Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F350 King Ranch / 2017 Ford Explorer Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you, I’ll get those lights ordered. Looking forward to that bumper!
Sponsored

Jermd21

Raptor
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F250 4x4; 2013 Expy 4x4; 1984 F250 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Sorry to be that guy, but I was dead set on this front bumper until I received my Bronco Raptor golden ticket email. Do you guys have any thoughts on if this bumper will be compatible or not with the Raptor Broncos? Also, the same question applies to the soon to be released rear bumper.

OP
OP
BAMF

BAMF

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bayareametalfab.com
Vehicle(s)
Two 2021 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry to be that guy, but I was dead set on this front bumper until I received my Bronco Raptor golden ticket email. Do you guys have any thoughts on if this bumper will be compatible or not with the Raptor Broncos? Also, the same question applies to the soon to be released rear bumper.

We have to see it in person to know for sure but all the pictures I see the front end is the same as far as the bumper is concerned.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Got my replacement hitch today. Thanks!

AlifromCali

Wildtrak
First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I placed my order for the winch bumper yesterday but I just noticed there is no mention of parking sensors and airbag activation sensors on the website. Is the BAMF winch bumper compatible with these sensors?

Sponsored
OP
OP
BAMF

BAMF

Badlands
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bayareametalfab.com
Vehicle(s)
Two 2021 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I placed my order for the winch bumper yesterday but I just noticed there is no mention of parking sensors and airbag activation sensors on the website. Is the BAMF winch bumper compatible with these sensors?
You would need to select the LUX or High package in the options to have the sensor locations included with the order.
As for the air bag question. Air bags use accelerometers not the actual impact of the crash to trigger. It's the rapid deceleration "the sudden stop" the triggers the air bag not the contact on the vehicle. The Bumper is a direct connection to the frame so the forces are transferred nearly instantly. I have yet to read a single post/article of an aftermarket bumper from any manufacture on any make or model not allowing air bags to function on a modern vehicle.

Firefight911

Wildtrak
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4-door Wildtrak, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You would need to select the LUX or High package in the options to have the sensor locations included with the order.
As for the air bag question. Air bags use accelerometers not the actual impact of the crash to trigger. It's the rapid deceleration "the sudden stop" the triggers the air bag not the contact on the vehicle. The Bumper is a direct connection to the frame so the forces are transferred nearly instantly. I have yet to read a single post/article of an aftermarket bumper from any manufacture on any make or model not allowing air bags to function on a modern vehicle.
Just so you are aware, there is a reset procedure that recalibrates the RCM when installing the Ford winch plate and winch. This is an airbags recalibration step through use of FDRS. This is most likely what is being referred to here.

AlifromCali

Wildtrak
First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thank you BAMF! Can't wait to get the bumper and winch installed and post some pictures!

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@BAMF Hey Jerry, can you post some pictures of your winch solenoid relocation kit? It would be nice to see the work involved with putting the solenoid in the engine bay. Thanks!

armandom

Badlands
First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@BAMF Hey Jerry, can you post some pictures of your winch solenoid relocation kit? It would be nice to see the work involved with putting the solenoid in the engine bay. Thanks!
Bump

Sponsored
OP
OP
BAMF

BAMF

Badlands
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bayareametalfab.com
Vehicle(s)
Two 2021 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry I don't have much time for the forums/online messages, We are extreamly shorthanded in the shop so I'm currently on the production floor trying to get orders out the door faster.

I'm doing all of the installation instructions this weekend. Bumper, ACC relocate and mod bumper parking sensor removal (still need a plastic bumper to rip apart for those instructions). I'm installing A Warn Evo 12k Winch Drafting installation instructions/getting pictures of all angles with the 1" forward solenoid bracket on top of the winch. As well as the full relocate to under the hood. I've been waiting on wire to make the longer leads for the kits and extreamly short on time lately pretty much why it's happening on the weekend. And we just shipped a ton of LUX equipped bronco bumpers that need instructions asap!

I should have .pdf install instructions with pictures for all but the sensor removal of the plastic bumper next week.

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sorry I don't have much time for the forums/online messages, We are extreamly shorthanded in the shop so I'm currently on the production floor trying to get orders out the door faster.

I'm doing all of the installation instructions this weekend. Bumper, ACC relocate and mod bumper parking sensor removal (still need a plastic bumper to rip apart for those instructions). I'm installing A Warn Evo 12k Winch Drafting installation instructions/getting pictures of all angles with the 1" forward solenoid bracket on top of the winch. As well as the full relocate to under the hood. I've been waiting on wire to make the longer leads for the kits and extreamly short on time lately pretty much why it's happening on the weekend. And we just shipped a ton of LUX equipped bronco bumpers that need instructions asap!

I should have .pdf install instructions with pictures for all but the sensor removal of the plastic bumper next week.
Do you have any updates on the installation photos and .pdf?

OP
OP
BAMF

BAMF

Badlands
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bayareametalfab.com
Vehicle(s)
Two 2021 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you have any updates on the installation photos and .pdf?

They are just about complete. We still have to finish the mod bumper parking sensor instructions and they will be up on the site.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They are just about complete. We still have to finish the mod bumper parking sensor instructions and they will be up on the site.

And then on to the rear bumper with swing gate?!?!?!?!?

armandom

Badlands
First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Haha, I second that!