First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any pics of the final rear tail gate setup?
I don't have the tailgate bracket yet...the fabricator is custom bending it for Raptor hinges (so others who go the Raptor hinge route have an option). I believe it gets cut out this week and I will post pics ASAP. I discovered that a regular RC bracket or others out there for OEM hinges won't work well because the Raptor hinges are 1/2 inch taller...so there needs to be a different bend to compensate for that height. If I just want to throw a MFC can holder on without a tailgate bracket that works, but I hope to not only strengthen the entire gate setup torsionally but also run the can holder.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
BAMF

BAMF

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bayareametalfab.com
Vehicle(s)
Two 2021 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The tail gate bracket now has clearance added for the factory sasquatch wheels an tires. We also added the universal mount plate and rotopax mount to the site. the Jerry can holder as well as other mounts will be on the site shortly.

Ford Bronco BAMF Tailgate reinforcement top view

Ford Bronco BAMF Tailgate reinforcement universal mount plate
Ford Bronco BAMF Tailgate reinforcement rotopax plate

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The tail gate bracket now has clearance added for the factory sasquatch wheels an tires. We also added the universal mount plate and rotopax mount to the site. the Jerry can holder as well as other mounts will be on the site shortly.

Did you clearance the center section? My BAMF bracket interfered with mounting my OEM spare tire carrier and I had to file some corners down to try to get it to fit. Eventually I grew tired of filing and cut the center section completely out (because it is not needed for anyone running a spare and it shaved off nearly 10 pounds).

OP
OP
BAMF

BAMF

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bayareametalfab.com
Vehicle(s)
Two 2021 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes the whole section has been tucked back .375" to also clear the inside of the tire mount.

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes the whole section has been tucked back .375" to also clear the inside of the tire mount.
That'll do it...I needed only about 1/16 shaved off for minimum clearance, but the more the better to allow some side to side adjustment. I opted for stronger hinges because just about any bracket and even minimum accessories can easily put the overall weight on the tailgate above the 133 pound max. Are your hinge mounting holes still 12x18 mm or did you reduce them to eliminate the need for large diameter washers?

Sponsored

zyglyrox

Base
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 BaseSAS / ‘21 Bronco Sport BB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So I installed my reinforcement bracket tonight. Unfortunately it mustve been bent in shipping, it was almost 2.5in to flush from the hinge holes to the tire carrier holes. I bent it back to the best but it's still wonky af.

How do yall center the tailgate afterwards? I'm finding it feels more solid while closing but it's sitting low on one side.

The mount itself is top notch work, and the coating is sweet.

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I installed my reinforcement bracket tonight. Unfortunately it mustve been bent in shipping, it was almost 2.5in to flush from the hinge holes to the tire carrier holes. I bent it back to the best but it's still wonky af.

How do yall center the tailgate afterwards? I'm finding it feels more solid while closing but it's sitting low on one side.

I used shims under the gate and in the sides after removing the spare but before loosening the gate...so when I added the bracket the gate did not move. If you did not do that, add shims under the gate on the sides so it doesn't drop, remove the spare and loosen the carrier and the hinges and adjust the gate level side to side. When you adjust height on the driver side, make it so that the part on the pillar lightly contacts the bottom of the striker mechanism on the gate (the nylon/plastic glide part..adjust the shims accordingly). That way, even though the gate will be slightly higher on the driver side than it is on the passenger side, when your spare is back on the latch will be centered in the striker.

Last edited:

Defyfate11

First Edition
First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Camry TRD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I used shims under the gate and in the sides after removing the spare but before loosening the gate...so when I added the bracket the gate did not move. If you did not do that, add shims under the gate on the sides so it doesn't drop, remove the spare and loosen the carrier and the hinges and adjust the gate level side to side. When you adjust height on the driver side, make it so that the part on the gate lightly contacts the top of the striker mechanism (the nylon/plastic glide part..adjust the shims accordingly). That way, even though the gate will be slightly higher on the driver side than it is on the passenger side, when your spare is back on the latch will be centered in the striker.
Is your setup completed yet? I would like to see the final pictures!!!

zyglyrox

Base
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I used shims under the gate and in the sides after removing the spare but before loosening the gate...so when I added the bracket the gate did not move. If you did not do that, add shims under the gate on the sides so it doesn't drop, remove the spare and loosen the carrier and the hinges and adjust the gate level side to side. When you adjust height on the driver side, make it so that the part on the gate lightly contacts the top of the striker mechanism (the nylon/plastic glide part..adjust the shims accordingly). That way, even though the gate will be slightly higher on the driver side than it is on the passenger side, when your spare is back on the latch will be centered in the striker.
Thank you! I went outside and adjusted everything, got it centered on all four corners and it looks amazing.

Defyfate11

First Edition
First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Camry TRD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Thank you! I went outside and adjusted everything, got it centered on all four corners and it looks amazing.
Pics please.... I want to see. By far this is the best spare tire reinforcement or delete out there!!!

Sponsored

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I gave up on the BAMF because of some initial fitment issues (interference with my factory spare and with my tire carrier) but BAMF has since addressed those issues with their newer builds. I also couldn't get past the super large (12x18 mm) slotted holes where the plate mounted directly to the my hinges (because of potential movement/the oversized washers dishing when the bolts were torqued)...and decided to go another direction and upgrade my hinges and have a plate from a different vendor created specifically for those Raptor hinges. I will be able to mount the upcoming Jerry can holder from the same vendor directly on the plate with no additional brackets. These hinges are far more robust than the OEM radiused ones and they provide a flat mounting surface with out relying on the bolts that mount the tailgate to mount the plate. The BAMF plate looks great but for my purposes I was trying to save weight and not have to rely on my tailgate nutplates to serve double duty, hence the hinge swap. The upgraded hinges require a different tailgate plate because they are 1/2 taller than OEM (and that changes the plate angle requirement).
20220915_175650.jpg
20220915_175641.jpg

Defyfate11

First Edition
First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Camry TRD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I gave up on the BAMF because of some initial fitment issues (interference with my factory spare and with my tire carrier) but BAMF has since addressed those issues with their newer builds. I also couldn't get past the super large (12x18 mm) slotted holes where the plate mounted directly to the my hinges (because of potential movement/the oversized washers dishing when the bolts were torqued)...and decided to go another direction and upgrade my hinges and have a plate from a different vendor created specifically for those Raptor hinges. I will be able to mount the upcoming Jerry can holder from the same vendor directly on the plate with no additional brackets. These hinges are far more robust than the OEM radiused ones and they provide a flat mounting surface with out relying on the bolts that mount the tailgate to mount the plate. The BAMF plate looks great but for my purposes I was trying to save weight and not have to rely on my tailgate nutplates to serve double duty, hence the hinge swap. The upgraded hinges require a different tailgate plate because they are 1/2 taller than OEM (and that changes the plate angle requirement).
Ford Bronco BAMF Tailgate reinforcement 20220915_175641
Ford Bronco BAMF Tailgate reinforcement 20220915_175641
I wonder how hard it would be to get the door hinge pin removed and fabricate a beefier hinge that has a flat surface area and have two dowl pins that can slide the tailgate reinforcement on before bolting? This would be a huge improvement over the BAMF design, if to complicated then I probably will go down the same path as you...

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wonder how hard it would be to get the door hinge pin removed and fabricate a beefier hinge that has a flat surface area and have two dowl pins that can slide the tailgate reinforcement on before bolting? This would be a huge improvement over the BAMF design, if to complicated then I probably will go down the same path as you...
The Raptor hinges are so much easier...the drift pins would be a royal PITA to remove, if it is even possible, and by the time someone fabricated an equivalent he'd have a crap ton of money into it. Ford wants about 600 for both, there is a website I use that sells them for 194 each...IMHO having WAY stronger hinges (which would increase the tailgate capacity if a plate is used) beats just adding weight to the spindly OEM hinges. Check out the difference...if weight concern wasn't a thing the Raptor would not be using them. Ford must have figured out that more weight bouncing around warranted stronger hinges. My plate will weigh 14 (BAMF is like 24), my MFC carrier should be about 5 (BAMF is far heavier but very well built), and a MFC is 6 pounds (Jerry is about 14).
20220915_165539.jpg

Last edited:

zyglyrox

Base
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Buck₩ild

Black Diamond
First Name
Buck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Willys, Bronco BD, Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford Bronco BAMF Tailgate reinforcement D8F39A00-7626-4F21-BC96-9B37E352291D
Ford Bronco BAMF Tailgate reinforcement D8F39A00-7626-4F21-BC96-9B37E352291D
Where can I get this, please share info.... Like these hinges better
Sponsored