First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 4runner, 2014 E class
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, most tires stated as a 33 or 35 etc etc USUALLY measure about 1/2" smaller.
Toyo say 34.5" on these.
I view the "35's" and 315/70's as the same, you're talking a tenth inch or two difference is all.
Each brand MAY be different, fwiw....

Well, let's see ... pull up a chair, grab a beer, it's a story...
.... I was getting frantic seeing est. ship dates of MAR or APR
.... was checking about every major place that has tires several (hundred) times a day. LOL
... was strongly leaning towards the 285/75 , but since there was only .6" diff , I was checking on these 35's also.
... all of a sudden, one day, Summit Racing had 5 on hand, ready to ship .... I jumped on them MF'ers so freaking fast. LOL

Similar with the wheels. Method didn't even list the +35 Titanium, apparently they were not getting released until late DEC (im guessing) ... I had to figure out there part number encryption, Google searched that ... found a few sites listing them that way .... not in stock BUT "We can alert you when they are available" !
I set the alerts at a few places, CARiD sent the alert first, but I could only get 4 .... was able to score the 5th a few days later, same place.

Also, need to add, I bought Motorcraft TPMS68 sensors (Rock Auto), they have been read by the system with no issues ... BUT ... I am uncertain if they read the correct position when you look at the screen.
I installed the wheel/tire on the Bronco myself, tire place only mounted and balanced. (local Firestone)
They said they would check it for me and reprogram if needed.
I guess I thought I wouldn’t need TPMS sensors as the stock wheels would have them … am I not correct? Could you not use the sensors that came with the steelies?
Sponsored

wetdog

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Not surprising considering the industrial environment I drive it into everyday. Steel mills are extremely corrosive.
Plus the various chlorides they put on the roads the past few weeks for snow and ice.
It was clean when I took delivery.
But, Yes, DMG survivor.
Beautiful job i wish I had mine enjoy itđź‘Ť

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee Overland
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I was going to leave my base stock... at least for 15k - 20k miles and then maybe keep the stock tires and rims for the snow and get new tires and rims for otherwise. I was also thinking of taking the stock silver steelies and trying to get a color match (hot pepper) and doing a two color thing. I figure I'd make a few stencils to figure out the design after I get the truck.

But now I'm wondering if I should just get the 285s, since I was going to wait anyhow, I could just order and wait while driving on the stock ones until they arrive. What do you guys think of stock steel wheels with a two tone paint or accent to match the truck (silver and red pepper) and 285s, since they're pretty close to the 35" tires?

Keeping and painting an accent circle or some other design would make it look sort of stock, but custom while the 33s would fill the wheel wells better AND according to OP the manual will drive better too. Win-Win.
Two tone steelies? I have not seen that done yet. Might look cool, might be 'too much'. Please post pics if you do it! I would keep the accent circle thin if going for it, almost like the sasquatch beauty ring.

I can also confirm 33" tires with manual transmission feel well geared.

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee Overland
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Very nicely done @HoosierDaddy!! I did not think 35" on Base with no lift could be done, but you have proven that pushing the tire outwards by 20mm is just the trick to avoid rubbing on internals like the sway bar in particular.

Sponsored
OP
OP
HoosierDaddy

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I guess I thought I wouldn’t need TPMS sensors as the stock wheels would have them … am I not correct? Could you not use the sensors that came with the steelies?
You're correct.
I'm thinking I might want to do something else with the steelies and I wanted to keep them in there.
If these proved to be too slick for winter conditions, maybe get a set of winters ...

OP
OP
HoosierDaddy

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What do you guys think of stock steel wheels with a two tone paint or accent to match the truck (silver and red pepper) and 285s, since they're pretty close to the 35" tires?
Daring, that's what I think. LOL
Have you seen somebody pull that off to good effct?
I know painting them straight white can be an excellent way to achieve the retro look.
There's a number of rigs here doing that.

I considered going after the scrub brush safari truck look, but couldn't source the proper sized steelies to achieve it. Some Black Diamond wheels in white or argent silver would probably work.
I think M/T has a 255/85-17 coming out ... TALL and skinny ... 35 x 10 I think is what that equates to. Plus, I was afraid to go that skinny, thinking it would look odd.
I think it could be done though ... and be badass!!!

OP
OP
HoosierDaddy

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks really good, and nice wheel choice. How are the Open Countries for highway noise?
Update ... Finally made it to an interstate. Plus I aired down to the appropiate levels, the tire shop had them at 48psi.
At regular hiway speed, 65 to 68 , there is a pretty noticeable hum now.

At Interstate/Toll road speed, 78 mph, in my opinion, they are LOUD.

In their defense, they are considerably more rugged than other AT's I have ridden on, but they do seem quite loud at the upper speeds.

M Redwood

Big Bend
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BB,BASE
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
on my base with 35s i found i could keep the rear crash bar without rub..it was close but kept the rear one on mine. rims were +55 though so not sure your rims will work

Sponsored

TD723

Base
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ram 1500, 2017 Jeep JKU
Your Bronco Model
Base
I like. I went with the same but 704. They match the roof IMO.
I was going to ask if the gloss titanium matched the mic, considering the 313’s. Add some pics if you have them

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Two tone steelies? I have not seen that done yet. Might look cool, might be 'too much'. Please post pics if you do it! I would keep the accent circle thin if going for it, almost like the sasquatch beauty ring.

I can also confirm 33" tires with manual transmission feel well geared.
I was thinking an accent ring following around the holes or a center cap design with a thin stripe or something like that. I figure to cut out a few stencils and see what I like best.

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Daring, that's what I think. LOL
Have you seen somebody pull that off to good effct?
I know painting them straight white can be an excellent way to achieve the retro look.
There's a number of rigs here doing that.

I considered going after the scrub brush safari truck look, but couldn't source the proper sized steelies to achieve it. Some Black Diamond wheels in white or argent silver would probably work.
I think M/T has a 255/85-17 coming out ... TALL and skinny ... 35 x 10 I think is what that equates to. Plus, I was afraid to go that skinny, thinking it would look odd.
I think it could be done though ... and be badass!!!
I've seen a stripe added same color as car to a black or gray wheel and the simple skinny looks great. I would want to mock up something else before hand.

35" X 10" I like it, and it's cool that the Bronco can fit quite a few different size variations.

zedster

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco 2 dr Badlands SAS, '22 F150 PowerBoost
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

zedster

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco 2 dr Badlands SAS, '22 F150 PowerBoost
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was going to ask if the gloss titanium matched the mic, considering the 313’s. Add some pics if you have them
Ford Bronco Base Bronco on 35's NO LIFT!  Method 703's & Toyo 35 x 11.5 -17's 20211231_130834
Sponsored