Sponsored

Base Bronco with Sasquatch or aftermarket wheel package?

glamarca

Base
First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Charger SXT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hey all,

I'm sure this has been debated, but I am new to the forum. I am ready to order our Base Bronco Friday, but can't decide whether it's worth ordering the Sasquatch package for $4,995 and the auto trans (wife needs LOL!) or do aftermarket rims and tires. She needs the automatic, but seems like when we add the Sasquatch package, the auto trans is "included", but the price jumps up more than the $4,995 Sasquatch package on the website.

We really just want the look of the Sasquatch with the larger rims and tires, but don't necessarily need the different rear end. Will aftermarket 17s with the LT315 MT tires fit on a Base without the lift?

Trying to keep the initial cost down. Any thoughts are much appreciated.
Sponsored

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ordering the Sasquatch ($4995) on the Base also requires adding the auto trans ($1595) and the advanced auto 4x4 ($795).....that's where your price increase comes from.

The Sasquatch supposedly only adds 10mm of lift (about 7/16") and has wider flares to cover the extra tire width. The wider flares are somewhere around $500...... so figure $1k for 5 tires, $1k(at least) for rims, and $500 for flares, and there's half the cost of the Squatch package.

The Squatch 4.7 ratio gearing works better with the 35" tires than the Base 3.73 gears, especially if you are going with the 2.3 4 cylinder.

Adding 33" tires to a Base is a nice compromise to the full on Squatch.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Like @Fly by Nite said, 33's should be OK with new wheels. But I'd say no to 35's without a lift.

When considering Base, going Sasquatch is a good deal. I've considered it myself many times.
Sponsored