Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5, Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My CX-5 is a few grand cheaper, at that price the Bronco better kick ass and not break down on me.
Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Oh, I know there is always more to it than the advertised price, I was just pointing out the latest pricing. I feel it is still a bit high, but closer to reality.

A car without AC is a death sentence where I live. ?

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just as a note. Within 100 miles of me. 700+ wrangler 3.6 autos. Cheapest is $31,000

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Oh, I know there is always more to it than the advertised price, I was just pointing out the latest pricing. I feel it is still a bit high, but closer to reality.

A car without AC is a death sentence where I live. ?
My boss use to get work trucks w/o AC until most companies make it a dealer option so it cost more to take the ac unit out then it is to keep it.

Evanm14

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5, Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I was looking at the Escape, but the wife wanted us to get the Mazda. Now it's my turn :)

Sponsored

Tslater1989

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 f150, 2016 explorer, 97 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The info i was given, higher base, lower top tier msrp is the goal. But with the current state of the world, expect all vehicles to go down a small amount.

Villagevip

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"68" "72" Broncos, sadly sold, back in the day
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Where did you get the idea the BRONCO is anything but a 4x4?

Are you sure your not confusing things with the Baby bronco Sport?
Bronco's IFS lends itself to a 2WD, if desired ...Trying to remember where I read that...Now, that 2WD is being questioned, I could be wrong...

Last edited:

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Bronco's IFS lends itself to a 2WD, if desired ...Trying to remember where I read that...Now, that 2WD is being questioned, I could be wrong...
you might be able to put it into 2wd via transfer case but definitely not JUST. 2wd model. The 4Runner does just to offer the soccer moms something even more soft.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
you might be able to put it into 2wd via transfer case but definitely not JUST. 2wd model. The 4Runner does just to offer the soccer moms something even more soft.
I actually think the 2wd toyotas appeal comes out of that 2wd pre runner fad of lifted 2wds. Maui is littered with them. I never understood it. They lift em put big tires and then get stuck on wet grass in em. Towed a couple that were just stuck in yards and parking lots. Its funny too because the ifs cradle is the same just with a big gaping hole where the diff would be. Then ya lift it 10 inches and everyone can see you big bad truck is just missing parts lol.

The only 2wd bronco ive seen was an early 90s that someone lightning-ified. Pretty sweet but meant for the street.

Engineerd

Wildtrak
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yep
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yea I am guessing 32ish for the base.

Yes the Wrangler technically starts lower, but you would have to special order it that way. I don't know if Ford will follow that methodology. I bet they include power windows, power locks and AC on all models, which will bump up the bottom end from where the Wrangler sits.

Don't forget you can option up a Wrangler to over $60k. I doubt the Bronco top tier will be under that.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Its_OJ

Its_OJ

Big Bend
First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thanks for the input so far guys, now my opinion is although a top level trim will be up there in price, they have to be competitive. Not only are they going to need current Ford F150 and Ranger owners to switch for sales, but also some tacoma, colorado and wrangler owners to switch as well to make the bronco have good sales numbers. With that said, I think Ford will shock us a bit with a little lower price than we think. Tacomas and wranglers have phenomal resell value, some cases you can drive one for two years and almost get your money back. So a diehard owner of one of those other brands for them to switch, it will have to make sense. Also the covid-19 situation has dropped current vehicle values immensely, and by the time the bronco hits dealers there will be tons of 2020 new F-150s and other vehicles on the lot with huge rebates, so i think that will make it extemly hard for some people to jusify msrp on a bronco when they can potentially get 10-12k off a new F150. or half that on other brands. Just my two cents

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
... Not only are they going to need current Ford F150 and Ranger owners to switch for sales ... to make the bronco have good sales numbers. ...
What? No, they do not want or need to cannibalize their own sales to move Broncos. They want more total sales volume, not just to shuffle the same figures around between a larger number of models for a lower net profit.

That's what Gladiator has done to Wrangler by not differentiating itself enough, and I'm sure FCA regrets it.

Tslater1989

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 f150, 2016 explorer, 97 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the input so far guys, now my opinion is although a top level trim will be up there in price, they have to be competitive. Not only are they going to need current Ford F150 and Ranger owners to switch for sales, but also some tacoma, colorado and wrangler owners to switch as well to make the bronco have good sales numbers. With that said, I think Ford will shock us a bit with a little lower price than we think. Tacomas and wranglers have phenomal resell value, some cases you can drive one for two years and almost get your money back. So a diehard owner of one of those other brands for them to switch, it will have to make sense. Also the covid-19 situation has dropped current vehicle values immensely, and by the time the bronco hits dealers there will be tons of 2020 new F-150s and other vehicles on the lot with huge rebates, so i think that will make it extemly hard for some people to jusify msrp on a bronco when they can potentially get 10-12k off a new F150. or half that on other brands. Just my two cents
I think you are right for the most part, but ford is probably going to take a gamble and slap money on the hoods of these broncs out of the gate. More on (and off) the road that are seen, the more advertising they get. I plan on holding out for a year to save for a bigger down payment or pay off a big chunk immediately after getting financing settled. Believe it or not, thats sometimes a better way to go about it. Hoping that the model I want, which is somewhere in the middle, can be had for less than a comparable jeep.
We got my wifes explorer for a pretty good deal, leather,sync, glass roof, 20 inch wheels, heated seats and steering wheel. Most of the high end goodies, but on an XLT. Would like to do something similarly with the bronco.

OP
OP
Its_OJ

Its_OJ

Big Bend
First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I think you are right for the most part, but ford is probably going to take a gamble and slap money on the hoods of these broncs out of the gate. More on (and off) the road that are seen, the more advertising they get. I plan on holding out for a year to save for a bigger down payment or pay off a big chunk immediately after getting financing settled. Believe it or not, thats sometimes a better way to go about it. Hoping that the model I want, which is somewhere in the middle, can be had for less than a comparable jeep.
We got my wifes explorer for a pretty good deal, leather,sync, glass roof, 20 inch wheels, heated seats and steering wheel. Most of the high end goodies, but on an XLT. Would like to do something similarly with the bronco.
I plan on doing the same, I hope Ford makes the 8 inch touch screen sync system standard, I’m tired of looking at tiny screens in new vehicles lol. Now I know we have no info as far as packages or anything but I just want a XLT 2 door hardtop with a big touchscreen. Thats all i need, No BLIS or automatic braking or any of that jazz. Less is more for me
Sponsored