and I will get a pic for you. Will also look through my wife's pics of our Ouray trip to see if one fits your needs.

OP
OP
kpark_67

kpark_67

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, probably not exactly the angle you were looking for but here is a side pic from farther away.
Ford Bronco BAMF Overland Front Bumper (Bay Area Metal Fab) Installed & Review Bumper

Sponsored

NoloBronco

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can't go wrong with the Warn EVO. I installed the 10S and it fits great in the bumper and with the the solenoid relocation.
Do we know if the Smittybuilt controller will mount to the relo bracket?

cburke996

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'67 Firebird, E39 M5, Lotus Elise
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@kpark_67 your post inspired me to pick up the same bumper. It looks great, love how tucked up it is with the winch. Did you make any suspension changes to compensate for the added weight?

OP
OP
kpark_67

kpark_67

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@kpark_67 your post inspired me to pick up the same bumper. It looks great, love how tucked up it is with the winch. Did you make any suspension changes to compensate for the added weight?
I am so glad you like it as much as I do! I haven't felt the need to make any suspension changes as of yet. It still handles very well off roading and on road so far. Doesn't feel nose heavy or droopy in in the front.
Sponsored