Brandon Miller

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just tapped the tailgate and threaded the bumpers in with the bolts provided. Done, spare back on. Now I need to figure out how to limit the tailgate travel so I can mount a double water/fuel holder next to the tire (rotopax mount with extension to mount two 1 gallons for water/fuel). This seems like a very simple bracket for you to sell, and not exactly difficult to fabricate as well.

PXL_20221219_203739111.jpg

mvilla

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4-door Badlands Bronco w/ Sasquatch package
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does anyone know if this would work with the DV8 rear license plate relocation bracket?

Sponsored

isaacfinnegan

Badlands
First Name
Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Finished product (MFC carrier is almost finished):

20221013_183116.jpg
20221013_183109.jpg
20221013_183121.jpg
How is the lower part mounted? The hinges pictured above in post #166 look similar to stock hinges and don't have additional tapped holes to bolt into.
Asking, as I have the hammerbilt mounting for raptor hinges, but the hinges I got are like the ones in post #`166. Not sure how to mount this thing.

Mine pictured here:
Ford Bronco BAMF Tailgate reinforcement PXL_20240317_005441431.MP

Last edited:

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How is the lower part mounted? The hinges pictured above in post #166 look similar to stock hinges and don't have additional tapped holes to bolt into.
Asking, as I have the hammerbilt mounting for raptor hinges, but the hinges I got are like the ones in post #`166. Not sure how to mount this thing.

Mine pictured here:
Ford Bronco BAMF Tailgate reinforcement PXL_20240317_005441431.MP
That lower hinge is not a Raptor hinge...the Raptor hinge has the same configuration as the upper hinge shown in your picture (different part number, however).

The older HB plate was drilled with wider holes to fit the OEM hinge, and I believe the newer version has holes that will fit either the OEM hinges (by using RTR spacers or HB delrin tapered spacers), OR using the more closely spaced threaded holes on the Raptor hinges. How did you get mismatched hinges? I have a spare set of OEM hinges in carbon gray if anyone wants them, but if you want to use your setup you need another (lower) Raptor hinge (or go with an OEM upper and use spacers...but that IMHO would defeat the purpose of using the stronger Raptor hinges).
Sponsored